tusharparmar

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S
Occupation
Software Engineer
Clubs

April 2019 R1S LE Order, April 2022 Configured, May 2022 Guide Contact, June-July 2022 Initial Delivery Window, June 2022 PBA Signed, August 2022 BPC Signed, April-June 2023 New Delivery Window. Countless false commitments and missed deadlines.

Please explain how those that ordered a year or more later have the same delivery window and, in some instances, have already received their R1S vehicles? *%${ you Rivian!

Screenshot 2022-10-31 at 9.06.09 AM.png
Wow!!! So sad to hear that.

This is happening because Rivian is giving VIP treatment to some and taking others for granted.
Sponsored

metr0nom3

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Gen 3 Raptor, Kia Telluride, Outback, Tucson
Occupation
Sales
about what I expected...placed the order in April of 2022.

Rivian R1T R1S 🔮 Estimated Delivery Date Window is LIVE! What’s Yours?! 🔮 Screenshot 2022-10-31 at 10.49.54 AM

tusharparmar

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S
Occupation
Software Engineer
Clubs

And you know that how?
By common sense which is not so common.

2018/2019 order holders are still waiting without a clue why their orders were delayed while some 2020 orders are already enjoying their R1S. In case of R1T, even 2021 orders have received delivery.
Also, this information is just from the forum and doesn't include all the youtubers.

Information is conveniently available here if someone cares to read,

https://www.rivianforums.com/forum/...d-r1s-owners-list-and-stats-enter-yours.8461/

willpollock

First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Website
CrankyYank.com
Vehicles
2010 BMW E60 528i
Occupation
Writer & RE Investor
Rivian R1T R1S 🔮 Estimated Delivery Date Window is LIVE! What’s Yours?! 🔮 Screen Shot 2022-10-28 at 5.35.27 PM

with a May 2021 preorder date (Limestone/Forest Edge) I feel like a kid in a candy store. his name will be Captain Saru (from Star Trek: Discovery). my son, who's also a car nut, is gonna lose his d*mn mind lol

Sponsored

wilderaz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan CT, Honda Odyssey, Cadillac Lyriq
Rivian’s ordering queue needs work… it’s like it was made by some intern software engineer with no algorithm experience.
I have no idea whether there is even an algorithm. There seems to be no rhyme or reason to the process. There is a service center less than 30 minutes from my home. I received both RIT and R1S test drives. I have been speaking with my Guide for almost six months. I signed the PBA five months ago for the "imminent" delivery. R1Ts and R1Ss can be seen on local streets....

My Guide is not only unhelpful but flippant, most recently telling me that, "Lucky for you, your configuration isn't affected like those with forest edge." As if I am supposed to feel "lucky" that I might receive my vehicle more than four years after I ordered it? She also likes to throw out BS, telling me that, "Every time you make a change, you are placed back into the waiting process for a new delivery window." Yet I have never made a change and my Guide is unable to point to such an instance.

Last edited:

AfroRick

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
N/A
It's definitely a mystery how the allocations are falling. I think that's the part that frustrates most folks since it seems almost random.

Bryanjaf

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
Occupation
The Fourth Beastie Boy
Place my order in November 2022. Delivery to Seattle, Washington. Originally given September/October. That moved to December January. Last update was to January/February. I confirmed config on August 25th. I haven't been rattling the cage but basically 5 - 6 months from config confirm to delivery if this holds.

BendR1S

First Name
Marty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla M3, Subaru Outback
Damn I reserved the same month with what looks like the same config except for white paint... And mine just says "2024" 😥 (in Seattle area...but seems like I've seen lots of deliveries around here so don't know how much that matters vs Georgia)
I order 2/2021 and got 2024 for R1S, LA Silver, OC. Delivery address Bend, OR. Seems like the PNW is not getting a lot of love. Frustrating to see others who ordered much later are predicted to get their car much sooner. At least a year sooner, if 2024 turns out to be Jan 2024.

ESTRUCK

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Bolt EV-Kona EV+ORDERED R1T-Canoo PU-SilveradoEV
Ordered my R1T 2018, Max Battery, Adventure pack, quad motors and roof rails ..... my recent update went from 2023 Q3 to unknown 2024 no month stated. 6 years and counting ..... and no service center in NJ only Brooklyn a 2 hour drive ........ :headbang: :headbang::devil::swear:

Sponsored

CaptRat

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T, Chevrolet Corvette, Cadillac CTS
Occupation
Retired
Clubs

Rivian’s ordering queue needs work… it’s like it was made by some intern software engineer with no algorithm experience.
This.

I'm April-June '23. And I'm not complaining about that date. It's actually a few months earlier than I expected. But....I wouldn't expect to get my truck before ANYONE who ordered before me. So I guess I won the lottery over all those that did order before me. But the fact that for configurations that they are actually able to produce it really is, essentially, a lottery, sucks. Regardless of whether you're the winner or loser, it shouldn't be this way.

There are the orders that are months after mine, similar or identical configurations, and farther from the SC or barely closer (I'm 24 miles from the ATL SC) and their delivery date is well before mine. The lottery.

Like the man said, Rivian's ordering queue needs work.

RalphB

First Name
Ralph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Audi eTron, Lexus RX450h
R1T originally quoted November-December 2022, now January-February 2023. Maybe they'll have a new powered tonneau by then??

linkwpc

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 R1S, 2016 CMax, 2001 Saleen, 2002 GS300
Clubs

I switch from R1T to R1S in August 2022 and I got a new window to Apr - Jun 2023 white with ocean coast. I may switch from white to yellow so this may change again.