AC Charger, Frunk, Tonneau

jakef801

First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'16 Tundra/'18 Audi S6/'19 Rubicon/'22 R1T
Can someone please tell me where the AC charger is? I've scoured the vehicle and I'm thinking they didn't pack it. Frunk isn't working unless I press the FOB like 30 times. The tonneau is going to break...sounds awful.
Sponsored

kurtlikevonnegut

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T QM, Honda Odyssey
Clubs

Can someone please tell me where the AC charger is? I've scoured the vehicle and I'm thinking they didn't pack it. Frunk isn't working unless I press the FOB like 30 times. The tonneau is going to break...sounds awful.
Fold up the floor of the Frunk and there should be a canvas bag with the AC charger in it. I've noticed with the key fob opening the Frunk that it doesn't always register if you double tap it too fast. Also it's more responsive if the vehicle is "awake."

OP
OP
jakef801

jakef801

First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Fold up the floor of the Frunk and there should be a canvas bag with the AC charger in it. I've noticed with the key fob opening the Frunk that it doesn't always register if you double tap it too fast. Also it's more responsive if the vehicle is "awake."
I've got a bad frunk. F-bomb.

bd5400

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, SL500
Clubs

I've got a bad frunk. F-bomb.
Even if you use the button on the front of the car or the internal screen?

Just clarifying whether it is a fob issue or a frunk latch issue….

Sponsored

OP
OP
jakef801

jakef801

First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Even if you use the button on the front of the car or the internal screen?

Just clarifying whether it is a fob issue or a frunk latch issue….
FOB issue for sure. Touch screen works to open it. Yes, I'm a newbie. Thank you.

OP
OP
jakef801

jakef801

First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Did you find the mobile charger?
Yes, I did. Thank you. FYI, it says 6 days to charge. What I don't understand is how these peeps are getting full charge in 15 minutes. If you saw my other post, Chargepoint was telling me 1 day, 2 hours.

emoore

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 R1T
Yes, I did. Thank you. FYI, it says 6 days to charge. What I don't understand is how these peeps are getting full charge in 15 minutes. If you saw my other post, Chargepoint was telling me 1 day, 2 hours.
I don’t think anyone is getting a full charge in 15 minutes. Do you know the difference between L2 and L3 charging?

bd5400

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, SL500
Clubs

No one is getting a full charge in 15 minutes, however the "faster" charge times are with Level 3 DC fast chargers like Electrify America. Fast chargers like EA are able to charge the battery much faster than Level 2 chargers, but they increase wear on the battery.

Level 2 chargers are things like the Rivian wall connector, Tesla wall connector, most Chargepoint chargers, including those in building parking lots and what not. The Rivian wall connector will top out at 48 amps, provided it is hard wired to a 240v 60 amp circuit, which will give you something like 24 miles of ranger per hour. It will charge slower than that if you have it wired to a circuit that is less than 60 amps.

Level 1 charging is SLOW. That's regular 120v charging with a normal household outlet and isn't usable except in emergencies. If you're being told 6 days to charge, you likely have the car plugged into a regular 120v household outlet.

Sponsored

pc500

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
dodge ram
You need to call an electrician and get a 14-50 outlet installed in your garage if you're going to use the mobile charger. Once this is done you should be able to fully charge up overnight in most cases.

Fast charging is on the road at public charging stations. You typically want use it unless you're on road trips and that takes about 30 to 60 minutes.

CommodoreAmiga

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
INACTIVE
I love how several people are using “I know” and “L3” in the same post. L3 isn’t actually a thing. L1 and L2 are, and DCFC is also a thing; L3 is not.

ajdelange

First Name
A. J.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla XLR+2019, Lexus, Landcruiser, R1T
Occupation
EE Retired
I love how several people are using “I know” and “L3” in the same post. L3 isn’t actually a thing. L1 and L2 are, and DCFC is also a thing; L3 is not.
But not, evidently, so amused by people referring to the EVSE as the "charger".

OP
OP
jakef801

jakef801

First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
I know the charger is in the vehicle. Please stop being "that tough guy" behind the monitor. I'm an admitted newbie and just trying to learn. I'm really busy with work and don't have time to sit on forums all day. Please keep it civil.

OP
OP
jakef801

jakef801

First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Guess L3 isn't a thing: https://www.forbes.com/wheels/advice/ev-charging-levels/#:~:text=Level 3 charging is the,uses direct current (DC).

https://www.google.com/amp/s/chargehub.com/amp/en/countries/united-states/utah/salt-lake-city.html

Apparently Forbes doesn't know what they're talking about. I know they're Tesla superchargers, but L3 is "a thing". Keep it civil folks.
Sponsored

Last edited: