First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
06 CTD 2500, 00 Escalde, 2013 Yukon Denali
Occupation
General Manager
Just had to share this because I found it corny and awesome!!!

I was one of the first to get an R1T in my town (Aug 22). I run a pretty successful business that sees about 400 cars through it a day. I was stopped at least 6 times a day the first month and it started trending down to about 3 a week now. It was not my intent to be a Brand Ambassador but I have been. And I have enjoyed sharing about it while dispelling myths about EVs and living with them daily and on trips. I cant count how many times someone has really liked it and said so while sitting in it checking out the screen flows and options... Today got me....lol I has going through a drive thru for breakfast and a young lady said " I really like your trunk." I said as normal "Thanks". All the sudden Alexa comes to life and said, " Thank you, that really gives me a charge" or something very similar... I shocked me and I had a moment of chuckles as it never stops amazing me with a new " Feature" every now and again...
Sponsored

Last edited:

ranieri

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Volvo XC90 T8
Occupation
photographer, real estate agent
I don't care how corny it is. That's hilarious.

Trandall

First Name
Travis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T, 2023 Mach-E
Occupation
Construction Management
@Jakeblanton, now if your %charge actually went up... that would be a cool trick.
I live in the middle of NY state and was lucky enough to get mine last May and same thing, tons of curious interest. Can't count how many times I've heard "You should be selling these things".

Dark-Fx

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Polestar 2, R1T, R1S, Livewire One, Fisker Ocean
Occupation
Engineering
Clubs

Always listening... Actually probably something that was said that sounded enough like Alexa that it activated her.

Last edited:

Zoidz

First Name
Gil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
23 R1S Adv, Avalanche, BMWs-X3,330cic,K1200RS bike
Occupation
Engineer
With this quip from Alexa, I wonder if other Rivian/EV humor is built into it? If you ask Siri stupid questions like “Who’s your daddy?” or “Are you human?” You get a series of different responses.

Sponsored

Swilly

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2001 Toyota Landcruiser
Occupation
A Little Bit of Everything
Clubs

@Jakeblanton, now if your %charge actually went up... that would be a cool trick.
Would that be Rivian Cheer? Kind of like Santa’s sleigh running on Christmas Cheer?

SDH

Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T LE; Jeep Rubicon
I live in the Bay Area where there's probably more Rivian's than most locations yet I love the interest from strangers and I really enjoy showing them around the truck and answering their questions. There's so much interest.

carmigo

Site Sponsor
First Name
Carmigo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
N/A
Occupation
We help people sell their Rivian in the easiest way possible.
Just had to share this because I found it corny and awesome!!!

I was one of the first to get an R1T in my town (Aug 22). I run a pretty successful business that sees about 400 cars through it a day. I was stopped at least 6 times a day the first month and it started trending down to about 3 a week now. It was not my intent to be a Brand Ambassador but I have been. And I have enjoyed sharing about it while dispelling myths about EVs and living with them daily and on trips. I cant count how many times someone has really liked it and said so while sitting in it checking out the screen flows and options... Today got me....lol I has going through a drive thru for breakfast and a young lady said " I really like your trunk." I said as normal "Thanks". All the sudden Alexa comes to life and said, " Thank you, that really gives me a charge" or something very similar... I shocked me and I had a moment of chuckles as it never stops amazing me with a new " Feature" every now and again...
Always make sure to thank Alexa, Siri, etc. You never know when they'll become self-aware, and you definitely want to be their friend if they do.

Donald Stanfield

First Name
Donald
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T, 2024 BMW i4 M50
Occupation
Stuff and things
This is why I keep all the voice assistants off. I mean this is a cute little thing, but I would honestly be creeped out being reminded that the thing is always listening to me.

atebit

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, Porsche Boxster
Clubs

Always make sure to thank Alexa, Siri, etc. You never know when they'll become self-aware, and you definitely want to be their friend if they do.
Rivian R1T R1S Alexa Thanking People. 1674605663239

OP
OP

Jakeblanton

First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
06 CTD 2500, 00 Escalde, 2013 Yukon Denali
Occupation
General Manager
I have tried the rest of the day while driving to activate it again... no luck, but I still get tickled thinking about. I bet all you did as well reading that I was speaking to myself while driving all day...lol
Sponsored