First Name
Theo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 R1T
Occupation
Retired
Over the past couple of months I noticed that the integrated apps in my R1T don't respond (Alexa, Map route planning) or don't populate content (Spotify, TuneIn) unless the vehicle is placed in drive. If I'm sitting in park in my garage or out in the wild, Alexa just doesn't respond to voice commands. It stays dark.
Spotify puts an error on the screen that says "No media available here". Once I put the truck in drive, all of the playlists populate.
Tunein posts an error message that says "Something's wrong. Try later.". Once I put the truck in drive, all of the podcasts populate.
When I try to enter a destination on the map app it lets me enter it but then just sits there. However, once I put the truck into drive it starts calculating the route.

I don't recall this behavior happening when I first received my R1T. I've had it since July 2022 so I've gone thru 3 OTA updates.
I've gone thru two soft vehicle restarts and 1 vehicle reset but get the same behavior as above.

At first I thought it was an issue tied to the Rivian app on my phone but the behavior is the same whether it's running or not (When it's running I have location services on all the time for the app.).

Signal strength for LTE and wi-fi is great during these issues.

I find it particularly useless to have to place the vehicle in drive to do route planning or to just listen to podcasts or music.

Anyone else having this issue?

Rivian R1T R1S Additional app issues IMG_4608

Rivian R1T R1S Additional app issues IMG_4607
Sponsored

SANZC02

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model S, LE - R1S
Occupation
Retired
Over the past couple of months I noticed that the integrated apps in my R1T don't respond (Alexa, Map route planning) or don't populate content (Spotify, TuneIn) unless the vehicle is placed in drive. If I'm sitting in park in my garage or out in the wild, Alexa just doesn't respond to voice commands. It stays dark.
Spotify puts an error on the screen that says "No media available here". Once I put the truck in drive, all of the playlists populate.
Tunein posts an error message that says "Something's wrong. Try later.". Once I put the truck in drive, all of the podcasts populate.
When I try to enter a destination on the map app it lets me enter it but then just sits there. However, once I put the truck into drive it starts calculating the route.

I don't recall this behavior happening when I first received my R1T. I've had it since July 2022 so I've gone thru 3 OTA updates.
I've gone thru two soft vehicle restarts and 1 vehicle reset but get the same behavior as above.

At first I thought it was an issue tied to the Rivian app on my phone but the behavior is the same whether it's running or not (When it's running I have location services on all the time for the app.).

I find it particularly useless to have to place the vehicle in drive to do route planning or to just listen to podcasts or music.

IMG_4608.jpeg

IMG_4607.jpeg
Just a comment, if you have location services all the time set it always has code running even if you close the app. If you want to be able to fully close the app you should set it to location services only when app is running.

OP
OP
Crucible

Crucible

First Name
Theo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 R1T
Occupation
Retired
I get that. That's only an issue if I have excessive battery drain or the delay to unlocking doors is too long when using the phone as a key, not integrated app responsiveness. The issue is the dependence on being in drive mode to operate the integrated apps. I probably should have left the phone info out of the post but that's part of the whole system configuration.

OP
OP
Crucible

Crucible

First Name
Theo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 R1T
Occupation
Retired
Asking again if anyone else has this issue. I've had a chance to further diagnose it and take some video. See the attached files.

OP
OP
Crucible

Crucible

First Name
Theo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 R1T
Occupation
Retired
I have a little more info on the issue now. I went out and did some more test and it turns out that I lose the Spotify, TuneIn, and Tidal apps when I'm connected to my home network. I figured this out because I noticed that they all populate fine when I'm away from home. Alexa even responds normally. Turned off wi-fi while sitting in my garage and, voila!, problem solved (Well, mostly. Alexa still does not respond.). I don't have to be in gear for it to work. I have some video but it's too large to upload. I may convert it to lower res to share.

I may do additional testing to see why Alexa does not respond. According to the truck, you don't need to be logged in for it to work. However, it does not work when I"m at home, whether I'm logged in or not, or whether I'm connect to the network or not UNLESS I put the vehicle in gear or UNLESS I leave home. More testing to come.

I do know that the current behavior is an aberration.

Sponsored

Donald Stanfield

First Name
Donald
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T, 2024 BMW i4 M50
Occupation
Stuff and things
I have issues sometimes before I put it into drive after a waking cycle. However, once I put it into drive and back into park, like I arrived at my destination, I can use everything 100% in park. I would try putting it into gear going a couple feet and parking again and seeing.

OP
OP
Crucible

Crucible

First Name
Theo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 R1T
Occupation
Retired
Been around that cycle many times. It doesn't help.

MNLightning

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Yes I have Vehicles

Yes, similar issues with TuneIn. Haven't tested or used the Rivian system for anything else though.

I think Rivian has been a boon for iPhone use of - "Hey Siri" imho.

Nuclianba

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, Pacifica hybrid
You ever figure out resolution? Truck just started this behavior with Spotify, home screen won't populate and I get the "no media available here" message. I can't get it to populate anywhere tho. Just started this week and no changes I know of with anything. Will be trying resets and unlinking/relinking accounts later but thought I'd ask.

Cycliste

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T/20AT/2DNU, BMC TMR01/SRAM AXS/454 NSW
Occupation
Amateur aero weenie
Clubs

It sounds like an internet connectivity issue, even though you have LTE and wifi signal. Have you tried rebooting the Rivian vehicle software? I don’t think we can ping our can’t ping my vehicle after getting the address from my home wifi router. The vehicle doesn’t respond

Unfortunately, I know little about networking

Sponsored

Nuclianba

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, Pacifica hybrid
It sounds like an internet connectivity issue, even though you have LTE and wifi signal. Have you tried rebooting the Rivian vehicle software? I don’t think we can ping our can’t ping my vehicle after getting the address from my home wifi router. The vehicle doesn’t respond

Unfortunately, I know little about networking
That isn't it unfortunately, I can still search for stuff and play songs fine, car shows connectivity, can ping from app without Bluetooth. It's just the home screen won't populate.

OP
OP
Crucible

Crucible

First Name
Theo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 R1T
Occupation
Retired
You ever figure out resolution? Truck just started this behavior with Spotify, home screen won't populate and I get the "no media available here" message. I can't get it to populate anywhere tho. Just started this week and no changes I know of with anything. Will be trying resets and unlinking/relinking accounts later but thought I'd ask.
Yes. I had a corrupted data table that had to be rebuilt. I had to leave Mortimer with the service center to get it corrected. It required that they request a specific software tool that let them fix and recompile for it to behave normally. No issues since then. It took a couple of weeks for them to get the tool and then make the repair. Resets won’t help. They should be able to check the Phoenix service center to see how they handled it.

Nuclianba

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, Pacifica hybrid
FYI if anyone finds this in the future:
- log out/log in on spotify did not work
- soft reset did not work
- hard reset...worked! So there you go.
Sponsored