Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y, Prius Plug-in
Occupation
Software Engineer
Clubs

Do my have any data on non-employee deliveries, but I did see my first R1S today. Was walking the dog and walked right past it and said to my wife “that is an R1S!” I walked across the street and said, I just picked up my R1T on Saturday. We chatted and found that he is an employee in Palo Alto and writes software but not ADAS.
If you’ve been following me, you will know that this isn’t the first time I’ve run into an employee with an R1, but the other one lives in another block, has a glacier white R1T and does work on ADAS software.
Sponsored

atlastracer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S LE, Honda Pilot
Do my have any data on non-employee deliveries, but I did see my first R1S today. Was walking the dog and walked right past it and said to my wife “that is an R1S!” I walked across the street and said, I just picked up my R1T on Saturday. We chatted and found that he is an employee in Palo Alto and writes software but not ADAS.
If you’ve been following me, you will know that this isn’t the first time I’ve run into an employee with an R1, but the other one lives in another block, has a glacier white R1T and does work on ADAS software.
Was it his R1S? Or did it have manufacturer plates? If it's his we can at least confirm the employee deliveries are happening which is one step closer. Better that yet another test vehicle.

mwexler2

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y, Prius Plug-in
Occupation
Software Engineer
Clubs

I didn’t look at the plates but from the Zebra stripe wrap and’m guessing a Rivian vehicle.

CUBldr97

First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
TESLA MS85 RIVIAN reservation holder
CS told me the update delivery emails that were supposed to go out by yesterday were for those with OC interior... hmm in theory July is also when they will start the "second shift" for production at the plant hopefully the focus will be on the S...

pjrivian

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Audi Q7, Victory Hammer S,
Occupation
Pilot
CS told me the update delivery emails that were supposed to go out by yesterday were for those with OC interior... hmm in theory July is also when they will start the "second shift" for production at the plant hopefully the focus will be on the S...
I have an OC interior LE R1S. No email

Reactions: Rad

Sponsored

atlastracer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S LE, Honda Pilot
I didn’t look at the plates but from the Zebra stripe wrap and’m guessing a Rivian vehicle.
Oh yeah - if it was zebra wrapped it was 100% still a Rivian test vehicle. Hopefully they are actually delivering R1S to employees right now. Sooner the do that and get feedback, the sooner they can deliver them to external customers!

Tomgriff

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2015 MS 70D, 2017 Chevy Bolt Premier, T700
I think it will be interesting to see where the Ioniq 7 / EV 9 pricing lands, these will be the closest competitors for size (not off roading/performance chops) With dealer markups, I bet the price will be close to the original R1S price.
I'll be keeping an eye on those for sure. They will likely have better charging. You are right, their "real" price will depend on dealer markups. A fully spec'd Palisades/Telluride is right around 50K so guessing the BEVs will start in the high 50s and go into the 70s with markups on top of that until supply start to catch up with demand. They may have a more carlike ride but certainly won't be true offroad vehicles (they will be fine on most dirt/gravel roads) but will be great for what most people actually use their SUVs for.

R1Simon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2011 Hyundai Sonata Hybrid
I’m going to log into my account and put a lower case “i” in front of my first name and add my middle name, “Influencer”. My R1S should arrive any day now.

…off to Lululemon to buy Yoga pants.
good luck affording your R1S after shopping at Lulu

OP
OP
DinNC

DinNC

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S - LE/LG/BM/20” Dark
Alright - here is what I received today, keeping in mind I was in the April-May posse. A few points:

• My guide seems as frustrated as we are
  • But the messaging was that they were still on track for starting deliveries for April-May folks beginning at the end of this month (ie, what we all knew)
  • The guide was told a more specific update would be provided on Wednesday next week and another update would be provided as to what that means
So how am I setting my expectations? July/Aug instead of Apr/May with the caveat that it is dependent upon actually seeing deliveries start. Being in NC, I suspect my delivery would follow that of CA or IL.

Did anyone else receive an update?
Update today since Guide said there would be an update today = no update.

Reached out mid afternoon and will reply back to the thread when I receive a reply.

Until then, I will keep air driving when I am not jamming out on the air guitar!!

Sponsored

q177onique

First Name
Monique
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model X
Amy Mast on twittter has been showing off a yellow R1S. Seems to be hers and not a test vehicle. It’s unclear if she’s an employee.
Rivian R1T R1S Any R1S Delivery Updates? 8B784BEC-C3E4-4D70-A9BA-355B720FC196

jjwolf120

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1S
Occupation
TPA

q177onique

First Name
Monique
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model X
Amy Winters Mast
Director, Corporate Communications at Rivian
I figured she was. I should have said I didn’t take the time to google her to confirm if she was or wasn’t.

R1Sky Business

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S
Clubs

Sooooo, by the end of the year then
Sponsored