Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Website
ElectrifiedOutdoors.com
Vehicles
23 R1T (Limestone), 23 R1S (El Cap)
Clubs

Pretty much anything expensive.... not just EVs. High interest rates and inflation on daily necessities has folks scrimping and saving.

EV market share is actually increasing.
Sponsored

140 degrees

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW i3, Rivian R1T
Clubs

My $.02 is that Cybertruck is part of the situation. I think that some people are cross shopping. At the end of November, when prices, features, and availability of Cybertruck are known, there could be an influx of new R1T buyers.

Or not. It depends on what Tesla offers it's loyal fans. They are expecting the Cybertruck to be less expensive and technically superior to other EV trucks on the market.

R.I.P.

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Y, Cadillac ELR, Rivian R1T, Jeep TJ, F250
Occupation
Electrical Engineer
My $.02 is that Cybertruck is part of the situation. I think that some people are cross shopping. At the end of November, when prices, features, and availability of Cybertruck are known, there could be an influx of new R1T buyers.

Or not. It depends on what Tesla offers it's loyal fans. They are expecting the Cybertruck to be less expensive and technically superior to other EV trucks on the market.
Yep. 800/48v architecture, excellent heat pump design, UI, longer bed & stronger body panels could lure me in that direction. But I love my truck, so we will see...
😎

OP
OP
PhatDaddy

PhatDaddy

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2024 R1T RC PDM Max 20” ATs
Occupation
Retired IT
OP: you saw a lot today. Can you check Monday and let us know how many you find? Just a small sample test but should give us some idea of supply and demand. Cheers.
From OP, per your request:
Was 258 R1Ts last Friday - all configurations.
As of today (Monday) 10/30 - 302 R1Ts - all configurations

Update: 80 of them Max Pack (zero of those with All Terrain Pkg or just Under Body Shield)
Only 1 (Quad Large) with Powered Tonneau Cover (same blue one that has been there for months)

Last edited:

vandy1981

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 R1S PDM MP, 2019 Jaguar I-Pace HSE
zero of those with All Terrain Pkg or just Under Body Shield
It's interesting that none have the all terrain package. I wonder if there is something specific about the battery pack that precludes installation of the underbody shield?

Reactions: Rad

Sponsored

OP
OP
PhatDaddy

PhatDaddy

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2024 R1T RC PDM Max 20” ATs
Occupation
Retired IT
It's interesting that none have the all terrain package. I wonder if there is something specific about the battery pack that precludes installation of the underbody shield?
My guess is the extra weight may drop it below the range they have told us to expect... and they don't want to talk too much about that... or at least not shortly after the Max release. Just a guess...

TexasBob

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model 3

Update: 80 of them Max Pack (zero of those with All Terrain Pkg or just Under Body Shield)
Only 1 (Quad Large) with Powered Tonneau Cover (same blue one that has been there for months)
Wait, so there are 302 in inventory? That is what, 7 days of inventory at a 15k a year sales/production rate?

mini2nut

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T, Model Y
Some Lightning and R1T buyers are also cross shopping the Cybertruck and are waiting for the reveal on November 30th.

Tesla will finally spill the beans on 2024 Cybertruck pricing, trims, range and truck specifications.

I have seen the Cybertruck concept in the flesh. If you are worried about the door stop styling, relax. The trucks futuristic lines actually look great in person. It’s one of those vehicles that looks fugly in 2D photos and videos but looks completely different when viewed in person.

Rivian R1T R1S R1T Large Inventory Concerns? D187F585-A5D5-484A-9FAE-37B334FE495D

Last edited:

milliemc

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model 3
Occupation
retired
Clubs

Yep, there's soft demand for EVs and especially those priced above $80,000.

In addition to interest rates, I think we can acknowledge that the R1T is widely available now. The only people still waiting for one are those who won't compromise on the Max Pack, a color, or an accessory. I don't think the tonneau cover is going to drive thousands of sales.

I myself would not have bought one except for the cheaper dual motor, which qualified for tax credits for me, as long as I got silver. If the R1T was still available only with the Bosch motors priced at $90K and up, I think sales would have plummeted just as they did with the Lighting.
Some of us are still waiting for configurations, etc. Here in NM, our laws inhibit Rivian purchases. So--still some states needing Service Centers so that folks can order their cars.

derekmw

First Name
Derek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 R1T
Occupation
Engineer
Yep. 800/48v architecture, excellent heat pump design, UI, longer bed & stronger body panels could lure me in that direction. But I love my truck, so we will see...
😎
Someone over in Tesla forum commented about the oddness of a back window that's covered/blocked when the tonneau cover is closed...that never crossed my mind before somehow, but how odd indeed. I usually have the camera on for rear visibility, but not having any visibility out the back window if the cover is closed seems quite annoying. I wonder if the rear view mirror will be a digital screen.

Not like this one thing will make me back out of buying it if the price/specs line up, but just something that made me laugh a bit...

Sponsored

iansriv

First Name
Ian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S

Wow! Based on this and only this, it certainly looks like the R1T demand is slowing.

DaveA

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T
Wow! Based on this and only this, it certainly looks like the R1T demand is slowing.
Soccer moms demanding the R1S. (No offense to soccer dads)

Ripped

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T Dual Max
Occupation
-
Not much inventory in my R1(T) shop and I've been looking every day

SASSquatch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW i3s Ford C-Max Hybrid
Occupation
Semi-Autonomous Yeti
Clubs

WSea

First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, Outback
Occupation
Architect
Is it true that Rivian is losing about $30,000 per vehicle they sell? I thought I read that somewhere. If that is the case, we're all in trouble.
There's only so long that Rivian's reserves can last. Please say it ain't so!
If Boeing spends billions on r&d for new aircraft do you think they make a profit selling 100 aircraft? Doesn’t work that way
Sponsored