Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
La Silver R1T (7/14/22), Ford Explorer
Occupation
Assistant Principal,
Clubs

Had my T for a year + now. My favorite thing to do is pass cars on 2 lane highways. The ICE vehicles need more a lot more space to pass. Love to pull out to pass…and flippin disapear into the horizon while they are trying to figure out “what the hell was that”…. totally silent minus the wind rushing by :)
Sponsored

Eeyore

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T LE, ID.4 Pro S, Honda Fit
Occupation
Union Journeyman Electrician, foreman
Clubs

Had my T for a year + now. My favorite thing to do is pass cars on 2 lane highways. The ICE vehicles need more a lot more space to pass. Love to pull out to pass…and flippin disapear into the horizon while they are trying to figure out “what the hell was that”…. totally silent minus the wind rushing by :)
Same here. I take the freeway to work, 46 miles. Then I take the back roads home, 46 miles of FUN.

Greg Chick

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
Occupation
Retired Plumbing Contractor
Clubs

I might just do that when I am at my parents in a couple of weeks.

What is this "snow" you speak of? I am in CommieFornia and where we live we might get anywhere from a 1/2" to a few inches (we are at the 1400' mark). I am glad Rivian makes a remarkable vehicle for everyone's taste..... off-roader, drag racer, rock crawler, cruiser......this is truly a "1 size fits all" vehicle.
I'm a Left Coaster born in "Commiefornia", and have gotten 12" snow in one day, and another 12" the next. I love the weather and the R1T. BTW, I know of no "Commies" in California, just "lovely lefties".

OP
OP
defcon888

defcon888

First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 R1T, 2021 Toyota RAV4 Prime
Occupation
Making money
Clubs

BTW, I know of no "Commies" in California, just "lovely lefties".
LOLOL. You go to the central valley (other than SacRELIGIOUSmento) and it is free.

Davebloyd

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
Occupation
Pilot
I am not a lead foot and don't swerve in and out of traffic. I usually stick about 5mph over the posted speed limit.

I knew getting the R1T would be a rocket on wheels. We have had our R1T for about 3 months now and love it. For all that time we have been driving 90% of the time in CONSERVE mode since I drive a long distance to work.

Yesterday on the way home I stopped by my parent's house to say hi. My son lives with them and he wanted to take a drive in the R1T. So, I put it in All-Purpose mode and drove down the country road.....I mean......straight for miles, no hills, no dips, no houses......straight and no traffic. I know this road like the back of my hand seeing that I have been down it thousands of times.

I nailed the pedal and WOW....it threw me back into the seat and I literally felt the G-Force and it was like getting on a rollercoaster....it actually scared me for a few seconds.

I wouldn't recommend doing this unless you are on a drag strip or there is a pretty much-abandoned road. I won't be doing it again....I am 1 and done and I am happy driving my 70mph.
I quit using conserve mode because I was reading in he forums that it seems to be harder on your front tires. Google "rivian conserve mode tire wear". It doesn't give many more miles of range than all-purpose. Plus, that acceleration is SOOOO much fun !!

Green Mean Machine

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 R1T Adventure Quad
Occupation
Lead PDM
I was doing it that out of the gate! The service center is about 30 minutes away from house. I still do that any time I can get a chance. My wife don't like it but she got used to it;). Whats the point of having the fastest EV production truck in the world if you don't have fun with it?!!
Sponsored