Sponsored

emoore

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 R1T
For those who got no update in their account, remember, update only comes if you’ve configured. You should have still gotten an email saying “we’ll invite you to configure soon”…

Max pack = lower margins and less demand = not prioritized. Yes, it’s disappointing, but it’s 100% a business decision based on deliveries and profitability. Even the best “do good” companies have to make money and please their shareholders. Except non-profits, I guess…Not defending Rivian’s poor communication or expectation management, but none of this should be surprising as the exact same items and issues happened with Tesla a decade ago…
Why would max pack be lower margins?
Sponsored

Cascadian

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Volt, Outback
Clubs

Went from H1 2024 to Jan-Feb 2024 for R1S.

I will take my family to Seattle gallery this weekend. If we like what we see perhaps I will choose from shop before end of year.

ElGuapo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S - April 2021 preorder
Why would max pack be lower margins?
Great question. Admittedly a guess on my part. It’s based on scale and efficiency. There seems to be far less demand for it - especially now that it seems it may not offer much of a mileage boost. So it’s more about tooling and production efficiency.

It just seems like there must be a reason they only prioritizing it and that’s what came to mind. It could just be it’s much lower demand which means fewer deliveries and they need as many deliveries as possible.

dgl78

First Name
Dean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Audi Allroad; Chevy Bolt
Occupation
finance
Curious why those of you being moved back from Aug-Sep 23 aren't asking for shop access and taking delivery on time. Worked out well for me.

Epicloop

First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S
Occupation
Electrical Contractor
Pre-March pricing was nice to have… but only if it actually buys you something, and life only lasts so long. The Max was needed for a specific regular trip plan, but time to cut bait or fish. I’ll review the store, and maybe decide to accept something (without knowing if I will get a 2022 or 23 model!?)
Some good deals in the Shop, 2022 sounds ok considering 2018 pricing. Range gap not so bad & infrastructure improving.
Early 2019 max pack holdout preorder holder here: Aug-Sept 23 -> Nov-Dec 23. Not at all surprised.
Not at all, R1S & DM for the foreseeable future.
Max pack quad default-to-performance dual estimate pushed to 2/2024-3/2024. Pretty much disproves the rumor they were nixing preMarch 2022 orders EOY.
Get one from the shop while pre-March still valid.
At this rate I am more likely to get my Cybertruck reservation sooner
Thats what I've been thinking.
Max pack = lower margins and less demand = not prioritized. Yes, it’s disappointing, but it’s 100% a business decision based on deliveries and profitability.
The charge vs reduced pack size should increase margin. They have killed the demand it will have been at minimum 5 years since first deposits that anyone will receive a max. Virtually everyone has left or went to the Shop.
100% agree on the business decision however they need to deliver or drop it already.

Last edited:

Sponsored

millpond

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Acura MDX
I'm a R1S dual motor pre order holder and mine still says "processing estimate" so I never got an update, though I do have a guide assigned now as it says "contact your guide with any configuration updates." Maybe I'll hear more today ... or maybe the guide will deliver it with a big bow in our driveway like in the TV commercials.

JHCIV

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Jeep Grand Cherokee Trailhawk
My Max R1T moved from Oct-Dec to Jan-Feb '24. Found a Large-Quad Launch Edition for a great price on the Shop, so pulled the trigger. $11.5k cheaper than the similar Max config. Didn't want to lose the (likely) legacy federal tax credit by taking delivery in '24. I'll take more road trip charging in exchange for $19k (and its the fastest one...).

Rivian_Hugh_III

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2008 Infiniti EX35
RJ previously teased two new colors Evergreen and Slate. i posted about this on IG when i saw 4 potential new colors in a Rivian video a few months back and it looked like they had dropped Compass Yellow at that time:
Evergreen - dark green
Slate - blue/grey
Sand/Tan color (name?)
Emerald color (name?)

lets see which ones make it out of testing and which make it to the R1 or R2.
Was it the video with RJ walking through the design room? I recall there were color palettes on the wall behind him. Is that what you’re referring to or a different video? If different can you give a link?

willpollock

First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Website
CrankyYank.com
Vehicles
2010 BMW E60 528i
Occupation
Writer & RE Investor
with an R1S May '21 preorder I just got my charger in the mail and paid my insurance! my 4-year-old son (also a car nut since he could talk, probably before) is about to lose his mind... should take delivery very soon!

Rivian R1T R1S August delivery updates are in! What is your new estimated delivery window? Screen Shot 2023-08-18 at 11.34.27 AM

Sponsored

E_Monkey

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
Me too. Do you think the MAX Pack is firm???
Basically all R1T res holders were pushed back. Al of the R1S holders saying they moved up came at our expense. You can speculate on financial metrics but they are pushing volume. R1T volume has dried up. Using term red holders getting prioritized down to get more vehicles on the road. There is. I reason to believe we won’t get pushed back again. F this company. Spending this much money and being treated like this isn’t worth it. They lost a customer for life. I don’t care if they create a flying car would never look to Rivian again. All their materials about doing the right thing and doing things together is just marketing BS. All falls back to the metrics.

Jihme

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MDX
my R1S, white, standard battery pack delivery window got moved from fall 2024 to spring 2024.

tcole

First Name
Travis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Rivian R1T, 2022 Ford Bronco, 2022 Zero FXE
2021 R1T res holder. Was originally Quad Max Pack. Now obviously not. Have been sitting at a Oct-Dec window for most of this year. Now pushed to Feb-March'24. I am done. Have never been treated like garbage from a company like this despite handing over $1000 in deposit a long time ago. For all their promises of doing things right, different, caring, its all BS. Just sound bites to push stock and product. If its this difficult to buy, I would dread dealing with potential service requests. Imagine waiting for months to repair or get your R1 back? Best of luck to you all. At this rate I am more likely to get my Cybertruck reservation sooner. Glad I never cancelled it after the original pricing fiasco at Rivian. While the truck itself seems solid, I have tested it twice, the company seems less than honorable. How you do is as important as what you do.
I was a Jan 2022 Preorder. I had quad max too, they moved me to dual max, and I got sick of waiting.

in May I switched my config to Quad Large and got store access a few days later. Took delivery in early June.

I wonder ifyou could change your config and get store access. Though sounds like you’re just done.

dixosw

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1S
Clubs

Still says "processing estimate". March 2021 pre-order, I live near a service center. Just a basic launch edition R1S, no underbody, no PPF, no max pack or tent or anything else to delay the order but still no love from Rivian.

OP
OP
Redline

Redline

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1S
Clubs

Still says "processing estimate". March 2021 pre-order, I live near a service center. Just a basic launch edition R1S, no underbody, no PPF, no max pack or tent or anything else to delay the order but still no love from Rivian.
Maybe ask for store access?
Sponsored