Alone in Alabama?

rodhx

First Name
Rod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, 03 IS300 5spd track/autox
Guide said “two months, maybe earlier” and talked about delivering it to the house. Wasn’t really prepared to finalize a config but I guess I need to get started. :oops: I did tell her once I decide on a config I am willing to go fetch the truck myself If that helps. Even if I would rather do almost anything to avoid driving near ATL.:headbang:
Sponsored

rodhx

First Name
Rod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Got word this morning my truck is in Atlanta for final prep. Unfortunately I cannot get over there next week to pick it up but they are bringing it to the house on 6/23.

Anybody need a Mach E? ;)

Animalhouse

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2009 hummer H3T (manual), 2018 dodge ram
Occupation
Contractor
Congratulations and don’t forget plenty of photos when it arrives (you know for reference material).

And here I am I just got a mach e end of May and having a blast in it.

I haven’t driven a Rivian yet but if it’s as good as I hear I may consider trading my 2018 Dodge Ram in and having both a Rivian and machE (canceled my hummer ev3 cause I haven’t heard a peep from the dealer when I havSked questions).

rodhx

First Name
Rod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
No good pics yet...too busy driving & answering questions ;), but she was delivered as scheduled yesterday. It's a pretty big upgrade over the Mach E...much better ride, better handling, much faster.
Rivian R1T R1S Alone in Alabama? tempImagebfQ3pD

Otisbrick

First Name
Otis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, 2015 Ford F-150 XLT 4x4 Sport
Occupation
Physician
I drove by Franklin location a couple days back. There's absolutely nothing going on there as far as I could tell.
Regarding the L2 chargers in the parks. I'm aware of only one location that got them: Radnor
They now have signage
Rivian R1T R1S Alone in Alabama? 57AFA5A3-0515-4956-9454-B726FB6EB773

Sponsored

Animalhouse

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Contractor
THEY GOT A SIGN!!!

Progress has been made us country folk.
😜

Thanks for the update. Makes me want to take a drive up there from Huntsville to take a peek.

Animalhouse

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Contractor
Well this weekend I saw two R1Ts out in the wild here locally in Huntsville. A cool looking el cap grey and a cool blue towing a sail boat.

As I drive my little mach-E I say “one day don’t know when but one day”.

Lol second half of 2023 isn’t “that” far away.

Otisbrick

First Name
Otis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, 2015 Ford F-150 XLT 4x4 Sport
Occupation
Physician
I finally got mine on Thursday 9/29. Had to pick it up in Chicago (Long story). It was a fun road trip back home in my first EV experience. Learned a ton. Two Nashville service center folks were up there getting trained.
Rivian R1T R1S Alone in Alabama? IMG_5858

Mjl

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
Occupation
software engineer
I've seen 3 so far driving around birmingham. 1 launch green, 1 white and 1 black. I really wonder what the delivery experience is like and if they were local. I'd be 100% willing to pick up in ATL.

rodhx

First Name
Rod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
I've seen 3 so far driving around birmingham. 1 launch green, 1 white and 1 black. I really wonder what the delivery experience is like and if they were local. I'd be 100% willing to pick up in ATL.
Delivery experience was great for me. Rivian rep brought it over on their flatbed, unloaded at a nearby church, and drove it to my home. Spent a few minutes with the necessary "paperwork" and then about an hour walking through features and taking a test drive.

I live in north Jefferson county and haven't seen another Rivian since taking delivery of mine in June. Actually mine is the only one I've seen since I dropped in on the ATL SC on Memorial Day weekend. We're heading to the N Ga mountains this week though so I'm hoping to see some there.

Sponsored

Mjl

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
Occupation
software engineer
Delivery experience was great for me. Rivian rep brought it over on their flatbed, unloaded at a nearby church, and drove it to my home. Spent a few minutes with the necessary "paperwork" and then about an hour walking through features and taking a test drive.

I live in north Jefferson county and haven't seen another Rivian since taking delivery of mine in June. Actually mine is the only one I've seen since I dropped in on the ATL SC on Memorial Day weekend. We're heading to the N Ga mountains this week though so I'm hoping to see some there.
That's awesome! The ones I've seen were around the preserve / hoover publix. Might have been from out of town.

rodhx

First Name
Rod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
That's awesome! The ones I've seen were around the preserve / hoover publix. Might have been from out of town.
I work off Lakeshore near the Hwy150 end but am not often in Hoover. I know there are several in town I just haven't encountered them yet.

BTW, I could have picked up my truck a week earlier had I gone to ATL. I'm generally impatient with my cars and would have gone but schedule didn't permit it. Home delivery was easy and painless though so no reason to avoid it.

RivvedUp

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toyota RAV4 Hybrid, Chrysler Pacifica Hybrid
The white one could have been me! I picked mine up in Atlanta in late August and had a great experience. Last week a service person met me at my work to do the latest bolt-torque recall check (which only took about two minutes). He said there were about 12 R1T's in the Birmingham area and (I think) 20 or so in Alabama.

Animalhouse

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Contractor
I would be willing to go to Chicago or normal to pick up my truck they don’t have to deliver to my house. I’m a big boy I can make a drive lol.
Who am I kidding I would just like to get an update on if or when I might get a truck…I’m still on the Dec 2021 email and hoping for 2h or 2023😩.

Steve-hsv

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Hyundai Tucson, Jeep Cherokee, Chevrolet Corvette.
I'm happy to share that I took delivery yesterday of a limestone R1T. I picked it up from the Atlanta service center yesterday. Had a great experience there and a blast driving it home. I'm in the Huntsville area. I've been keeping an eye on the forum but haven't posted. I Hope to be more active now.
Rivian R1T R1S Alone in Alabama? PXL_20221029_152902483
Sponsored