kewlasu

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Rivian R1T LA Silver Adventure Large Pack 21"
Clubs

My guide ask me if i wanted the front plate bracket installed. The SC also called me when my truck arrived there and asked if I still wanted to have it installed. At least in ME, you are responsible to have your front license plate mounted. Regular dealers will have them already mounted in their vehicle inventories as they like to put the custom license bracket.
Sponsored

AxelR

First Name
Axel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 Tesla Model 3 Performance, 23 Rivian R1S
Clubs

You should follow the law or vote to get it changed. In my area tons of illegal car mods are defacto legal because they gave up enforcing them.
I like your interpretation of legality 😂
I might put you on retainer

Brewbud

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, 20 Cummins, 05 Jeep LJR, 22 Range Rover Sport
A CHP 0fficer once told me, on average an officer could write 27 tickets to a new car in California. He admitted it was from a study and most officers wouldn't know the more obscure infractions.

My guide asked me if I wanted my front plate installed. I said yes at first but changed my mind after seeing the truck at delivery. I live in California and have been pulled over for no plate on my Jeep. Taking my chances for now until I come up with my final solution.

Tanquen

First Name
Hope you enjoye
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model S, Nissan Frontier
A CHP 0fficer once told me, on average an officer could write 27 tickets to a new car in California. He admitted it was from a study and most officers wouldn't know the more obscure infractions.

My guide asked me if I wanted my front plate installed. I said yes at first but changed my mind after seeing the truck at delivery. I live in California and have been pulled over for no plate on my Jeep. Taking my chances for now until I come up with my final solution.
I spoke to the San Francisco hub yesterday and they said they don't put them on unless people ask for them to be installed. They said they've had a number of people do the vinyl license plate and think it looks better.

I didn't know they weren't delivering the vehicles anymore. I'm pretty disappointed, I really hate driving into San Francisco from the North Bay. I guess they also have a service center in Sacramento and that would have been way easier but nobody asked me or even told me that they would not be delivering the truck. Miles wise it should only take a little over an hour, but with traffic it's regularly 2 hours and can be as much as three one way.

My rep offered to pay for a Lyft ride there but I'm going to try to get a ride from my mom even though she's in her seventies and doesn't like driving down there either. Otherwise I don't have a way to get down there and I want to be able to walk away if there's too many issues.

ErichMF76

First Name
Erich Freundner
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 R1T Adventure, 2021 Bronco, 2020 Raptor
Occupation
System Administrator
It happens more than you think at dealerships for sports cars.

I thought I shared elsewhere on this forum but there are a lot of offerings out there for no drill plates. They even have ones that automatically flip up with the touch of a button. I use this on my mustang and it had worked great for 7 years.

https://ccmustangbrackets.com/products/2015-2021-s550-mustang-bracket

It's marketed for a mustang but it has an adhesive mount on the back of the bracket that should work with any car
Have one I used on one of my Mustangs, now just need to figure out where to mount it.

Sponsored

Tarkus

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'06 Lincoln Mark LT & '21 Chrysler Pacifica Hybrid
Occupation
Outdoor/Indoor E911 Wireless Engineer
Just ordered mine & already got text it was printed & ship label created & to be mailed tomorrow :cool:
Rivian R1T R1S Adhesive front license plate TX License Plate (TARKUS)

primedir

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, Nissan Leaf

crashmtb

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2002 aluminium garden shed TD5
I ordered some after seeing this thread but have been hesitant to put them on. I have not been able to sort out if they could result in me getting arrested or fined for forging a government document.
most places you’d just get a ticket for not displaying an approved license plate correctly.

Tarkus

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'06 Lincoln Mark LT & '21 Chrysler Pacifica Hybrid
Occupation
Outdoor/Indoor E911 Wireless Engineer
I think that's the RAM Version. You might want the Rivian Version below:

Screenshot 2023-01-13 at 4.14.07 PM.png
Thanks IronPig, but this was the only yellow background plate available in TX DVM that matches my Canyon Yellow R1S :cool:

Sponsored

Gee Bee

First Name
Guy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Vw tdi golf -chevy SSR-997 Turbo S
Occupation
Design
Even though Oregan issues two plates , no front plate for me ever .

Reviver electron the rear for me

I will register in Az when the two year tag is due.

No sales tax Oregon , 205.00 for two years

yeah no smog check

Ventura

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T Red Canyon 20" / Prius
Has anyone tried the Rivigear mount on Amazon yet. I like the Hookplate idea, but worry about it staying on. This seems to be very similar to the Builtright but with a different mount to the hook and is currently in stock.
Rivian R1T R1S Adhesive front license plate 71gxUX9gksL._AC_SL1500_

JamesPolk24

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
If you are considering the ugly sticker, why not just use some VHB tape and mount the plate to your front?

dp351

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ariel Atom, R1T
Clubs

I noticed that on this website, which claims to be the one and only legal source of these in California, they cost $120. But on several other websites, such as this one, they can be found for under $25. Does anyone know if there’s any noticeable difference between these? Or is the only difference being able to claim legality, which is a $95 premium?

Brewbud

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, 20 Cummins, 05 Jeep LJR, 22 Range Rover Sport
I noticed that on this website, which claims to be the one and only legal source of these in California, they cost $120. But on several other websites, such as this one, they can be found for under $25. Does anyone know if there’s any noticeable difference between these? Or is the only difference being able to claim legality, which is a $95 premium?
For CA you there is only one company available and even that is a pilot program. The etsy one you referenced is for applying over a license plate for show vehicles.

Directly from that etsy site:
DISCLAIMER:
THIS ITEM IS ONLY FOR SHOW OR OFF ROAD USE ONLY
Sponsored