Any New SR or SR+ R1T or R1S Delivered

NorCalChris

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
On Order: R1S Dual, Standard Range, Rivian Blue
That’s awesome! Especially since you can (supposedly) charge it up to 100 regularly.
that’s what I’m hoping for. Waiting to see some deep dives into the pack and what its true capacity is vs software locked. If anyone knows how to check this kind of thing myself through some kind of service menu let me know. I used to do this on my model 3 all the time.

KRG

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2024 R1T DM
Occupation
Tech Bro
Clubs

Is this true?
These new standard pack batteries are supposedly lithium iron phosphate which can be charged to 100%. Further, there’s also rumors the standard and standard+ are the same, which just a software lock on the lower range battery…making even more reasonable to assume it’s fine to charge to 100%. But none of this is confirmed at the moment.

EvAdventure13

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
that’s what I’m hoping for. Waiting to see some deep dives into the pack and what its true capacity is vs software locked. If anyone knows how to check this kind of thing myself through some kind of service menu let me know. I used to do this on my model 3 all the time.
The current standard packs are not LFP batteries, Rivian has confirmed this. LFP supposedly coming this summer . Whether they are software locked batteries is unknown. Since Rivian assembles their battery packs I think it’s unlikely they would add extra cells to the standard packs with all the financial issues they’ve had

KRG

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2024 R1T DM
Occupation
Tech Bro
Clubs

The current standard packs are not LFP batteries, Rivian has confirmed this. LFP supposedly coming this summer . Whether they are software locked batteries is unknown. Since Rivian assembles their battery packs I think it’s unlikely they would add extra cells to the standard packs with all the financial issues they’ve had
Are you sure? Why would they introduce these new packs now to be replaced in just a few months. The delivery vans have already had LFP for a while. They said all along the LFP would be coming to the standard range R1 next. I also think it would cost more to design two new packs rather than one with a software lock. Especially when standard+ is likely to be more popular. But who knows.

Sponsored

TTedP

First Name
Ted
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'24 R1T DM, Large
Occupation
Telecom
Yep, SR. It shows 270 at 100%.
Nice. For comparison, mine (DM, Large, 20” AT) - online est range said 307 but in vehicle says 315. But I get it, all EV range is estimated.

Good to know real #’s on SR and SR+ are there.

KRG

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2024 R1T DM
Occupation
Tech Bro
Clubs

Well, they keep these things hidden. I swung by the delivery center today to try and sneak a peak (I take delivery Wed) but it was nowhere to be found.

OP
OP
Eric9610

Eric9610

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T QM, Tesla MY, MB E350, MB S550
Clubs

At delivery of my buddies R1T SP on Friday we asked the guide multiple times and they confirmed it’s ok to charge to 100% every day on the SP. the charge rate does slow down significantly once hitting 95% it drops to about 8kwh per my friend. Don’t know the charging curve.
The SR pack is the same chemistry as all current packs but software locked from SR+.

EvAdventure13

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
At delivery of my buddies R1T SP on Friday we asked the guide multiple times and they confirmed it’s ok to charge to 100% every day on the SP. the charge rate does slow down significantly once hitting 95% it drops to about 8kwh per my friend. Don’t know the charging curve.
The SR pack is the same chemistry as all current packs but software locked from SR+.
If it’s software limited then why would it slow down at 95%? That would be 84% state of charge on a standard plus battery.

OP
OP
Eric9610

Eric9610

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Clubs

If it’s software limited then why would it slow down at 95%? That would be 84% state of charge on a standard plus battery.
because they did not write new charging curve algorithms. BTW the large pack slows at 84%.

Sponsored

KRG

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2024 R1T DM
Occupation
Tech Bro
Clubs

I’m surprised they would volunteer that information, but that’s great news. Even just charging to 95% is fine for me. I’m mostly an urban driver and don’t have a commute so I don’t need massive range.

usofrob

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla 3, lotus Elise
Occupation
MBSE
Anyone with a SR or SR+ want to take a picture of their Tire and Load Rating sticker in the driver's door frame (and report if you purchased with a spare)?
I'm very curious if the weight is any different.

Ottoman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
23 QM
Occupation
Engineer
I've been trying to change my order from the 2024 DM to a leftover 2023 QM in stock at the local SC.

the DAS on the site says $1,700

for me on the contract it wants $4,700

when I asked where's the 3k discount? he said he knows nothing about it. made it sound like it's case by case and can't discuss other peoples vehicles.

I'm afraid to miss out on a discount that others are getting due to a clerical error

OP
OP
Eric9610

Eric9610

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Clubs

Rivian made it clear it’s not a standard practice to discount any stock. So far we have only seen proof of 1 change get a discount and we don’t know all the details.

it’s not automatic that getting a QM qualifies you for any extra discount.

I see you are in so cal. Highly unlikely anyone in socal gets a discount.

KRG

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2024 R1T DM
Occupation
Tech Bro
Clubs

I've been trying to change my order from the 2024 DM to a leftover 2023 QM in stock at the local SC.

the DAS on the site says $1,700

for me on the contract it wants $4,700

when I asked where's the 3k discount? he said he knows nothing about it. made it sound like it's case by case and can't discuss other peoples vehicles.

I'm afraid to miss out on a discount that others are getting due to a clerical error
Are you saying the “discount” for leasing a leftover 2023 is not showing up on your contract? I’m not certain I follow.
Sponsored