Aftermarket door sill covers ?

Ralph

First Name
Ralph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, Outback
The Tufskinz door sill covers made for the Tacoma work great. Just have to do a little trimming.
ED8A3B1E-07FE-4F81-A4AF-4C4BDFBE194F.jpg
Did you put these on the front and back? If so, did you use the same set for front and back? And lastly (!), could you share exactly what you had to trim? I had these on my Tacoma for 7 years and they were great.

But I may not be the best person to trim any material.....

Thanks!
Sponsored

WattTruckMatt

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Rivian R1T
Did you put these on the front and back? If so, did you use the same set for front and back? And lastly (!), could you share exactly what you had to trim? I had these on my Tacoma for 7 years and they were great.

But I may not be the best person to trim any material.....

Thanks!
Yes I put them front and rear. I spoke to Tufskinz after doing this (I helped them develop a lot of their Tacoma products over the years. My old truck is on their homepage!). They are going to develop Rivian specific door sill protectors.

I just bought the front and rear sets and cut accordingly to cover the "flat" part of the sill on the Rivian. I only cut length-wise, not width-wise.

Last edited:

Ralph

First Name
Ralph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, Outback
Yes I put them front and rear. I spoke to Tufskinz after doing this (I helped them develop a lot of their Tacoma products over the years. My truck is on their homepage!). They are going to develop Rivian specific door sill protectors.

I just bought the front and rear sets and cut accordingly to cover the "flat" part of the sill on the Rivian. I only cut length-wise, not width-wise.
Thanks for the quick reply *and* the work with the vendor.

Leonbmx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Rivian R1T, 2020 Tesla MY
Occupation
Boeing Design Engineer
Clubs

Yes I put them front and rear. I spoke to Tufskinz after doing this (I helped them develop a lot of their Tacoma products over the years. My old truck is on their homepage!). They are going to develop Rivian specific door sill protectors.

Any update on this as far as if they have a product ready to launch?

I sent Tufskinz a message as well. I’d love to get some of these installed!

I am not opposed to the customizing taco ones, but direct fit ones have my preference.

WattTruckMatt

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Rivian R1T
Any update on this as far as if they have a product ready to launch?

I sent Tufskinz a message as well. I’d love to get some of these installed!

I am not opposed to the customizing taco ones, but direct fit ones have my preference.
I checked in with them a few weeks ago and they were waiting to get a R1T into their shop to get proper measurements. I've given them additional ideas for other products as well so we should see some cool stuff coming from them soon.

I miss my old Tacoma everytime I go to their homepage.

Rivian R1T R1S Aftermarket door sill covers ? 1672933232787

Sponsored

Tango45

First Name
Erik
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ioniq 5, R1S
Clubs

I just wanted to pile on to say that I used this product:

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B08F7DKTD4?psc=1&ref=ppx_yo2ov_dt_b_product_details

At 4" wide, it fit without trimming on the R1S and provides plenty of coverage on the horizontal and vertical parts of the door sill. I cut it to 16" lengths to match the part of the trim with "Rivian" on it at the front doors. It looks good enough that my wife hasn't noticed it as something added after we picked it up.

Rivian R1T R1S Aftermarket door sill covers ? IMG_3417

Rivian R1T R1S Aftermarket door sill covers ? IMG_3418

I noticed on day 1 there was a footprint on the painted door sill where my children had climbed into the back. Hopefully this will protect that area and prevent slips. If the tape gets janky, there's more than enough on the roll to replace sections.

Leonbmx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Rivian R1T, 2020 Tesla MY
Occupation
Boeing Design Engineer
Clubs

Wondering if anyone tried / installed these?
I did. Super easy install and they feel like great quality. They have been making these for Tacomas for a while and that crowd seems to love them.

rkalbiar

First Name
Ruben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Rivian R1T , 2024 Rivian R1S
They do not seem to have any type of warranty though..

Sponsored

Prime

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla MY(P), Rivian R1T
I did. Super easy install and they feel like great quality. They have been making these for Tacomas for a while and that crowd seems to love them.
Awesome! Do you have pics of them installed by any chance?

WattTruckMatt

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Rivian R1T
Wondering if anyone tried / installed these?
I ordered them to replace the Tacoma version that I had cut to fit.
These are wider so they extend lower to cover the entire sill.
I ran them for many years on my Tacoma with zero issues.
Very happy with these. Would recommend 100%.

Brewbud

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, 20 Cummins, 05 Jeep LJR, 22 Range Rover Sport
I went with a 16' roll of door sill protector I found on Amazon. Probably enough to do three trucks. I just got it to protect against scuffs.

Rivian R1T R1S Aftermarket door sill covers ? door sil

Christopher

First Name
Christopher
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
Occupation
Tech
Clubs

I just wanted to pile on to say that I used this product:

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B08F7DKTD4?psc=1&ref=ppx_yo2ov_dt_b_product_details

At 4" wide, it fit without trimming on the R1S and provides plenty of coverage on the horizontal and vertical parts of the door sill. I cut it to 16" lengths to match the part of the trim with "Rivian" on it at the front doors. It looks good enough that my wife hasn't noticed it as something added after we picked it up.

IMG_3417.jpg

IMG_3418.jpg

I noticed on day 1 there was a footprint on the painted door sill where my children had climbed into the back. Hopefully this will protect that area and prevent slips. If the tape gets janky, there's more than enough on the roll to replace sections.
THANK YOU!

I just bought the same tape you mentioned, except the clear version. How's yours holding up? I'm worried now with the clear version that dirt is going to stick to the edges because the edges are sticky.

With the clear one, you can see it's not consistently adhering behind the grip tape, maybe little bubbles or I just need to do a better job squeegeeing it. Tomorrow I'm going to add some heat to it. Not very noticeable on a white car but for darker paint it would probably show through more.

Rivian R1T R1S Aftermarket door sill covers ? PXL_20230502_224602513

Rivian R1T R1S Aftermarket door sill covers ? PXL_20230502_223206170

Tango45

First Name
Erik
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ioniq 5, R1S
Clubs

THANK YOU!

I just bought the same tape you mentioned, except the clear version. How's yours holding up? I'm worried now with the clear version that dirt is going to stick to the edges because the edges are sticky.

With the clear one, you can see it's not consistently adhering behind the grip tape, maybe little bubbles or I just need to do a better job squeegeeing it. Tomorrow I'm going to add some heat to it. Not very noticeable on a white car but for darker paint it would probably show through more.

PXL_20230502_224602513.jpg

PXL_20230502_223206170.jpg
I just checked. I don’t see any curling or discoloration other than the dirt from my shoes. I think it’s been working out pretty well so far and seems to indicate it’s protected my R1S from the destructive tendencies of my family… for now.
Sponsored