Sponsored

Any R1S pre-orders hear from guides recently?

steve1081

First Name
Stephen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2016 Tesla Model S, 2021 Yukon Denali, R1S LE
Sorry if I have been missed some prior posts on my question, but for several years now and until I picked up today, I was under the impression the Black Mountain interior was all black with some subtle hue changes in the black. But in looking at my BM interior all day today it seems as though the suede stripe sown into the middle of the seat has a forest green color to it, and the floormats also look like the green mats from the Forrest Edge interior. I went back to the original color boards when the interiors came out and it almost seems as though the green suede and green floormats that were part of the Forrest Edge have been blended into the Black Mountain interior…was this a supply chain issue? I attached pics…I must be color blind. Anyway, I am still super happy with my R1S…just not a big fan of the subtle green in the seats and floor mats.

E83A32EB-9F53-487F-AE62-67805F2C40DC.jpeg

79364EEA-2512-45BA-839E-816B5F26CE19.jpeg
I 100% agree it looks green and also thought it would not. I love it since I have LG exterior and I think it looks great. But with other exterior colors I would prefer it to be all black.
Sponsored

sevengroove

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S Launch Edition
I just got a text from someone at the Bellevue service center saying that my "R1T" has just arrived! (they did correct themselves and say that was a typo - it is indeed my R1S, phew :)).

Step 8 is still locked but I texted back and said take your time with the PDI and any fixes. They said it could be ready potentially by sometime this week!

OP
OP
rivianguy

rivianguy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1S
I just got a text from someone at the Bellevue service center saying that my "R1T" has just arrived! (they did correct themselves and say that was a typo - it is indeed my R1S, phew :)).

Step 8 is still locked but I texted back and said take your time with the PDI and any fixes. They said it could be ready potentially by sometime this week!
I just picked up mine today! Good luck man!

sevengroove

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S Launch Edition
I just picked up mine today! Good luck man!
Thanks, and congrats! R1T or R1S? Edit: nvm I see your OP for the R1S. Excellent!

jcornish

First Name
Jeffrey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mercedes E550
I know that some of the early pre-order holders heard from guides several months ago, but I'm curious to know as we come close to the first 'new delivery dates' (August/September) if anyone has actually heard from guides about there R1S delivery?

Note this is for R1S, not for R1T.
I placed my order Dec 2018 and I have heard nothing from CS.... Almost 4 years, seems like a long time to me!

Sponsored

NashvilleR1S

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 R1S, 2022 Pilot
Occupation
Cinematography
I placed my order Dec 2018 and I have heard nothing from CS.... Almost 4 years, seems like a long time to me!
LE or adventure? What's your delivery window?

BrentInCO

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla S, Toyota FJ, R1S Quad Large Pack Feb 2023
My Question to my guide yesterday: "Do you have any insight on if batching for R1S’s will next switch to Ocean Coast or Forest Edge? Or perhaps both in parallel?"

My Guide's Answer today: "Guides unfortunately do not have much insight into production schedules. While I am starting to see R1S production ramp, I do not have insight into when certain configuration combinations will be built."

JerseyGreens

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 R1S ADV
Occupation
CAT Property Underwriter
My Question to my guide yesterday: "Do you have any insight on if batching for R1S’s will next switch to Ocean Coast or Forest Edge? Or perhaps both in parallel?"

My Guide's Answer today: "Guides unfortunately do not have much insight into production schedules. While I am starting to see R1S production ramp, I do not have insight into when certain configuration combinations will be built."
I asked a similar question in chat about production...I asked if they have produced any non-LE R1Ss yet...got the same copy/paste response!

I truly believe they don't know but how hard would it be for them to find out and email me back with a concise answer...

BoltAction

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S Launch Edition
Clubs

December '18 as well and 8-step opened up last week immediately after first mile drive. It's coming for you soon, I'm sure. What a wait!

jcornish

First Name
Jeffrey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mercedes E550
December '18 as well and 8-step opened up last week immediately after first mile drive. It's coming for you soon, I'm sure. What a wait!
Thanks for the vote of confidence (that I'll actually get it). You drove a R1S? I understand the 8-step process can be a bit of a challenge.... I'm about 2 hours from you in Temecula....I have the OC interior and I think that may be part of the delay. Be sure and let us know when you get yours!

Sponsored

NashvilleR1S

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 R1S, 2022 Pilot
Occupation
Cinematography
Adventure version and I have no idea what my delivery window is. I think the OC interior may have caused delays...Oh well, someday...
It’s because you’re adventure. They are projecting delivering LEs into the first quarter of the year so you likely won’t be til the end or after that.

JerseyGreens

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 R1S ADV
Occupation
CAT Property Underwriter
It’s because you’re adventure. They are projecting delivering LEs into the first quarter of the year so you likely won’t be til the end or after that.
Likely true but they will get to a point where LE and ADV will be made side by side.

Said differently, they aren't waiting for every single LE order to be completed before beginning the manufacturing process for ADV.

jcornish

First Name
Jeffrey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mercedes E550
Thanks. I had no idea of their schedule... Good to know...

BoltAction

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S Launch Edition
Clubs

Thanks for the vote of confidence (that I'll actually get it). You drove a R1S? I understand the 8-step process can be a bit of a challenge.... I'm about 2 hours from you in Temecula....I have the OC interior and I think that may be part of the delay. Be sure and let us know when you get yours!
Yes drove Glacier White LE, very impressive (having not stepped into a Rivian before). 8-step has been fairly straightforward so far:

Step 1: Title & Registration
Step 2: Trade-in?
Step 3: Type of Financing?
Step 4: Insurance
Step 6: Sign Contract
Step 7: Payment
Step 8: Schedule Delivery
Sponsored