First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Rivian R1T, 2020 Jeep Gladiator Mojave
Occupation
Engineer/Retired Military
Same problem here...been like this since delivery. Tried all the reset options with no luck. Have a mobile appt this week for them to deliver my spare tire but tech indicated I may have to visit the SC...ugh...

I'll report back if I get it fixed...
Sponsored

EVTrukHog

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150, Explorer, Corvette C6
Hi All,

My Alexa won't login in, its grayed out on the login and on the sign in.
And telling me I need to park the car to set up.
Any one had this issue ? tried all resets already no luck still think the car is not in not parked.

Screen Shot 2022-05-26 at 11.30.07 AM.png
I had same problem since delivery. Service Center diagnosed my problem as faulty multi-function module... they replaced it and claim it fixed the problem. Waiting to get truck back to confirm.

VSG

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T LE/RB/OC/20
Waiting to get truck back to confirm.
Did you get your truck back? Did that fix it?

I'm still waiting for my *December* service appointment. I really don't think it's a hardware problem because if I try to set up Spotify I see a similar message when I'm not in park, but if I *am* in park it lets me log in. While the Alexa set up never seems to know that I'm in park. That sounds like software to me, not hardware.

Ravenron

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Did you ever resolve this or is it still broken?
Not yet...home service last Friday gave up. I have an appt at the Denver SC on the 11th and they're supposed to address it then...I'll post here when done...

Sponsored

VSG

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T LE/RB/OC/20
Thanks. My service center seems to be far busier than any others - I've already waited 6 weeks and still have another 6 weeks to go before they can see me ... and I suspect if this is a software issue they can't fix it at the service center.

EVTrukHog

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150, Explorer, Corvette C6
Did you get your truck back? Did that fix it?

I'm still waiting for my *December* service appointment. I really don't think it's a hardware problem because if I try to set up Spotify I see a similar message when I'm not in park, but if I *am* in park it lets me log in. While the Alexa set up never seems to know that I'm in park. That sounds like software to me, not hardware.
They fixed mine at Service Center. Said it was corrupt control modules…replaced those modules and reloaded software. It now works as it should, but Alexa not terribly useful in its current program. Hope it gets better.

VSG

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T LE/RB/OC/20
Thanks, good to know it can be fixed.

Ravenron

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Not yet...home service last Friday gave up. I have an appt at the Denver SC on the 11th and they're supposed to address it then...I'll post here when done...
So...during my appt on the 11th, my SC tried but apparently need a specialized piece of equipment that is not readily. When it is available, they'll arrange a home service to update. I'll follow-up then...

Overall, not sure how much I'll use Alexa but I still want things to work as they should...

VSG

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T LE/RB/OC/20
Thanks for the follow-up. I'm still scheduled for a service center appointment more than 1 month from now. They can't help me over the phone, and can't let me talk to the software team, so my only option is to bug them once a week while I wait for the appointment.

I suspect that my visit to the service center, which will be 3 months after delivery (problem was noted upon delivery!), will just be the *start* of trying to fix the problem. I don't think they've tried to yet to determine the cause of this, and I don't think they know whether the car really needs to go to the service center. Why can't they just look up the error message "Park to set up Alexa" and use that to tell me what is broken? There are enough of us who've had the problem by now that they should have this issue in their database.

Some people above report that a new "module" was required, and I'm sure that *will* fix the problem, but I think that's probably overkill as this really seems like a software problem. The infotainment system already knows when it's in park, as evidenced by other apps, so it's really just the Alex app that can't tell the car is in park. That doesn't sound like a hardware problem to me.

Sponsored

Ravenron

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Thanks for the follow-up. I'm still scheduled for a service center appointment more than 1 month from now. They can't help me over the phone, and can't let me talk to the software team, so my only option is to bug them once a week while I wait for the appointment.

I suspect that my visit to the service center, which will be 3 months after delivery (problem was noted upon delivery!), will just be the *start* of trying to fix the problem. I don't think they've tried to yet to determine the cause of this, and I don't think they know whether the car really needs to go to the service center. Why can't they just look up the error message "Park to set up Alexa" and use that to tell me what is broken? There are enough of us who've had the problem by now that they should have this issue in their database.

Some people above report that a new "module" was required, and I'm sure that *will* fix the problem, but I think that's probably overkill as this really seems like a software problem. The infotainment system already knows when it's in park, as evidenced by other apps, so it's really just the Alex app that can't tell the car is in park. That doesn't sound like a hardware problem to me.
VSG…my understanding of the problem is that it is “deep” in the Alexa and Rivian software and requires a proprietary tool that is closely guarded. Apparently, there is a specific software person authorized to use the tool and they must make the changes required. I was told that there are some corrupted files that must be removed from the Alexa interface to fix the problem and only this tool can accomplish the activity…sounded a lot like something along the lines of “root” access that isn’t easily made available.

Believe me, I understand your frustration…I don’t like it much when something isn’t working like it should and you want it fixed. However, I suspect that once it’s done, Alexa will be a bit of a disappointment anyway. Regardless, I still want it fixed. ;)

Hang in there and look at your glass half full - you have a Rivian in your garage! Enjoy it and Rivian will get it done…s00n! :D

I’ll post back here when mine gets done as well! Take care!

VSG

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T LE/RB/OC/20
Mobile Service came to my house last week and this Alexa problem was on the list of things to fix.

The technician connected his laptop to the truck and quickly determined that a "file" needed by Alexa was "corrupted". I'm a software guy so I tried to get more details, but that's as much as I got.

He was able to replace the file and reboot the truck, and Alexa now works.

He also said that there are several other things that can cause this problem, but in my case this was easily fixed without replacing any of the hardware.

Ravenron

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Mobile Service came to my house last week and this Alexa problem was on the list of things to fix.

The technician connected his laptop to the truck and quickly determined that a "file" needed by Alexa was "corrupted". I'm a software guy so I tried to get more details, but that's as much as I got.

He was able to replace the file and reboot the truck, and Alexa now works.

He also said that there are several other things that can cause this problem, but in my case this was easily fixed without replacing any of the hardware.
That's awesome! Good for you. Since I don't know how much or how often I'll use Alexa, it hasn't been bugging me too much. I'll be at the SC on the 19th, hopefully, they can fix it then. Take care!

VSG

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T LE/RB/OC/20
I don't know how much or how often I'll use Alexa
I immediately noticed how much nicer the navigation system is when the directions are spoken. Alexa is used to provide the speech synthesis, so without Alexa all you get is a "chime" when it's time to turn.

But the chime isn't very loud, even on high volume, and doesn't tell you what the upcoming turn is so you have to look down and figure that out, if you even hear the chime over your music. The Alexa voice, on the other hand, seems to be set to an appropriate volume.
Sponsored