First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model 3 / Genesis
Occupation
Product Marketing
I have a feeling Pre-order holders everywhere will have something to be truly thankful for (You know besides the typical stuff like good health, family, love, Football, etc.) come end of November. ?❤✌

Are Max Pack Non-LE R1T's included in this target date?

Asking for a friend. ?
I will ask for clarity on that.
Sponsored

kommonplace

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.kevinjwangler.com
Vehicles
2014 Ford Flex, non-LE R1S preorder
Occupation
IT Director
As a non-LE, June 2021 R1S preorder holder... this gives me the tiniest bit of hope that I could see delivery sooner than expected. I was thinking end of 2022 would be pushing it, but maybe not—maybe even Summer 2022. We will see how things progress. Exciting times. I can't even imagine how it must feel for those who've had preorders in for 2-3 years!

loucetios

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toyota FJ, Toyota Spyder, Honda CRV
Occupation
Investor
Assuming he is talking about when you log into your account and go to your vehicle configuration.
1629987017409.png
I thought that might be the answer, but my configuration page does not display a deliveries begin date. Of to chat with a Rivian Rep.

paariv

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Died of old age during the wait
From working at a start up previously that was doing a billion+ in revenue I can sympathize with the frantic pace at which Rivian has been working....hiring/training/building/testing/etc. I am confident that they are laser focused on delivering us all the best electric vehicle in the market for the price. If that means we all have to wait on info a bit longer than we would like than so be it to me. It's the curse of being an early adopter.
I am at a similar company now - and we make physical products, though not as complex as a car. It is *exceptionally* difficult to scale and adhere to timelines while also developing a supply chain for your company where none exists yet.

Babbuino

First Name
Manuel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Audi A3
Occupation
DESIGN engineer
I thought that might be the answer, but my configuration page does not display a deliveries begin date. Of to chat with a Rivian Rep.
I just checked mine and no date either. BTW, anyone know if they'll offer an awning in the configurator too? I remember seeing one in the blue origin launch.

Sponsored

Attesan997

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
As a non-LE, June 2021 R1S preorder holder... this gives me the tiniest bit of hope that I could see delivery sooner than expected. I was thinking end of 2022 would be pushing it, but maybe not—maybe even Summer 2022. We will see how things progress. Exciting times. I can't even imagine how it must feel for those who've had preorders in for 2-3 years!
I’d assumed 2023 for those who ordered in 2021 but looking at the overall goal to under promise and over deliver (300 miles of range on the least efficient tire option) it seems 2022 isn’t that far fetched.

Last edited:
OP
OP

KWeimer711

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model 3 / Genesis
Occupation
Product Marketing
I’d assumed 2023 for those who ordered in 2021 but looking at the goal here to under deliver (300 miles of range on the least efficient tire option) it seems 2022 isn’t that far fetched.
What do you mean by "the goal here to under deliver"?

discsinthesky

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Honda Element
November 2020, non-LE preorder holder here. I, too, was feeling pretty bearish about the prospects of getting a vehicle in the first half of 2022, but reading this has me reconsidering.

I was so bearish that I went ahead and pulled the trigger on another EV (VW ID.4) to hold me over until my number gets called. It's been a blast so far, but I was kind of assuming I'd have at least a year before I'd need to make the decision to complete my Rivian order. I guess we'll see how the ramp up goes.

LoneStar

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'23 R1S Launch Ed.
Occupation
engineer
Clubs

maybe space it like s0........0n is now, to look more like the stadium lights on front of a Rivian :)

SeaGeo

First Name
Brice
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Xc60 T8
Occupation
Engineer
I just checked mine and no date either. BTW, anyone know if they'll offer an awning in the configurator too? I remember seeing one in the blue origin launch.
What's your configuration? I have a non-LE R1T and R1S pre-ordered and both have deliveries begin dates.

Sponsored

Ronaldinho

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
98 Trans Am, 76 CB750, PDM Max R1T
Clubs

Charging speeds and active turn headlights added to my list for next time.
Thanks for all the communication you're doing on behalf of the Rivian comms team.

Any timeline update for the removable roof option?

Great info! I would definitely travel the ~5 hours to Normal or Chicago for the test drive events and pick up if I could get my R1T sooner!! I’d do that in a second instead of waiting for the Ohio centers to get up and running.
I agree 100%, I would definitely travel to the plant to take delivery. Any possibility of this for future deliveries?

giraffesR1T

First Name
Shaun
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
LE R1T, C3 Corvette
Occupation
IT
What's your configuration? I have a non-LE R1T and R1S pre-ordered and both have deliveries begin dates.
I have a LE R1T configured and I dont have a date on mine either

SlaterGS

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S, Nissan Leaf, Chrysler Pacifica Hybrid
Clubs

I just checked mine and no date either.
Interesting, mine also displays it here, but I realised you all are probably talking about the R1T, so maybe they changed that?
Rivian R1T R1S ??‍♂️ Some questions answered by my Rivian Guide today 1629997848902

Babbuino

First Name
Manuel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Audi A3
Occupation
DESIGN engineer
Interesting, mine also displays it here, but I realised you all are probably talking about the R1T, so maybe they changed that?
1629997848902.png
I'm a launch edition, maybe that's why it doesn't show the date. I see you have the adventure package.
Sponsored