First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 ID.4, 2022 Polestar 2, 2023.5 Defender 110
Occupation
IT Nerd
i know you don't see the outside much but count me as the 'don't care how cool it is, it's ugly' crowd. The OoS short drive was impressive and they said a lot of nice things about it, but its too ugly for me, has boring color options.

I much prefer the Audi e-tron S sportback styling of the german manufacturers.
Sponsored

rraj2k81

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Tesla Model S LR
All four dealers in Alberta have waiting lists, one even said it could be up to two years wait if you didn't reserve early. All are saying no negotiation and one has even slapped a $4000 freight and PDI fee with no guaranteed allocation/build slots. I think its going to sell well.
Spoke to my BMW SA and changed my i4 reservation to the iX. Said the iX will start delivering sooner than the i4, but the deliveries are expected late 2022 into 2023. I told them if I had the choice, I would wait till 2023. The SA will call me to finalize the build when my number is called up, which might be late summer/fall.
My dealer is charging 2300 for Freight and PDI.

Sielbear

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Y
Iā€™ve got an R1S on order (put in early 2021), but the reviews of the iX are really making me reconsider. The silence of the ride, softness, and interior quality are my top ā€œdailyā€ wants. I like the Rivian, but Iā€™d love to hear side by side impressions between R1S and the iX on these areas.

Having the Tesla Y for 9 months, I can tell you itā€™s a lot of fun, but I also am missing the quality of the Merc I traded. And Iā€™ve had nothing wrong at all with the Y- itā€™s just not in the same ballpark of luxury as the iX / traditional automotive makers.

timf

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1S
Clubs

The iX has been growing on me as of late, but the biggest deterrent is it costs about $20k more than R1S with the options I'd want.

rraj2k81

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Tesla Model S LR
With the recent bout of videos Bjorn posted about the iX I am more convinced about the M50, and starting to like it even more.

When my slot is called for the iX and Rivian is still not ready I will be happy to go with the iX.

Sponsored

manitou202

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S, Ioniq 5, Lucid Air Touring
The iX has really grown on me.

We bought a Model X in early 2018 and loved it. Then in 2019 we decided to go all electric and pick up a 2019 Audi E-tron as our other daily driver. Yes it didn't have the range or user interface like the Tesla, but it was so much higher quality and such a nice ride that my wife and I ended up driving it over the Model X. We eventually sold the Model X and have moved on to other EVs.

The R1S is intended to replace our E-tron. The biggest reason is three rows which my wife really wants. I'm concern it won't be nearly as refined as the German SUVs. That's where the iX is getting really interesting. If it had a third row option I would cancel my R1S reservation today. It's going to be a tough decision.

Rousie13

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Rivian R1T, 2023 Tesla Model Y
Occupation
Engineer
My local BMW dealer is supposed to be getting a demo iX and i4 in this month. Based on that, I may put a deposit on one of those. I havenā€™t even seen a Rivian yet in person, so if I can see/get a bmw first, then I may change direction and go that route. I think the Rivian R1T would suit me better, but not actually seeing one in person has left a lot of doubts in my head.

The BMW dealer is part of the same complex as our Volvo dealer, who have been amazing with our XC40 Rechargesā€¦..so hoping they would be the same.

kvenom

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model Y
So my parents placed a deposit for one of these early Jan expecting a long wait (they were saying maybe a year). Three weeks ago, SA emails saying someone has canceled and the order has been submitted. Last week he emailed and said we have your VIN and the car will be here in a couple of months. LOL oh how I wish this was the case with Rivian... Very much looking forward to trying out the IX though

Sielbear

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Y
One thing Iā€™ve not seen much about online are tow hitches for the iX in the US. Has anyone confirmed they are either standard equipment or how to add? No tow hitch would be a deal breaker for me.

rraj2k81

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Tesla Model S LR
So my parents placed a deposit for one of these early Jan expecting a long wait (they were saying maybe a year). Three weeks ago, SA emails saying someone has canceled and the order has been submitted. Last week he emailed and said we have your VIN and the car will be here in a couple of months. LOL oh how I wish this was the case with Rivian... Very much looking forward to trying out the IX though
@kvenom Can I ask which part of the country you are in and which dealer?
I put in a reservation in January as well and was told to expect to be called up early Q4 2022 into 2023. But it looks like BMW might be ramping up the iX production.

Sponsored

kvenom

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model Y
@kvenom Can I ask which part of the country you are in and which dealer?
I put in a reservation in January as well and was told to expect to be called up early Q4 2022 into 2023. But it looks like BMW might be ramping up the iX production.
Edmonton BMW. They just got lucky, I emailed the 4 dealers here and they were the most responsive and enthusiastic about it. Will still be paying over sticker with the bogus fees ($4000 Freight/PDI WTF?), but the 50i is a pretty good deal in Canada compared to other countries. Like for like configured in the U.S its still $2000 more expensive and that's with the $7500 tax credit included

Last edited:

rraj2k81

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Tesla Model S LR
Edmonton BMW. They just got lucky, I emailed the 4 dealers here and they were the most responsive and enthusiastic about it. Will still be paying over sticker with the bogus fees ($4000 Freight/PDI WTF?), but the 50i is a pretty good deal in Canada compared to other countries. Like for like configured in the U.S its still $2000 more expensive and that's with the $7500 tax credit included
Ah ok. Thanks.

I am lucky, my dealer is only charging 2900 for Freight and PDI.

The price is surprising to me too, even the European price is more expensive than here. The M50 starts at 110K pounds in UK. I guess BMW figured the Europeans would buy the i50 but need an incentive to move it here.

crashmtb

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2002 aluminium garden shed TD5
Ah ok. Thanks.

I am lucky, my dealer is only charging 2900 for Freight and PDI.

The price is surprising to me too, even the European price is more expensive than here. The M50 starts at 110K pounds in UK. I guess BMW figured the Europeans would buy the i50 but need an incentive to move it here.
Donā€™t forget UK prices are ā€œon the roadā€ and include 20%VAT, a year of registration/road tax, etc.

Last edited:

rraj2k81

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Tesla Model S LR
Donā€™t forget UK prices are ā€œon the roadā€ and include 20%VAT, a yea of registration/road tax, etc.
Oh right. They have all inclusive pricing.

Friscorays

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
G35, V8 Vantage, 4C, F type
Bummer about March 1, 2022.
Sponsored

Last edited: