Sponsored

AC Issues

SoCalTravels

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Hyundai Nexo, Lexus RX450h
Less than a week after we got her back from the service center to fix the previous issues, this pops up.

Anyone know if this is AC related?

Vehicle starts making a humming/spinning sound under the dash, and it crescendos like a hard drive working over time. Eventually extremely loud and audible in the cabin and outside the vehicle.

Park the vehcle only to see dripping water - a lot - from multiple places beneath the underbody shield.

AC025F61-D52E-4CA1-AFCF-BED44C9A0B44.jpeg

Our R1S makes the same sound with the A/C when just starting up and after a long drive. Itā€™s not consistent all the time. But often enough. Very loud!
Sponsored

240vPlug

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Website
ElectrifiedOutdoors.com
Vehicles
23 R1T (Limestone), 23 R1S (El Cap)
Clubs

Mine has only made a lot of noise when preconditioning and only vibrated while in motion. Rivian probably needs to install isolators somewhere to fix it.

BigE

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T, Honda S2000
Less than a week after we got her back from the service center to fix the previous issues, this pops up.

Anyone know if this is AC related?

Vehicle starts making a humming/spinning sound under the dash, and it crescendos like a hard drive working over time. Eventually extremely loud and audible in the cabin and outside the vehicle.

Park the vehcle only to see dripping water - a lot - from multiple places beneath the underbody shield.

AC025F61-D52E-4CA1-AFCF-BED44C9A0B44.jpeg

Ours sounded loud and similar to yours but only when pre-conditioning on the way to DC Fast charge. Rivian replaced our A/C compressor and condenser and itā€™s much quieter now.

LGR1S

First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S
Good to know something can be doneā€¦ now whether or not they will do itā€¦

Picard

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S, X5 45E
Just chiming in to say I have the same issue. I think it's the bms cooling fans and AC interplay that is causing this. When this happens, the vibration is terrible on the accelerator and brake for me. Usually, turning off AC temporarily turns off the racket. I have a ticket in for this (one of many little issues) and awaiting the service center to call and schedule my apmt

Sponsored

longhornguy2015

First Name
Darshan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Acura 2014 rdx
Occupation
IT Analyst
My buddy that has an r1s built a week before or after mine doesnā€™t have this loud AC issue. If they say itā€™s normal Iā€™m going to ask them to show me it doing it on a loaner r1s.

ekirkpatrick

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T Compass Yellow
Occupation
Retired RN
Clubs

My R1T had same sound. Was in desert and 100f and at supercharger with AC on. After charging the noise (buzzing) started. After several miles I cut off AC and it stopped. Think I should ticket this?

LGR1S

First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S
My R1T had same sound. Was in desert and 100f and at supercharger with AC on. After charging the noise (buzzing) started. After several miles I cut off AC and it stopped. Think I should ticket this?
Please do. The more of us that ticket this, the more likely they are to issue a fix.
Sponsored