Any recommendation for washing?

Aag12

First Name
B
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Na
I've already got some Cerakote Trim Coat ready to apply as one of the first things I do after delivery. I'm hoping it will help out with that problem.
I spent 5 months without cerakote. The black trim gets faded and is near impossible to clean. Post cerakote, the car looks awesome and cleans better!
Sponsored

jasonphoto01

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Rivian R1T, 1976 Ford Bronco, 2018 RR Sport
Occupation
Medical Field
It's like blowing through a straw to dry your hair... I'm sure you could, but the sun/wind/air will dry faster than the air compressor.
I would think the same thing but a lot of pro-cleaning companies sell small air blowers to dry vehicles, but I'm guessing that's to maybe get into trim, wheels, hard-to-reach places, or the like. They also use an air compressor on a tool that blows dirt out of your carpet for interior jobs.

Last edited:

NY_Rob

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Model 3 LR AWD, 2017 BMW i3 REX, 2023 R1T
Occupation
IT
The onboard air compressor is just that.. a compressor that is good at pressure not volume. A blower is the opposite.. it's good at volume not pressure.
You fill tires and small volume objects with the compressor.
You blow dry a vehicle with a blower.
One tool can not substitute for the other in this case.

jasonphoto01

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Rivian R1T, 1976 Ford Bronco, 2018 RR Sport
Occupation
Medical Field
The onboard air compressor is just that.. a compressor that is good at pressure not volume. A blower is the opposite.. it's good at volume not pressure.
You fill tires and small volume objects with the compressor.
You blow dry a vehicle with a blower.
One tool can not substitute for the other in this case.
Ok then, Outside of heat and a filter, what's the difference between this https://adamspolishes.com/collections/car-drying/products/adams-black-sidekick-blower and an air compressor with something like this https://www.amazon.com/Flexzilla-Blow-Gun-Xtreme-Flo-Nozzle/dp/B002Z32OLI/ref=sr_1_17?crid=8AVYFEMR2PH5&keywords=air+compressor+blower+gun&qid=1678052864&sprefix=air+compressor+blower+cgun,aps,185&sr=8-17&th=1 ? Also couldn't you use this in the interior with the onboard compressor? https://www.amazon.com/dp/B082J4KSK...colid=S08B3VUI2PIO&psc=1&ref_=lv_ov_lig_dp_it

Sponsored

NY_Rob

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Model 3 LR AWD, 2017 BMW i3 REX, 2023 R1T
Occupation
IT
^ "Blowers" are based off a spinning turbine fan blade that spins at high rpms and they move a lot of air that generates thrust.. just like the spinning blades of a jet engine. The small blowers like leaf blowers and car driers move a lot of air.. but only generate 1-2psi maybe and certainly can't supply 50psi needed to inflate the Rivian tires.

A compressor has a small piston then travels up and down in a cylinder and as it does it displaces air. It's displaced volume is tiny and insufficient for moving large volumes of air like blowers. Due to the tight seal of the piston inside the cylinder they can however create pressure of 100+ psi even in single stage units which is perfect for inflating small sealed volumes like car tires and sports balls.

You can purchase a venturi nozzle tip for your compressor blow gun which will pull some outside air along with the flow from the compressor... but that too is very limited in how much volume of air it actually moves. mechanics use that tip for drying pats after washing them (think items the size of a carburetor, etc..) but you certainly wouldn't try to dry a whole car with that tip. Those blow guns work off a compressor that has a storage tank which provides some volume of compressed air at high pressure, unfortunately.. the Rivian onboard air compressor is "tankless" (because a storage tank is not required to inflate tires or sports activity balls) so there is no way to store any pressurized volume of air to power a blow gun.

Last edited:

DaveA

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T
You do have to have a pressure washer for those composite side bottom panels. You have to blast the F out of them to clean them.

Edit: just spent $11 with pressure wand on my truck and the bottom composite panels STILL are DIRTY. WTF. Hardest plastic to clean I have ever owned.
Stiff bristle brush and dishsoap on those....so much work....
Sponsored