Sponsored

Another confirmed (non-employee) delivery (Santa Clara, CA)

AdamsFan1983

First Name
Silence Dogood
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T LE in GW
Occupation
Public Relations
...reposting some pics from Reddit:

Rivian R1T R1S Another confirmed (non-employee) delivery (Santa Clara, CA) 10
Rivian R1T R1S Another confirmed (non-employee) delivery (Santa Clara, CA) 11
Rivian R1T R1S Another confirmed (non-employee) delivery (Santa Clara, CA) 12
Sponsored

MurryR1T

First Name
Marvin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T delivered 3-24-22
Were there any initial thoughts from the new owner? About the process and how/when they were notified?

OP
OP
AdamsFan1983

AdamsFan1983

First Name
Silence Dogood
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T LE in GW
Occupation
Public Relations
Were there any initial thoughts from the new owner? About the process and how/when they were notified?
Link above the photos. ...feel free to click through to browse the questions and replies from owner. He seems very content with the whole process.

paariv

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Died of old age during the wait
Interesting that both of the Reddit posters were vague about when they'd placed their order, when so many of us know the month, if not exact day. I have no idea if we can/should read anything into that, but it did jump out that they weren't among the many who've been talking about their November 2018 orders for years.

LoneStar

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'23 R1S Launch Ed.
Occupation
engineer
Clubs

Almost surely these are the VIP's of VIPs. That crowd tends to be shy about disclosures of any kind

Sponsored

OP
OP
AdamsFan1983

AdamsFan1983

First Name
Silence Dogood
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T LE in GW
Occupation
Public Relations
And just like that, the forums have segued from complaining about employees not being real customers, to VIPS (maybe) not being real customers.

emoore

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 R1T
Interesting that both of the Reddit posters were vague about when they'd placed their order, when so many of us know the month, if not exact day. I have no idea if we can/should read anything into that, but it did jump out that they weren't among the many who've been talking about their November 2018 orders for years.
Maybe because most people don't obsess over things like that just like most pre order holders aren't on this forum.

BradSomrak

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
‘16 Jeep.
Occupation
Atty.
My favorite part about the Reddit thread is the owners comments that reservation was done “a while ago….to the point where I was taken aback when I got the ping….”

You mean it’s possible to preorder a car, not obsess over its delivery date and then……just get it? Weird. ?

Autolycus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
ICE only :(
And just like that, the forums have segued from complaining about employees not being real customers, to VIPS (maybe) not being real customers.
The only real customer is ME! heheh... Nah, I'll count SeaGeo, ajdelange and Tess100D in there too, but only them. Everybody else on this forum is probably a Rivian employee or paid shill. :CWL:

koersontap

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
None!
Occupation
Engineer
Maybe because most people don't obsess over things like that just like most pre order holders aren't on this forum.
I mean, I could *get* my exact order date. But only because I have an email from Rivian confirming it. But do I even know what month it is, without going back and looking at it? No.

Sponsored

Drterreur

First Name
Francois
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla model3 Dual motor
Occupation
Healthcare
Unpaid chill here.

Reserve a R1S Feb2021. I won't get it until end 2022 or most likely deep into 2023.

I would love to have it now. But my 3 kids still fit in the 2013 Nissan Leaf and 2018 Tesla model3. I usually change cars when I need to, not when I want to... which means I keep my car 9-10+ years. I can still wait.

The silver lining is that by being late to the party, I may not go through all the growing pains and may enjoy a slightly better built car compare to those produced today. Maybe even 800v... who knows...

ATL_Canes

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Volvo XC90; R1T LE (Delivered April 2022)
Rivian R1T R1S Another confirmed (non-employee) delivery (Santa Clara, CA) 1589206235552

Friscorays

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
G35, V8 Vantage, 4C, F type
Bummer about March 1, 2022.

Last edited:

mwexler2

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y, Prius Plug-in
Occupation
Software Engineer
Clubs

"Loved it!!" Past tense already? Wonder what happened to sour him / her....
Given the title, I assumed the “loved it” refers to the delivery. I assume the delivery is over.
Sponsored