Sponsored

FTWRS1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Land Cruiser
Occupation
Consulting
Spring ‘19 pre-order. Original delivery date Aug-Sept ’22, now Feb-March ‘23. Guide called me in Sept to offer me an alternate to my config but I said no. He was confident they would meet my delivery date with my original config. I have to admit I was getting a bit nervous when I thought the it was coming soon. Everything from a struggling new company to wondering if the Texas heat would be too much for the glass roof. So, I’m taking the delay as a positive to see if it’s what I really want. I’ve driven the T, but would like an opportunity to drive and spend time with the S.

Best of luck to everyone. Try not to let it ruin your day…everything happens for a reason.
Sponsored

Tall_Rider

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Chevy Suburban, Porsche 911
My impression is that R1T delivery estimates are much shorter than R1S. Can we convert to R1T and potentially take delivery sooner?

NY_Rob

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Model 3 LR AWD, 2017 BMW i3 REX, 2023 R1T
Occupation
IT
Just 3 days away from my delivery window of Nov-Dec 2022 opening...
Now Jan-Feb 2023 delivery estimate :mad:

3 days away from my window opening they kick it down the road another 2 months!
I have not changed my config (other than switching from FG to LA Silver exterior 1 month ago) since they allowed "no/manual tonneau" option months ago.

I will try to be positive about this.. at least I well be getting a 2023 model year vehicle now...

Ryanide

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model 3 Performance
Occupation
Real Estate
Now that my R1T delivery estimate is July - September 2023, I wonder if they will have a new Powered Tonneau options available by then...? I'm really bummed that they removed it as that was one of the features I was really looking forward to. Maybe this is a good delay...

R1Sky Business

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S
Clubs

It looks like (roughly) sept '21 pre-orders are now in the 3Q23 bucket, Oct/Nov '21 pre-orders are in the 4Q23 bucket, and Dec '21 are in the 2024 bucket. I would expect yours to be in 1Q24. They will start narrowing it down as the date approaches.
Will adjust according to faster production...hopefully

Sponsored

R1Sky Business

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S
Clubs

Just like many of you, I’m disappointed at their decision to delay. But this country is headed to a recession that is worse than 2009. So this might be a blessing. Many will loose their jobs. New England states, are going to see their electricity bills triple.

example: National grid, currently at .114 per kwh. November 1st, .342 per kwh

God bless us all, & Rivian.
Wow, not looking good huh.

R1Sky Business

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S
Clubs

Now that my R1T delivery estimate is July - September 2023, I wonder if they will have a new Powered Tonneau options available by then...? I'm really bummed that they removed it as that was one of the features I was really looking forward to. Maybe this is a good delay...
That's the spirit

jackr1182

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Toyota Tundra TRD Pro
Occupation
Self Employed
That's not it. I -have- a service center less than five miles from my house, a 2019 preorder, and no estimate.
What did your email say? Mine said:
The delivery window estimate in your Account has been temporarily set to “Processing new estimate” as we finalize plans for when we’ll have a Service Center in your area. We plan to update your Account with a delivery window in January 2023.

NY_Rob

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Model 3 LR AWD, 2017 BMW i3 REX, 2023 R1T
Occupation
IT
Now that my R1T delivery estimate is July - September 2023, I wonder if they will have a new Powered Tonneau options available by then...?
I would certainly hope so.. if they can not design and produce a working powered tonneau cover in 8 full months of time they have utterly and completely failed as engineers.

Sponsored

Joe schmoe

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla model S
What did your email say? Mine said:
The delivery window estimate in your Account has been temporarily set to “Processing new estimate” as we finalize plans for when we’ll have a Service Center in your area. We plan to update your Account with a delivery window in January 2023.
I got the same.

I rechecked my address on the website, and it is correct.

Maybe they’re using the in-house Rivian nav to estimate the distance between my house and service center.

My Tesla says 4.9 miles, but It pulls data I think from Google and and what do they know?

Batman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 R1S Launch Edition; Kia Telluride SX-P
My first R1S sighting in Dallas. In fact my first in person look at a R1S..................

Rivian R1T R1S 🔮 Estimated Delivery Date Window is LIVE! What’s Yours?! 🔮 WhatsApp Image 2022-10-29 at 10.06.24 AM

Last edited:

mabowden

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Rivian R1T, 2021 Kia Seltos SX
Occupation
Toby Flenderson
Just 3 days away from my delivery window of Nov-Dec 2022 opening...
Now Jan-Feb 2023 delivery estimate :mad:

3 days away from my window opening they kick it down the road another 2 months!
I have not changed my config (other than switching from FG to LA Silver exterior 1 month ago) since they allowed "no/manual tonneau" option months ago.

I will try to be positive about this.. at least I well be getting a 2023 model year vehicle now...
Sorry Broccoli Rob. Let's look at the bright side: your ocean coast and manual tonneau dreams will be a reality.

I was really hoping to get the truck in december because of the unknown tax credit implications (hey $7500 is 7500). Looks like that is just barely an option.

But maybe I'll get lucky. Inbetween oct 16 and 31 I did remove the XPEL wrap because I asked myself, "what if Rivian is offering this option, but doesn't have the capability yet" and decided I wanted edges wrapped so will do it local anyway.

mabowden

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Toby Flenderson
THIS IS OUTRAGEOUS!

3.5 YEARS, 41.5 MONTHS, 291 WEEKS AND 1,264 days from order to delivery - MAYBE! Oh, and I guess now I can expect more delays quarterly.

This is the FOURTH time I've been pushed back the delivery. I NEVER CHANGED my configuration. I have made plans based on EVERY ONE of your erroneous delivery windows. I have cancelled those plans FOUR TIMES.

And as an additional insult - you are using my $1,000 interest free for 3.5 years.

What kind of auto company do you ever expect to be IF YOU CAN'T BE TRUSTED?

Rivian obviously doesn't care about those of us who trusted you FROM THE BEGINNING (order date 04/14/20 most recent window July/September 2023). Rivian would rather make money with their corporate clients and simply screw the people who have been supporters. Rivian's continued lies are getting OLD!
Cancel the order?

mabowden

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Toby Flenderson
I have

It definitely has to do with the distance to a service center, as I have two R1Ts on order and the first one I had my western Washington address listed (about 50 miles from the SC)as the delivery address and I received the confirm configuration email in mid September. Unfortunately, I am currently stationed overseas and won’t be back to my western Washington home for about 7 more months, so I asked them to deliver my R1T to Spokane to pick up..then I would drive it to Montana and store it for the 7 months. My guide spoke with his supervisors and they decided that they would put my status into “not ready for delivery “. But I would not lose my place in line.

The second R1T has my Montana address listed as delivery and I did not get a delivery estimate for this truck…..same as other folks..says pending…due to lack of a service center in the area.

As much as I feel the pain for everyone that has an early preorder date and delivery dates that are far out……it makes good business sense for Rivian to delay those, as the cost to pick up those vehicles and bring them to a SC that is hundreds of miles away is a nightmare and very expensive……but….I don’t understand why some people that are close to the SC are not getting dates…that makes no sense…but the others do. So far Rivian has been very understanding of my situation and they don’t want me to get a new truck and store it for 7 months…so they will just let me stay in my spot until I am getting close to returning…and can deliver to my western Washington address.
Hey buddy. Buy a virtual address :)

https://anytimemailbox.com/
Sponsored