First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 R1T
Occupation
Dog Wrangler
Iā€™d get on a long waiting list for it.

AxelR

First Name
Axel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 Tesla Model 3 Performance, 23 Rivian R1S
Clubs

There have been speculations about this for a few months now.
Some of it is contradictory. Will handle like a Cayenne Turbo and rock crawl like a Rubiconā€¦
I believe that the name trademarks are for a R2.
Either way, I like the idea. I think Iā€™d prefer this to the R1S but at the same time not sure I need 1200+ hp on a track ready off-roader.
Guessing a starting price of $115-125k if it comes to life on the R1 platform.

Sponsored

sacramentoelectric

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model X, BMW i3
Clubs

Making up stuff is fun!

Sponsored

nc10

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T LE, EV6 GT Line
Occupation
Engineer
https://www.motortrend.com/news/2024-rivian-r1x-motors-ev-power-price-on-sale/

"

We're told total system output will be 1,200 hp and 1,200 lb-ft of torque. The quad-motor R1X will be backed by its own in-house battery pack.
ESTIMATED PRICE: $115,000

EXPECTED ON-SALE DATE: Q4 2023
Smaller vehicle, yet more HP. Start saving now and developing reasons to need this.

How can this have any chance to be on sale late next year? I guess "on sale" still means a sale to someone in Rivian HQ? I guess this would have to be made on the R1 line in Normal, as the Georgia factory (hopefully) starts in 2024?

ja_kub_sz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 LR Discovery, 2019 LR Range Rover Velar
I thought the plan was to make less expensive vehicles.
Is anything less expensive nowadays? šŸ˜‚

I just hope they share this battery and Drive Unit technology with the max pack versions of the R1's.

RJ did say that Max Pack pre-order holders wouldn't be sacrificing speed for range with their purchase. This would really help hustle around the increased weight of the larger battery (1200hp vs 900hp).

AxelR

First Name
Axel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 Tesla Model 3 Performance, 23 Rivian R1S
Clubs

Is anything less expensive nowadays? šŸ˜‚

I just hope they share this battery and Drive Unit technology with the max pack versions of the R1's.

RJ did say that Max Pack pre-order holders wouldn't be sacrificing speed for range with their purchase. This would really help hustle around the increased weight of the larger battery (1200hp vs 900hp).
I thought the Max pack was supposed to be about 1 second slower 0-60.

The one thing that slightly bothers me is that yes it looks even more adventure friendly (although Iā€™m pretty sure this will mainly be a mall crawler) but it seems like weā€™re moving further and further away from the concept of being environmentally friendly.
So far, it seems like weā€™re seeing electric guzzling vehicles. The one good point is that we donā€™t have to worry about it because the vast majority of people donā€™t know how electricity is producedā€¦
Sponsored

Last edited: