HighVoltOverland

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GW/OC R1T | Tesla MY | Jeep Wrangler TJ
Occupation
Retired-ish
Clubs

Possibly in front of the camper, but certainly not under the cabover.

What would you use one for? The GFC itself is an incredible roof rack.
Are you altering the shark fin?
The roof rack is lower than the shark fin
Sponsored

jjswan33

First Name
Joshua
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T LE, Hyundai Ioniq 5 Limited
Occupation
Engineer
Clubs

We have a really unique solution that's incredibly slick. You'll see it soon. No one else will get anything lower over the cab.
I'll be right here on the edge of my seat...

HighVoltOverland

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GW/OC R1T | Tesla MY | Jeep Wrangler TJ
Occupation
Retired-ish
Clubs

We have a really unique solution that's incredibly slick. You'll see it soon. No one else will get anything lower over the cab.
Is the solution to just use the factory roof points because it's a unibody?

Sponsored

SJaYx2P

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tacoma
Previous owner of V1 camper #44. I can’t wait to get one on the R1T.
Rivian R1T R1S Go Fast Camper for R1T Announced IMG_1859

Forager

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
Occupation
Structural Engineer
Clubs

andrew

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
I guess I really should continue my topper builds out.

I have planted the bug in the the software team about adding an external gps connector. They said they pushed it up the chain but I doubt they'll do anything.
For what it's worth, I've been watching for you to continue working on these since I first saw you mention it.

Definitely interested in this GFC version as well though, pending more details.

EVTrukHog

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150, Explorer, Corvette C6
I'd love to see some photos of how users are configuring the interior of these setups... are you using steps or ladders to get in/out of the truck bed? I assume you have to empty the truck bed to have any meaningful usable space? are you using built-ins in the truck bed for efficiency? ...so many questions but intrigued with these type of campers.

Sponsored

Team_GFC

Site Sponsor
First Name
GoFastCampers
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T
Occupation
Manufacturer
I'd love to see some photos of how users are configuring the interior of these setups... are you using steps or ladders to get in/out of the truck bed? I assume you have to empty the truck bed to have any meaningful usable space? are you using built-ins in the truck bed for efficiency? ...so many questions but intrigued with these type of campers.
It's really up to each individual about how they configure stuff in the truck bed, and that will likely change between trips. This flexibility is a key part of the value proposition.

Some people do full build outs with permanently installed cabinets, sinks, etc etc etc. Some people just camp minimally by throwing a duffle bag of supplies in the bed and hitting the road. I like to go minimal, but by adding a 270 awning (the external load halo is the best mounting solution ever devised), I've also added a ton of outdoor living space to my truck.

The bed size is another factor. An eight-food bed Super Duty is going to provide a lot more interior space than a 4.5-foot bed R1T.

Here's one example of a fully custom Maverick build using a GFC RTT (R1S owners: the RTT provides a roof rack that's also a rooftop tent, creating the lowest, lightest solution possible):

Attached are photos of my setup. By keeping the truck bed mostly empty (with the exception of the drawers), I'm able to keep using my truck as a truck in daily life. Just got back from doing a dump run for example. In good weather, we then just setup a campsite like normal. In bad weather, we cook and hang out under the awning. During hunting season, I run the camper in one person bunk mode, and then have a dry place to hang up my clothes while I sleep to dry out, and can change/do boots in a standing height shelter that sets ups and takes down instantly so I can stay mobile. I sit on a folding camp chair in the bed to warm up, drink whiskey, look at maps etc when the weather is really awful.

And here's a thread on our forum with thousands of photos: https://forum.gofastcampers.com/t/what-have-you-done-to-your-gfc-this-week/10822

Rivian R1T R1S Go Fast Camper for R1T Announced New-Decked_h-scaled

Rivian R1T R1S Go Fast Camper for R1T Announced wes-table_h-scaled

Rivian R1T R1S Go Fast Camper for R1T Announced PXL_20240213_013854883~3-EFFECTS

Team_GFC

Site Sponsor
First Name
GoFastCampers
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T
Occupation
Manufacturer
Be cool to have the interior frame painted Rivian yellow to match the yellow tent. Beautiful design.
It's an architectural grade black anodizing that'll never turn purple with sun exposure as many cheaper coatings will. All the silver parts are then clear anodized, and fasteners are zinc coated. Stand by for some exciting panel color options though.

goldburger

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 R1T
Totally get that some people prefer porcelain toilets and jacuzzi bathtubs. We do not offer that camping experience.
🤣
Sponsored