Sponsored

Alexa cant connect issue

OERivian

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T
Hi All,

My Alexa won't login in, its grayed out on the login and on the sign in.
And telling me I need to park the car to set up.
Any one had this issue ? tried all resets already no luck still think the car is not in not parked.

Rivian R1T R1S Alexa cant connect issue Screen Shot 2022-05-26 at 11.30.07 AM
Sponsored

SANZC02

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model S, LE - R1S
Occupation
Retired
Hi All,

Any one had this issue ? tried all resets already no luck still think the car is not in not parked.

Screen Shot 2022-05-26 at 11.30.07 AM.png
Try rebooting the infotainment screen, that will probably resolve it. I have funky things occasionally hang on my Tesla and that usually fixes it.

OP
OP

OERivian

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T
Try rebooting the infotainment screen, that will probably resolve it. I have funky things occasionally hang on my Tesla and that usually fixes it.
tried that didn't work

Culebra1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lexus RX400h, Ford Explorer
Hi All,

Screen Shot 2022-05-26 at 11.30.07 AM.png
Did you ever get an answer to this? I am having the same problem.

Sponsored

mgc0216

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, BMW R1200RT, BMW F800GS
Occupation
Software guy
Clubs

mine wouldn't connect so I disabled and then hit the try alexa button. based on OPs screen he's hitting a different issue than I did though.

CGM55082

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model 3
Occupation
PR
mine wouldn't connect so I disabled and then hit the try alexa button. based on OPs screen he's hitting a different issue than I did though.
How did you disable Alexa and restart? Mine works great when it's connected, but it seems like half the time it isn't and I haven't figured out how to disable and re-start Alexa.

VSG

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T LE/RB/OC/20
@OERivian Did you ever figure out how to fix this? In #5 you said you were taking it to the service center - what did they say?

@Culebra1 What about you - did you ever solve the problem?

My R1T has the same problem shown in the original post - Alexa "Sign in" and "Try Alexa" buttons are both greyed out and disabled, and the message says "Park to set up Alexa". Yes the vehicle is in park, yes I have done a soft reboot, hard reboot, and a lot of other things.

EVTrukHog

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150, Explorer, Corvette C6
@OERivian Did you ever figure out how to fix this? In #5 you said you were taking it to the service center - what did they say?

@Culebra1 What about you - did you ever solve the problem?

My R1T has the same problem shown in the original post - Alexa "Sign in" and "Try Alexa" buttons are both greyed out and disabled, and the message says "Park to set up Alexa". Yes the vehicle is in park, yes I have done a soft reboot, hard reboot, and a lot of other things.
same problem here...

Sponsored

VSG

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T LE/RB/OC/20
I've been working with customer service for more than a week now - it's been like this since I took delivery. They're telling me I will probably have to bring it into the service center ... next available appointment is mid-December!

I will be sure to post the solution here when I get one. But it may be a while ...

EVTrukHog

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150, Explorer, Corvette C6
Anyone ever get a solution to the grayed out Alexa setup/sign-in buttons?

Culebra1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lexus RX400h, Ford Explorer
I've been working with customer service for more than a week now - it's been like this since I took delivery. They're telling me I will probably have to bring it into the service center ... next available appointment is mid-December!

I will be sure to post the solution here when I get one. But it may be a while ...
My Alexa finally connected and works as well as it supposed to. I'm not sure what the problem was, but it could've been that I had bluetooth/wifi connection issues when I first tried.

VSG

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T LE/RB/OC/20
Thanks for the follow-up @Culebra1.

I'm not having connectivity problems - I had no problems setting up WiFi, LTE, Bluetooth, and the hotspot, and they're all working for me.

It's still unresolved for me, and CS keeps telling me that they will look into the problem during my DECEMBER service appointment (the soonest available!)
Sponsored