First Name
Jose Pepe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian, rav4. Bmw R65,bmwR90, bmwR100R,bmwR1250GS
Occupation
Retired
OK this is my new car two weeks old second Rivian in the house. My issue seems to be the connectivity which my partner does not get on their vehicle the red next to the monitor on the top right corner of the screenshot when this is up I have no connectivity with the vehicle And I cannot control the charging . we are sort of a loss and we donā€™t know why with her vehicle it picks up the Wi-Fi for the house. No problem at the at all but with mine it goes off-line quite a bit. It could be a simple problem and Iā€™m sure it could be operator error because Iā€™m not the sharpest tool in the toolbox and Iā€™m wondering if itā€™s when the vehicle is asleep cause I try this when Iā€™m inside the house and Iā€™m seeing it when Iā€™m in the car as well. I have to do this around the block dance a few times to connect the Wi-Fi over and over again and it keeps switching to other Wi-Fi. in fact, what I see it connect to more than anything else is the Sena communication system for my BMW motorcycle helmet which is off line I never thought was a Wi-Fi
Rivian R1T R1S A new owner question about the connectivity icon IMG_6823
Sponsored

COdogman

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 R1T
Occupation
Dog Wrangler
Haven't heard of this issue before. If she takes her Rivian on a drive and leaves yours at the house, what happens? Does yours connect and stay connected or does it behave the same way?

Oldsmobile_Mike

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
FG/FE R1T recv'd 3/31/2023
Occupation
I build stuff
Clubs

Imo with doing zero research, I believe that icon has nothing to do with WiFi. It's just indicating your vehicle is not communicating with "the cloud" (i.e., Rivian's servers). Could be no cellular 4G service. I've seen it when parked at the bottom of a very large parking garage where there was no cell signal to the vehicle. Could also be in a deep sleep. Should wake up on it's own if you tap a few things on the screen.

Could also be a warning of a pending failure of the comms module. But has nothing to do with WiFi, specifically.

Just my uneducated guesses. šŸ˜‰
Sponsored