Sponsored

Diddy123

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Acura MDX
Any word about ocean being powder blue instead of white/grey as in the photos?
I did not ask any questions related to Ocean Coast other than asking what the rep thought about the LG/OC combo. Sorry.
Sponsored

eggpaul

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 Chevy Volt, 2021 Acura TLX
Occupation
Business Owner
Looking at my configurator. Launch green looks so great in the rendering. Not sure why they went with the grey tones. Doesn't make any sense. Did they accidently pour too much grey and then just went with it? Now I have to think about spending 1500-2500 for another color if it's actually this grey in person.

protamine

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
LG R1S, 992 GTS
Occupation
CT Surgery
Looking at my configurator. Launch green looks so great in the rendering. Not sure why they went with the grey tones. Doesn't make any sense. Did they accidently pour too much grey and then just went with it? Now I have to think about spending 1500-2500 for another color if it's actually this grey in person.
I'm the opposite. I just saved 1500-2500 because I think its perfect. I didnt want a army flat olive color. Switching.

OP
OP
kanundrum

kanundrum

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Giulia QV, R1S (S00N)
Occupation
IT
Clubs

I am still thinking everything is fair game color wise until I see them in person (which I hope happens in September).

Sponsored

cohall

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Rivian R1T
I'm the opposite. I just saved 1500-2500 because I think its perfect. I didnt want a army flat olive color. Switching.
Same. I switched from $1500 El Cap Granite to $0 Launch Green, based on the new photos. Though, Limestone is still on the table. Actually all are still on the table...except yellow :)

eggpaul

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Business Owner
website rendering didn't look like an army flat olive. Seemed like it has a slight metallic in it. anyways, the picture with R.J and some guy with the truck in the background looked a lot better than when it was outside. As long as it's not the Toyota and Subaru flat grey I might be okay with it.

LoneStar

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'23 R1S Launch Ed.
Occupation
engineer
Clubs

look how much the color tone/shading varies just on the LG painted plate sample and in comparison to the painted truck itself. I think LG will be a very chameleon green color.

Rivian R1T R1S Launch Green R1T Seen (Confirmed) in More Official Videos: How Does it Feel to Drive a Rivian (IG Stories) LG color plate.PNG

DuckTruck

First Name
Duck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Corvair, BMW325, Acura Legend, XC60, '16 Caddy ELR
Clubs

I am still thinking everything is fair game color wise until I see them in person (which I hope happens in September).
Good call! My indoor pics of LG look very different than the outdoor pics, in large part because of the great lighting and bright surfaces they have in the Engagement Center. I'd go with the outdoor pics because that's where you'll be. Outside, it looks like it does in the outdoor pics that were posted. I will say it was overcast when they were taken, but it looks pretty darn nice in both environments.

Of course, regardless of the weather, it will look much better in my driveway, even at 2:00 in the morning in rainy January. ?

eggpaul

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Business Owner
look how much the color tone/shading varies just on the LG painted plate sample and in comparison to the painted truck itself. I think LG will be a very chameleon green color.

LG color plate.PNG

You're right. Even the picture with R.J. the right side of the car looks more green than the left side. Starting to feel okay about the color.

Sponsored

EarlyAdptr

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toyota Sequoia
Occupation
Consultant
Good call! My indoor pics of LG look very different than the outdoor pics, in large part because of the great lighting and bright surfaces they have in the Engagement Center. I'd go with the outdoor pics because that's where you'll be. Outside, it looks like it does in the outdoor pics that were posted. I will say it was overcast when they were taken, but it looks pretty darn nice in both environments.

Of course, regardless of the weather, it will look much better in my driveway, even at 2:00 in the morning in rainy January. ?
@DuckTruck, so happy you were selected - kindness and generosity rewarded :)

I've searched several post-event threads now, and I can't seem to find any outdoor pics of LG. Since you agree that is likely a better representation of the color - do you have a few outdoor picks of LG you could share with us (hopefully with your perma-grin firmly attached)?

Thanks so much for patiently and enthusiastically answering everyone's questions.

Scott

DuckTruck

First Name
Duck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Corvair, BMW325, Acura Legend, XC60, '16 Caddy ELR
Clubs

I spoke with CS and they said Launch Green has metallic in it. @DuckTruck did you also notice that?
Yes, and you notice it especially under those bright inside lights. Anybody who knows me knows I’m all in on the LG paint, so they might not think I’m objective about it. Well, I’m not objective about it. I’m subjective about it. When I see it, it looks beautiful to me. Others might hate it, or at least think they hate it, even though they have yet to see it.

I’m hoping the test drives and potential meet & greet type of events to come don’t get sidetracked by events beyond Rivian’s, or anyone’s control. If you get a chance to see Launch Green, as well as all of the other colors, in person before you have to decide, why not wait until then? For anyone who thinks “I don’t want a lemon yellow or fire engine red R1T”, stick around long enough to see what Compass Yellow and Canyon Red really look like. They’re both quite striking. There’s no denying they look different live than they do on the Configurator and, frankly, the photos you’re seeing from all in attendance don’t do them justice.

I know it’s frustrating, but if you can wait, why lock into the wrong or different color, if you don’t have to yet. If I ended up passing on any color prematurely, especially the unique LG hue, I’d be upset with myself every day when I approached it and thought, “Why was I in such a hurry?” As always, everyone has to decide what’s right for them, but why not wait until you have to decide?

I’m not sure how a change might effect your delivery timing, but your Guide, or one of the others will likely provide pretty good guidance.

U100

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T
@DuckTruck - from your terrific interview on Rivian Stories we learned that they can paint any color on any R1 vehicle going down the line - all they need is 4-1/2 feet of separation between vehicles. Given this information, I no longer see how changing paint color could or should affect our delivery date, as they don’t have to paint them in batches as I believe we were all assuming beforehand.

crashmtb

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2002 aluminium garden shed TD5
@DuckTruck - from your terrific interview on Rivian Stories we learned that they can paint any color on any R1 vehicle going down the line - all they need is 4-1/2 feet of separation between vehicles. Given this information, I no longer see how changing paint color could or should affect our delivery date, as they don’t have to paint them in batches as I believe we were all assuming beforehand.
that wasn’t ducktruck in the interview ?

I’d expect them to mostly paint in batches until they’re in full production mode. Easier to build a batch all the same when you’re trying to nail down processes.

If you look at pictures from new car factories taken during early phases, you’ll see they’re all the same colour usually.

painting out of sequence is typical though.
Sponsored