Any ideal tool box solution for gear tunnel on R1T

fbitz777

First Name
francois
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T 2017MX; 2022 Ioniq5 (2)
I want to use my R1T as a tool truck and I seem to recall there was a picture once showing a great tool system that would slide in/out like the kitchen option.

I need to store as much as to fill the entire tunnel without and slopping around.

I see an upcoming gear tunnel shuttle that might help but maybe there are existing ideas on this forum.
Sponsored

Dark-Fx

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Polestar 2, R1T, R1S, Livewire One, Fisker Ocean
Occupation
Engineering
Clubs

I want to use my R1T as a tool truck and I seem to recall there was a picture once showing a great tool system that would slide in/out like the kitchen option.

I need to store as much as to fill the entire tunnel without and slopping around.

I see an upcoming gear tunnel shuttle that might help but maybe there are existing ideas on this forum.
You're probably thinking about the Rivian service trucks. I don't think it's possible to buy their shuttles, but I haven't asked.

COdogman

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 R1T
Occupation
Dog Wrangler
It seems like it will be awhile before anyone even gets a Rivian gear shuttle since that is being redesigned along with the camp kitchen.

I think it would be pretty popular if Rivian or someone else sold a tool organizer for that space.

Kuro-Rivian

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1969 BMW 2002

I've looked into these (Jobox) and you should be able to fit up to 3 stacked in the gear tunnel. There are other similar products. Eventually someone will come up with a bed solution like Decked assuming production # get high enough to make it worthwile.

Jobox 12x6x50

Decked Bed Box

Christos

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
I retrofitted my R1T with Systainer. The box and storage system works very well. Most importantly the depth of the boxes is perfect for the tunnel. There are a ton of options to go with. Here is a link on the larger L size that fits beautifully.

https://systainer.store/collections/systainer3/products/systainer3-l-237-anthracite

I will also includes some pics when I have a chance. A benefit to this system is when Rivian finally starts selling the shuttle the boxes will fit.
Sponsored