First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2009 hummer H3T (manual), 2018 dodge ram
Occupation
Contractor
So I wonder how many people will go mess around with their preorder build n hope of a lighting strike.
Sponsored

Scoiatael

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lightning
So I wonder how many people will go mess around with their preorder build n hope of a lighting strike.
I decided to switch from 21 inch wheels to 20 inch on Friday, but not going to make any changes after that. I'll stick with this config until they can deliver it to me.

LTD in CBTS

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model X, Tesla Model 3, Vespa 300, R1T
Occupation
Retired
Clubs

Congrats and great to see another one in San Diego. The SDSC in Miramar is up and running and getting them out the door. Just not to my door. It is nice to go by and check out the colors in real life and then hope over to Ballast Point for a cold one. They are beautiful beasts. I am 1/4/20 Adventure RB, BM, off-road but with the dreaded Max Pack and the 1H23 window. Missed the 2018/2019 cutoff to switch to Large Pack by 4 days. CS said "no dice" on switching without losing my place in line. I understand the line has to be drawn. Hopefully by 1H23 the body alignment issues are taken care of. Jealous of the early adopters but hoping for some small benefit for waiting. Congrats and hope to see that beauty driving along the coast.

omamatt

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Rivian R1T Adventure; 2020 BMW X5
Congrats and great to see another one in San Diego. The SDSC in Miramar is up and running and getting them out the door. Just not to my door. It is nice to go by and check out the colors in real life and then hope over to Ballast Point for a cold one. They are beautiful beasts. I am 1/4/20 Adventure RB, BM, off-road but with the dreaded Max Pack and the 1H23 window. Missed the 2018/2019 cutoff to switch to Large Pack by 4 days. CS said "no dice" on switching without losing my place in line. I understand the line has to be drawn. Hopefully by 1H23 the body alignment issues are taken care of. Jealous of the early adopters but hoping for some small benefit for waiting. Congrats and hope to see that beauty driving along the coast.
What are the ‘body alignment’ issues you are referring to? The only issue I have that would be remotely related is a seal by the bottom of the passenger side of windshield that needs adjustment.

Sponsored

LTD in CBTS

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model X, Tesla Model 3, Vespa 300, R1T
Occupation
Retired
Clubs

I meant body panel alignments. There are multiple threads with some pretty bad pictures of way out of alignment body panels. Doors, hood, gear tunnel.......you name it. Search the threads. I believe Tesla suffered similar issues in the early days. I have two of them and they are far from perfect but still awesome.

EVnewb

First Name
Dustin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Sienna, Tesla MYP, R1T
What are the ‘body alignment’ issues you are referring to? The only issue I have that would be remotely related is a seal by the bottom of the passenger side of windshield that needs adjustment.
He’s referring to the body alignment issues reported by other owners. Some have had doors, fenders, bumpers, and even a tailgate not lining up correctly. Not everyone has had an issue thankfully, but the final delivery QC hasn’t exactly been consistent. Glad your truck made it with only a seal issue.

nfrank

First Name
Nathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150
Did you do anything to expedite your delivery? Call customer service everyday? Walk up to a Rivian office and ask for special treatment? Bribe someone?

BigE

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T, Honda S2000

stickyfingers

First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F-150 Lightning Lariat, 1974 914
Occupation
Engineer
As an early 2019 Preorder holder I am envious and jealous. I have an adventure trim as well. Congrats OP and smh, Rivian. lol.

Sponsored

ironpig

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 R1T LE, 2015 4Runner, 1975 FJ55 Land Cruiser
Wow. lucky you.

Rivian delivery lottery continues to be a mess.

Attesan997

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
With a Q4 delivery window and similar order timing to many of those who have been "surprised" by deliveries, I frequently oscillate between: Could actually get my vehicle by fall 2022? and Maybe I'll get my vehicle by Christmas 2023?

omamatt

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Rivian R1T Adventure; 2020 BMW X5
He’s referring to the body alignment issues reported by other owners. Some have had doors, fenders, bumpers, and even a tailgate not lining up correctly. Not everyone has had an issue thankfully, but the final delivery QC hasn’t exactly been consistent. Glad your truck made it with only a seal issue.
Do we believe it’s any worse than more established automakers? I will say domestic vehicles I have bought over the last decades have all had their issues.

Weeyam eyesore

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford maverick
Occupation
Working
Do we believe it’s any worse than more established automakers? I will say domestic vehicles I have bought over the last decades have all had their issues.
I am on the ford maverick threads. Many ppl with orders placed nearly 1 year ago without their trucks. In the fall, I walked in to a dealership and bought one. I felt guilty. So many preorders not filled yet I snagged one. So yes, I’d say definitely similar across other automakers.

Blueassassin

First Name
Allen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
LE R1T, Hummer H1, Lotus Elise
Occupation
Equipment Manager
Clubs

Wow congratulations OP. Still very confused on what Launch editions really means then? 🤷‍♂️ Anyway you don't have the offroad package can you get some pictures of the underside so we can see what your truck doesn't have that the offroad does.
Sponsored