8 Step Process stopped me at Step 2

vin130

First Name
Vincent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Honda Ridgeline
I was invited to the Rivian shop , changed my config and immediately started the 8 step process. It stopped me at step 2. I got an error message that they were unable to load taxes and fees. Contact your guide. Frustrating. I have a NY driver lic but want to register in Florida. Could that be the issue?
Sponsored

Jehorton

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Model Y Performance
Occupation
Firefighter/Paramedic
I was invited to the Rivian shop , changed my config and immediately started the 8 step process. It stopped me at step 2. I got an error message that they were unable to load taxes and fees. Contact your guide. Frustrating. I have a NY driver lic but want to register in Florida. Could that be the issue?
Trying to register your vehicle in another state not shown as you home address on your license.

Rivianation

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
Occupation
Manager
I know why you want to try that (who wouldn't!) But Rivan would be breaking NY/City state tax laws. How much tax would be saving if your DL was registered in FL vs NY?

FL tax is 6.5 or 7%, but our insurance is inflated because of the 25% un-insured/underinsured drivers on the roads here.

Rivdog

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 R1T
FWIW, it shouldn’t hold up the buying process. For example, other steps like insurance and payment don’t get finalized until like 1-2 days before your scheduled delivery, which will be at least a couple weeks from now. Congrats on getting one!

COdogman

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 R1T
Occupation
Dog Wrangler
I would certainly play it cool when you talk to your guide. Just ask them to tell you what the issue is - not assume it’s the address thing, even if that ends up being it.
Sponsored

Reactions: Rad