Sponsored

2 days with my new rivian and it bricks!

Kilter

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford excursion
Occupation
Mgr
I took delivery of my Rivian from the San Diego service center Friday at 10 drove it to Harbor Island, took it out a couple of short drives. Drove it to Murrieta, all went very well, took it out for a short drive and left it for 30 min when I came back the doors unlocked but when I got in both screens were black. I called Rivian support and attempted two different resets with no success the next morning I called Rivian and they set a service call at my trucks location for 2pm the technician showed up and spent 3 hours diagnosing and replacing two batteries I was told the main batteries did not charge the 12v and the newest update will fix it. I thought the communication and service were 8 out of 10.
Sponsored

Mark_AZR1T

Site Sponsor
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Website
jackpucks.com
Vehicles
R1T Launch, R1S Canyon Red
Clubs

I took delivery of my Rivian from the San Diego service center Friday at 10 drove it to Harbor Island, took it out a couple of short drives. Drove it to Murrieta, all went very well, took it out for a short drive and left it for 30 min when I came back the doors unlocked but when I got in both screens were black. I called Rivian support and attempted two different resets with no success the next morning I called Rivian and they set a service call at my trucks location for 2pm the technician showed up and spent 3 hours diagnosing and replacing two batteries I was told the main batteries did not charge the 12v and the newest update will fix it. I thought the communication and service were 8 out of 10.
Sorry............(sigh)........

RivianXpress

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, Sprinter, TE300i, R1250GSA, KTM 500, 790
Occupation
Retired Engineer
The poor driver unloading these trucks at the SF SC on Sunday night had the same problem. 12V batteries were dead and he had no way of getting the trucks off and couldn't reach anyone at Rivian on the holiday weekend. Hopefully the latest software update is rolling out to all trucks including mine which will be delivered tomorrow.
Rivian R1T R1S 2 days with my new rivian and it bricks! IMG_9136.JPG

shrink

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'23 R1S (x2); '22 R1T; '14 Jeep Cherokee
Clubs

Scoiatael

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lightning
The poor driver unloading these trucks at the SF SC on Sunday night had the same problem. 12V batteries were dead and he had no way of getting the trucks off and couldn't reach anyone at Rivian on the holiday weekend. Hopefully the latest software update is rolling out to all trucks including mine which will be delivered tomorrow.
IMG_9136.JPG
Wow, I'd be pissed. Hope he billed them extra for making him wait.

Reactions: Guy

Sponsored

MoreTrout

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Fusion Hybrid, Rivian R1T
Occupation
Retired USN
I'm sure I missed one or two other threads, but this is the first successful mobile service executed that I recall seeing. Every other issue seemed to result in the trucks being taken to a SC. Whenever I get my truck, it looks like the nearest SC is going to be around 3 hours away, so I'm hoping the mobile service evolves by then.

aw113sgte

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 R1t
I'm sure I missed one or two other threads, but this is the first successful mobile service executed that I recall seeing. Every other issue seemed to result in the trucks being taken to a SC. Whenever I get my truck, it looks like the nearest SC is going to be around 3 hours away, so I'm hoping the mobile service evolves by then.
Mobile service also fixed my 12v bricked truck about a week ago.

LoneStar

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'23 R1S Launch Ed.
Occupation
engineer
Clubs

My truck is still on software 2022.15.0
How long does it take Rivian to roll-out the update?
Do you need to do anything for it to happen?

godfodder0901

First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2004 Honda Civic EX, 2022 Rivian R1T LE
Up to Rivian. And no, you don't need to/can't do anything to force it.

LoneStar

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'23 R1S Launch Ed.
Occupation
engineer
Clubs

Up to Rivian. And no, you don't need to/can't do anything to force it.
Apologies for the dummy questions... will it auto-update without a wireless (high speed) internet connection? My vehicle is parked in a multi-story garage way too far away to connect with my home router. Can it perform a software update using only its own onboard LTE cellular data link?

Sponsored

BoltEVowner

First Name
Charles
Threads
Reaction score
West Georgia, dangerously close to Alabama
Vehicles
Chevy Bolt EUV, Chevy Volt, RAV4, Winnebago, R1T
Occupation
retired physician
Hurry up and wait. Nothing else I have heard.

Akay07

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mache
Atleast yours was fixed in a timely manner. Enjoy it some others here are not so lucky.

atR1S

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 R1T, 2023 R1S
Clubs

I would also like to know the answer to @LoneStar's question. Hopefully the truck does not need to be connected to WIFI to get updated. Anyone?

DaveA

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T
I would also like to know the answer to @LoneStar's question. Hopefully the truck does not need to be connected to WIFI to get updated. Anyone?
it will download over LTE, 100%. All downloads on mine (original and current loaner) have done it this way.

atR1S

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 R1T, 2023 R1S
Clubs

Thanks @DaveA !
Sponsored