First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
Occupation
Engineer
Bizarrely, I’m being told this was a firmware bug and should be fixed with the newest software. I’m incredulous because I feel like 10k people would be complaining about stuff as serious as this being disabled by a firmware bug.
I assume they meant the firmware bug meant it happened for *some cars* only *some of the time*.

I've noticed a related failure too. Sometimes the lane keeping assist (the annoying nudge of the wheel and the displays on the dash that you're wandering out of your lane) don't work. There's no notification to me that any system in the car isn't working as intended, it just doesn't work. On the other hand I've found on curvy road the system seems so error prone that it is just as often trying to steer me off the road as keep me in my lane.
Sponsored

Flexnet

First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Sold 9/08/22 - 15 Ford F-150 Platinum FX4 off-road
Occupation
Project Manager
The no cruise control message got to me today on the way home. Worked fine this morning. Only drive 8.5 miles each way. Guess I’ll try a vehicle reset if it does it in the morning.

RivianXpress

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, Sprinter, TE300i, R1250GSA, KTM 500, 790
Occupation
Retired Engineer
Mine stopped working in the rain yesterday but came back after 15 min.

Also happens when it gets very hot in the direct sun.

AZBruin

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model Y, Toyota Highlander
Occupation
Retired
I've also experienced driver + being unavailable on freeways that I previously used it on and then it works the next time. As to phantom breaking, I've had a couple minor (1 or 2 mph) pauses but nothing compared to my Model Y which actually applied the brakes hard a number of times with no traffic in sight. I think it's a camera to software issue. 2 of my R1T cases were as I started to go under the same freeway overpass. In the Tesla these glitches were much more prevalent in low sun conditions in the morning and afternoon.
Sponsored