Sponsored

2022 BMW iX

rraj2k81

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Tesla Model S LR
Bjorn got to drive the IX50, and the coolest feature is the Live View functionality, where you can check the exterior surrounding and interior remotely via the phone app.

How come no one else has thought of this functionality, including Tesla.

Sponsored

Friscorays

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
G35, V8 Vantage, 4C, F type
Bummer about March 1, 2022.

Last edited:

kvenom

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model Y
Hate the looks, which will deter a lot of people, but other than that it seems like a real winner. Supremely comfortable, great interior, and good enough range.

kvenom

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model Y
EPA numbers out. Actually pretty impressive considering the size.

20" rims get 324miles
21" rims get 305miles
22" rims get 315miles (Strange they get better efficiency than the 21s)

Sponsored

Tatnai

First Name
Tatnai
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Honda Pilot EX-L AWD
Occupation
Physician
Strong contender for ugliest car of the year, if not the decade. Arguably the only thing on the road uglier that its rear is its front. Life is short, drive something attractive.
Uh, Cybertruck is 1, 2, and 3 on that list, but technically not on the road yet...

Sgt Beavis

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Rivian R1T, 2021 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon
Occupation
Overpaid Computer Nerd
Clubs

Rivian R1T R1S 2022 BMW iX BC04ED64-6CEE-4559-9A2D-C9C788476698

rraj2k81

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Tesla Model S LR
I am starting to like the iX M50 the more I read about it. I am even thinking about converting my i4 M50 reservation to this.

kvenom

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model Y
I am starting to like the iX M50 the more I read about it. I am even thinking about converting my i4 M50 reservation to this.
All four dealers in Alberta have waiting lists, one even said it could be up to two years wait if you didn't reserve early. All are saying no negotiation and one has even slapped a $4000 freight and PDI fee with no guaranteed allocation/build slots. I think its going to sell well.

Sponsored

rraj2k81

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Tesla Model S LR
All four dealers in Alberta have waiting lists, one even said it could be up to two years wait if you didn't reserve early. All are saying no negotiation and one has even slapped a $4000 freight and PDI fee with no guaranteed allocation/build slots. I think its going to sell well.
Yeah, I have a feeling the iX is going to be a winner for BMW !

The Oakville BMW dealer mentioned I can do the reservation swap but will bump me down the waiting list but did not mention anything about additional dealer markups.
If they do decide to slap me with extra fees, then my decision becomes easier, and I walk.

If I am waiting till second half off 2023 for the R1S, then I have no problems waiting for the iX. On paper, technologically and feature wise the iX is a superior product to the R1S. So, depending on how far the R1S comes along, the iX might be a good first choice with the R1S being an alternative.

My SA did say that the production allocation for NA will be slow to start, she mentioned something like 2 i4/week for Canada, but once they have an idea of interest they will ramp up.

I might have to give the SA who I have the i4 reservation with a call tomorrow.

manitou202

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T LE, Mercedes EQS SUV
Love the interior. The exterior looks are growing on me. I definitely need to see one in person.

i will say the new 3/4 series I thought looked terrible at first but once I saw one in person I was pleasantly surprised.

Outside of the polarizing looks, this is arguably the best luxury EV SUV on the market by a lot. Our E-tron is nice but doesn't have nearly the range and is a bit light on the luxury. The Model X isn't even close.

hroussel

First Name
Harold
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla model 3 perf, (R1T DMP reserved)

Out of spec is seriously impressed.
Currently this vehicle is at the top on my list (ahead of the R1S LE reservation I have).

Waiting to see the charging curve of the R1S (R1T) to see whether this will change. I know the iX 50 does go below 100kw around 73% SOC, which might seem relatively weak, but efficiency is much better than the R1S.

Peter del Rio

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW i3 rex, Jaguar XKR, Land Rover LR3
The BMW iX interior looks beautiful.

My only regret with the R1S is that doesn't have real leather. My BMW i3 has olive leaf tanned leather. The ideal, is the baseball mitt, peanut color found in all performance cars.

LeoH

First Name
Leo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
RIVIAN R1S, Tesla S, MAzda CX-30, Toyota Sienna
Occupation
Software Engineering Director
The side view of the rear end, and the steering wheel are making my eyes bleed. But generally, it offers some good experience for a decent price ( For a BMW ).

All in all, if it's not a 7-seater, I can't consider it or any other 5 seater suv.
Sponsored