jkennebeck

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Rivian R1T Adventure
Clubs

It's not out for anybody yet. This is mentioning what is coming with next update (by end of month?).
This info always gets released a week or two before the actually over the air update gets released.
Traded in my 2015 Model S for an R1T and THIS right here is why I think Rivian is such a better company. Tesla updates didn't show you release notes until the update was already installed. Why hold back that kind of communication? Isn't it better to get people excited about improvements?

SSteveEV

First Name
Spencer
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, etc
Clubs

Wow, I hope all the action happens behind me, that front view is quite the fisheye!

Sponsored

cohall

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Rivian R1T
Strange that they're not using the windshield camera. That would seem like the better, less distorted option. But what do I know, I'm sure there's a good reason that they aren't.

CommodoreAmiga

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
INACTIVE
Strange that they're not using the windshield camera. That would seem like the better, less distorted option. But what do I know, I'm sure there's a good reason that they aren't.
Pure speculation:

1. Driver+ uses the windshield camera and they don't want to interfere with that stack.
2. The windshield camera may not be great resolution/frame-rate or have a weird filter on it.

pc500

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
dodge ram
In general looking at these videos now I suspect the cameras are optimized for use cases other than dash cam. We got them and it works for the basic functionality but they are not able to give read license plate flat video. I'm happy to have them but they'll probably use different cameras at some point in the future would be my guess if this use case becomes common.

On the other hand the night performance is quite acceptable.

Eticket99

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, XC60 T8
Hopefully this update helps improve the mobile key, mine was fine before, since the last update it takes forever to open the damn car.

WSea

First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, Outback
Occupation
Architect
Hopefully this update helps improve the mobile key, mine was fine before, since the last update it takes forever to open the damn car.
Just go in the garage and pretend you aren't going to the vehicle...it will open!

Sponsored

SurlyBurris

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 Tesla Model 3, 2001 Land Rover Disco II, R1T
Ditto...mine changed recently as well. I feel like an idiot staring at the door handle of my high-tech vehicle waiting for it acknowledge my existence. It's almost like she's upset that I haven't given her a bath lately. Or maybe I should stop personalizing my relationships with computerized vehicles and my feelings wouldn't get hurt so easy.

Eticket99

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, XC60 T8
Ditto...mine changed recently as well. I feel like an idiot staring at the door handle of my high-tech vehicle waiting for it acknowledge my existence. It's almost like she's upset that I haven't given her a bath lately. Or maybe I should stop personalizing my relationships with computerized vehicles and my feelings wouldn't get hurt so easy.
I get that same sentiment... worst is when my wife is across the other side of the car and looking at me like i'm intentionally not unlocking the door. She's even suggested that I do it sooner before we approach the car, cuz baby doesn't wait.. jk. She does poke at me about this "fancy new truck" that can't seem to unlock in under 30 seconds.

SurlyBurris

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 Tesla Model 3, 2001 Land Rover Disco II, R1T
I get that same sentiment... worst is when my wife is across the other side of the car and looking at me like i'm intentionally not unlocking the door. She's even suggested that I do it sooner before we approach the car, cuz baby doesn't wait.. jk. She does poke at me about this "fancy new truck" that can't seem to unlock in under 30 seconds.
Yes...my wife is jealous too. My usual comment is something like "Maybe if you spoke nicer about her in her presence, she'd treat you with more respect." I know I'm poking the bear, but anything to keep my wife out of the drivers seat of my baby is worth it.

Riv_Ian

First Name
Ian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T, Audi TTS, Triumph TR6, Tiger Explorer
Occupation
CEO
My wife and I are both set up with PAAK. Often it recognizes her phone before mine. She thinks it’s very funny that I have to switch drivers to me to not be squashed into the steering wheel. I don’t know why the truck is trolling me - some side deal she’s made with Kathy, I suspect.

rockdogz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 R1T
My wife and I are both set up with PAAK. Often it recognizes her phone before mine. She thinks it’s very funny that I have to switch drivers to me to not be squashed into the steering wheel. I don’t know why the truck is trolling me - some side deal she’s made with Kathy, I suspect.
THIS....happens to me all the time. SMH
Sponsored