Aftermarket door sill covers ?

CGM55082

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model 3
Occupation
PR
Curious if anyone has seen aftermarket door sill covers available for the R1T?

The painted door sills are begging for some sort of protection, as the paint is easily scratched getting in and out of the truck (one of the service centers was first to scratch mine). I've since had PPF installed on the sills, but it's not thick or tough enough to provide full protection. It's such a high-wear area that I have to believe a plastic or hard-surface cover of sorts will be developed if it hasn't already. Has anyone seen anything like that on the market yet?
Sponsored

godfodder0901

First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2004 Honda Civic EX, 2022 Rivian R1T LE

The painted door sills are begging for some sort of protection, as the paint is easily scratched getting in and out of the truck (one of the service centers was first to scratch mine). I've since had PPF installed on the sills, but it's not thick or tough enough to provide full protection. It's such a high-wear area that I have to believe a plastic or hard-surface cover of sorts will be developed if it hasn't already. Has anyone seen anything like that on the market yet?
@twraps has some. Search Amazon and they come up pretty quickly.

twraps

Site Sponsor
First Name
Iliya
Threads
Reaction score
Website
twraps.com
Vehicles
Rivian R1S, Model S, Model 3
Clubs

https://twraps.com/products/door-entry-clear-protection-film-ppf-for-rivian-r1t

Sponsored

twraps

Site Sponsor
First Name
Iliya
Threads
Reaction score
Website
twraps.com
Vehicles
Rivian R1S, Model S, Model 3
Clubs

Thanks but this is PPF. I tried 8mm PPF and chewed through it pretty quickly. I'm looking for something more durable, like a hard-surface cover. Any plans for something like that?
I do have 10mil which is stronger, but I see your point. Nothing on the market currently I think.

Ash

First Name
Ash
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T & 19' GX460
Occupation
Real Estate
I thought it needed something too, when I saw my kid stepping on the painted part. Getting in and out of the back seat in the R1T isn't the best. I bought this 3M rubber and it worked great.
3M self adhesive rubber

This has been through 6k miles with three camping trips
Rivian R1T R1S Aftermarket door sill covers ? IMG_2062

OP
OP

CGM55082

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model 3
Occupation
PR
I thought it needed something too, when I saw my kid stepping on the painted part. Getting in and out of the back seat in the R1T isn't the best. I bought this 3M rubber and it worked great.
3M self adhesive rubber

IMG_2062.jpg
Oooh, that looks nice. Did you have a pattern you used to cut that?

Ash

First Name
Ash
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T & 19' GX460
Occupation
Real Estate
Oooh, that looks nice. Did you have a pattern you used to cut that?
Thanks! I kinda just winged it and kept trimming it till it looked good, then started the application from the cutout.

Donald Stanfield

First Name
Donald
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T, 2024 BMW i4 M50
Occupation
Stuff and things
3M self adhesive rubber

IMG_2062.jpg
Does this interfere with the closing of the door? What about heat, does this get sticky when it's hot?I think this is the best solution I've seen yet.

Sponsored

Ash

First Name
Ash
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T & 19' GX460
Occupation
Real Estate
Does this interfere with the closing of the door? What about heat, does this get sticky when it's hot?I think this is the best solution I've seen yet.
Hey Donald, it doesn't interfere with the door and even through this crazy heat wave in California, it seemed perfectly fine. I will say the adhesive is serious stuff, so I'm not sure how removable it is or will be down the road.