Sponsored

Any word on Camp Kitchen production/deliveries/pricing?

Dirty_B

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T
Occupation
Sales
I asked my guide earlier this week: BLUF, later this CY. Reality, no idea maybe 2023. But price is locked in for when configured/ordered.
Sponsored

Acoustic71

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Volvo XC70; 2022 Rivian R1T
Occupation
Project Manager
Oh wow, they removed my kitchen too despite having an Oct production estimate. Let's just hope that they're not like "you didn't have kitchen configured at time of order [because we silently removed it] so you're not eligible to purchase the kitchen at reduced pricing".
Did you receive an updated delivery window estimate on June 11, 2022? If you did, then your question regarding what happened to your Camp Kitchen is right at the bottom of the email.

Thank you for your preorder and your commitment to helping us create a more sustainable world. As we continue to assess our supply chain and build plans, we want to provide an update on your estimated delivery window.

Your Adventure package R1T estimated delivery window is August - September 2022.

Your delivery window estimate is based on your preorder date, delivery location and current configuration. Ahead of your purchase, you can visit our Support Center to learn more about how to prepare for buying a Rivian vehicle.

Your preorder is a vote for finding better ways of doing things on a planet that needs all of us to innovate for the future. If you have any questions, please reach out to us.

Thank you again for being on this journey with us.

* Any additional changes to your configuration or delivery address may impact your estimated delivery window.

*The Camp Kitchen, Gear Tunnel Shuttle and Three-Person Tent are not yet available and have been removed from customer orders that have an estimated delivery window in 2022. These items can be purchased through Gear Shop and will be delivered separately from your vehicle.

Now couple that information with the March 6, 2022 email that indicated that Rivian was rolling back prices to the original pre-order amounts and would honor the old prices for any option that was on your order at the time of the price increase/roll back. It's the third bullet point on the email below.
++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
We wanted to follow up with you directly after RJ’s letter this past Thursday regarding pricing. As RJ said, your previously configured price will be honored.

We appreciate your patience as we update our configurator and your Account page with your previous pricing. We expect this could take several weeks. In the meantime, you’ll be hearing from us more regularly.

Here are some things you should know:
  • Your Rivian Account page will continue to reflect the higher pricing until the update is complete.
  • Once the update is complete, your preorder will revert to what it was as of February 28, 2022.
  • We will honor the prices you were given for the options you previously chose.
  • Details regarding Rivian preorders can be found in our Preorder Agreement.
++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Things can always change, but taken together I have to believe that my original pricing will stand whenever the Camp Kitchen becomes available.

Last edited:

Acoustic71

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Volvo XC70; 2022 Rivian R1T
Occupation
Project Manager
Sorry. That post could have been a lot cleaner. Having some connectivity formatting/connectivity issues at the moment.

NorskBoy

First Name
Karl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ram 2500 diesel, sold the BMW
Occupation
Contractor
I would guess that because Rivian has decided to proactively remove the kitchen, tent, and shuttle from all orders with a 2022 delivery date, we shouldn’t expect the kitchen or other removed accessories to be available until next year. Even if some limited numbers will be available before then, the removal suggests Rivian isn’t confident in any deliveries this year having them.
I actually saw a tent at the Bellevue Wa. SC last week.

Leonbmx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Rivian R1T, 2020 Tesla MY
Occupation
Boeing Design Engineer
Clubs

Applying CPR to this thread... All I see is rumors that Dometic wouldn't allow the cooktop to be used in an exposed outdoor environment, as they are meant for in-RV-installation.

You would think that Rivian had that as one of their requirements when they sourced the parts?

Either way, trying to see if anyone has any more info since the last post?
Sponsored