Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toyota RAV4
Occupation
VP, Technology Enablement
Clubs

September 1, 2020 R1S reservation from Chicago. Originally Sep/Oct 2022 delivery date, then “first half of 2023,” and now Feb/Mar 2023.

NY_Rob

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Model 3 LR AWD, 2017 BMW i3 REX, 2023 R1T
Occupation
IT
Have you even looked at this thread? You changed your config a month ago and you are still getting your vehicle in 2-3 months. Some people were pushed back to 2024. I would be thrilled if I were you
Why would changing your exterior color (all exterior colors are "in stock" all the time) impact delivery date? It's not like I added the camp kitchen, gear tunnel shuttle, max pack or anything else that is not available currently. We have been told multiple times Rivian doesn't batch colors, they can change on the fly without even purging the spray guns supposedly.

I'm 100% certain that if I had stayed with Forrest Green, my new estimate would still have been pushed from Nov/Dec 22 to Jan/Feb 23 just based on my old estimate being almost a year old (given to me on 12/28/2021).

Last edited:

DirtyJester

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 kona ev
Occupation
Millwright
Since we are in the subject of reservations and order configs…..

anyone remember roughly how long it took from placing your reservation to actually begin choosing the options you want?

when I first placed it it let me do a pretend build Or “visualization “ is what they called it but it won’t let me back there or Atleast I can’t find that thing now. 🤔

mount_finkus

First Name
Tyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
(Sold) 1984 Toyota Land Cruiser
Occupation
Web Development
Why would changing your exterior color (all exterior colors are "in stock" all the time) impact delivery date? It's not like I added the camp kitchen, gear guard shuttle, max pack or anything else that is not available currently. We have been told multiple times Rivian doesn't batch colors, they can change on the fly without even purging the spray guns supposedly.

I'm 100% certain that if I had stayed with Forrest Green, my new estimate would still have been pushed from Nov/Dec 22 to Jan/Feb 23 just based on my old estimate being almost a year old (given to me on 12/28/2021).
You are still in one of the best positions on this forum with regard to the updates in estimates, that’s all I’m trying to say

Sponsored

NY_Rob

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Model 3 LR AWD, 2017 BMW i3 REX, 2023 R1T
Occupation
IT
You are still in one of the best positions on this forum with regard to the updates in estimates, that’s all I’m trying to say
It's a 'come from behind win' actually 😁

I had two proven delivery killers in my config.. OC interior and manual tonneau. Both which until recently pretty much guaranteed you were not getting a R1T any time soon. I was tempted at one time to option back to powered tonneau just to help get a quicker delivery, but I'm now glad I stuck to my guns on that option.

Last edited:

Friscorays

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
G35, V8 Vantage, 4C, F type
Since we are in the subject of reservations and order configs…..

anyone remember roughly how long it took from placing your reservation to actually begin choosing the options you want?

when I first placed it it let me do a pretend build Or “visualization “ is what they called it but it won’t let me back there or Atleast I can’t find that thing now. 🤔
You can still visualize.
https://rivian.com/vehicle-studio/r1t
https://rivian.com/vehicle-studio/r1s

Sponsored

mabowden

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Rivian R1T, 2021 Kia Seltos SX
Occupation
Toby Flenderson
Yeah, I'm not a kid any more so I'm not gonna cry "I want it now!!" but it's disappointing that I was literally a few days from my delivery window opening and they slammed it shut on my fingers!

My trade in vehicle (2019 Mazda) will be a year older and lower in value in 2023 :(

I'm a bit concerned about the tax credit too.. let's see how that play out since TY 2022 is now (barring some 2022 miracle delivery happening) off the table for me.

Haven't really seen many moving up in delivery date, most seem to be getting pushed back a couple months at least. One poster mentioned "maybe they are concentrating on EDV's for Amazon?"... but aren't they run on a completely isolated line with their own dedicated personnel?

Maybe they'll come up with a permanent solution to the half-shaft/CV-Joint and "leaning" issues by Feb 23?
If they could fix the half shaft and thicken the front glass a bit I'd be happy. The "leaning" seems to be pretty rare?

mabowden

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Rivian R1T, 2021 Kia Seltos SX
Occupation
Toby Flenderson
  • It is possible yesterday they gave everyone the most conservative estimate possible to finally get in front of this. People are always going to be happier if you tell them something can’t be done soon and you deliver earlier. This is what I would do if I were in their shoes, even if it freaks some people out to see their window pushed out farther. They really can’t win either way with that since they already botched the delivery window process. Either people are pissed the window is missed several times or they are pissed the window is so far out from day 1.
This could very much be true. This is what I like to call the "AAA" approach. Whenever you call AAA for roadside assistance, they give you some wild estimate like "1 and a half to 2 hours" and you're like "aw shit". 10 minutes later a truck shows up, and it makes your day.

I hope this is the case, but Rivian's track record on this is hazy at best.

Yossarian

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Telluride, Wee-Strom, Lynskey Cooper
This could very much be true. This is what I like to call the "AAA" approach. Whenever you call AAA for roadside assistance, they give you some wild estimate like "1 and a half to 2 hours" and you're like "aw shit". 10 minutes later a truck shows up, and it makes your day.

I hope this is the case, but Rivian's track record on this is hazy at best.
I think the odds of earlier delivery are only slightly better than those for a winning Powerball ticket.

NormalLife

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Audi A6, Audi e-tron
Occupation
Med Device
Back in June 2022, my delivery window was communicated to be first half 2023. Today, it is listed as “2024”. Happy for those who got good news, but this is a delay well beyond what I expected.
Wow, I have the exact same pre-order date w/ a Q2 '23 delivery est. Do you have Max Pack or no SC close by? I know everyone is trying to make sense of the nonsensical, but those are 2 things that would make a little sense.