Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T, Rivian R1S, 911, Range Rover, Wrangler
Occupation
Technologist
Clubs

Hello,
The 2023 R1S was delivered, and I would like to sell the 2022 R1T (Immaculate/fully wrapped/8K) + a Rivian wall charger in the box.
Any suggestions or recommendations on how to do a private sale (R1T zip code 11932)?
some insight on experiences with online portals and pros/cons would be super helpful.
Thanks in advance

Rivian R1T R1S Looking for recommendation on how to sell my R1T R1T Image 2023 - 2
Sponsored

OP
OP
razmataz

razmataz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Technologist
Clubs

runningdenver

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S QM
Occupation
Tech
Hello,
The 2023 R1S was delivered, and I would like to sell the 2022 R1T (Immaculate/fully wrapped/8K) + a Rivian wall charger in the box.
Any suggestions or recommendations on how to do a private sale (R1T zip code 11932)?
some insight on experiences with online portals and pros/cons would be super helpful.
Thanks in advance

R1T Image 2023 - 2.jpg
I realize this isn't answering your question, but did you consider selling it to Rivian as part exchange for your R1S ? While you may get offered less than you could get in a private sell, it reduces the tax burden of the new purchase.

OP
OP
razmataz

razmataz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Technologist
Clubs

So this was interesting and met the ask if some had to sell quickly and get a wholesale-priced deal! Vroom offered $59K and KBB $63K, which, at that price, I would buy this R1T (at least in my mind, it's worth $10K-$15K more). Are there other ways to sell to max out the price?

Sponsored

OP
OP
razmataz

razmataz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Technologist
Clubs

I realize this isn't answering your question, but did you consider selling it to Rivian as part exchange for your R1S ? While you may get offered less than you could get in a private sell, it reduces the tax burden of the new purchase.
I did not consider the trade-in, and truth to be known; it was driven by a selfish motive to live with both to make the decision.

240vPlug

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Website
ElectrifiedOutdoors.com
Vehicles
23 R1T (Limestone), 23 R1S (El Cap)
Clubs

Carsandbids is where a lot of folks sell. Buyer pays a 4.5% buyers fee which they will take into account when bidding it up. That will get you as close as possible to private sale money without the hassle of private selling it.

No affiliation with the site or Doug.

OP
OP
razmataz

razmataz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Technologist
Clubs

Carsandbids is where a lot of folks sell. Buyer pays a 4.5% buyers fee which they will take into account when bidding it up. That will get you as close as possible to private sale money without the hassle of private selling it.

No affiliation with the site or Doug.
This looks interesting - Thank you!
Would you have experience with them?
What does Doug do for the 4.5% outside html/url?
Are there buyer remorse clauses in the agreement? And who deals with the cost of transporting the vehicle?

240vPlug

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Website
ElectrifiedOutdoors.com
Vehicles
23 R1T (Limestone), 23 R1S (El Cap)
Clubs

Are there buyer remorse clauses in the agreement? And who deals with the cost of transporting the vehicle?
I haven't purchased or sold with them but I look at stuff daily. Its an auction site so the 4.5% is the auction fee except that is paid by the buyer and not the seller.

I don't know about the agreements or anything like that but typically with auctions, once an auction closes, unless the item was misrepresented, the deal is final and the item cannot be returned. I am sure they will supply all the details if that is something your interested in.

NY_Rob

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Model 3 LR AWD, 2017 BMW i3 REX, 2023 R1T
Occupation
IT
Try algonation.com

They recently offered me $73.4K for my 2023 R1T. They were the highest of the five online car buying services I offered my vehicle to. I sold them a vehicle last Jan and had no issues or games getting paid. Very straightforward people to deal with.

Rivian R1T R1S Looking for recommendation on how to sell my R1T 1702950465327

Sponsored

mikehmb

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
eGolf, i3, R1T
I have had very good luck with KBBā€™s instant cash offer. Every vehicle Iā€™ve gotten an offer for there has been well within range of private party sale, and I didnā€™t need to clean/detail/stage it in advance.

Since yours is in such beautiful condition, you may want to consider private party as well. The auction sites charge a premium and Rivians havenā€™t been performing as well there lately., but worth a look (and you can always set a reserve).

moosehead

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
ā€˜22 Ioniq 5, ā€˜78 Jeep Wagoneer
Latest 8 Cars & Bids R1T sales below, excludes 4.5% buyer fee and transport costs.

Rivian R1T R1S Looking for recommendation on how to sell my R1T 1702951159975

kevinR1Tx2R1Sx1

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T Red/Black, R1T LG/FG
I have sold two Rivians on carsandbids. And I sold a VW also. Highly recommended.

kevinR1Tx2R1Sx1

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T Red/Black, R1T LG/FG
I have sold two Rivians on carsandbids. And I sold a VW also. Highly recommended.
It is possible that a buyer could not honor their bid. If that happens, C&B works with the next highest bidder. Overall, seller friendly.

boostincincy

First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 X5, 2008 M3 1995 M3
I sent you a DM if you're interested in selling the. charger local
Sponsored