Sponsored

Sponsored

BrentInCO

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla S, Toyota FJ, R1S Quad Large Pack Feb 2023
My R1T Max Pack delivery window was Oct-Dec 2023, and is now Feb-Mar 2024. The email from Rivian doesn't make sense to me. Is Rivian saying that the Denver service center is too busy, so my vehicle can't be delivered there until at least 3 months later?

Rivian R1T R1S August delivery updates are in! What is your new estimated delivery window? Rivian updated delivery window.JPG

bd5400

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, SL500
Clubs

Apparently, Rivian is planning on removing Compass Yellow and 20ā€ bright wheels from production soon.
RIP Compass Yellow. I sure hope something awesome replaces it and this isnā€™t the first step in the color selection becoming less fun. Everyone I know who has seen CY in person loves it, but I imagine the take rate wasnā€™t super high.

PhatDaddy

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2024 R1T RC PDM Max 20ā€ ATs
Occupation
Retired IT
Ditto for me. R1Sā€™s must be pushing R1Ts out. My Max Pack + Dual Performance moved from Oct-Dec 2023 to Feb-Mar 2024. That may do it for meā€¦ tired of waiting, since 10/2021. Pre-March pricing was nice to haveā€¦ but only if it actually buys you something, and life only lasts so long. The Max was needed for a specific regular trip plan, but time to cut bait or fish. Iā€™ll review the store, and maybe decide to accept something (without knowing if I will get a 2022 or 23 model!?). But I needed (and was depending upon) the tax credit for 2022, and I have to question how long the IRS will continue to allow an amended return that has an April 2022 (!) ā€˜placed in serviceā€™ date on the forms which is required for the pre-March pricing to get the original $7500 credit regardless of total price. If the new date gets me a new generation powered tonneau cover, Iā€™ll stick it out. But really, what are the chancesā€¦ :-(

Sponsored

dleewla

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian, Toyota, Lexus
Clubs

ordered R1S 7/22. still haven't been invited to configure. sounds like non-max pack folks have moved up so that bodes well for me to get invited maybe in the next few months. who knows.

Rivian R1T R1S August delivery updates are in! What is your new estimated delivery window? Screenshot 2023-08-24 at 12.54.44 PM

Last edited:
OP
OP
Redline

Redline

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1S
Clubs

ordered R1S 7/22. still haven't been invited to configure. sounds like non-max pack folks have moved up so that bodes well for me to get invited maybe in the next few months. who knows.
To be fair, I just was asked to confirm and I ordered a full year before you.

Killer95Stang

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang, Falcon, F150, Flex and Explorer
Occupation
Engineer
Apparently, Rivian is planning on removing Compass Yellow and 20ā€ bright wheels from production soon.
Yes... three new colors have been seen by an employee neighbor of mine. He wasn't 100% sure if they are intended for the R2, but being tested on R1's or they are infact something coming in 2024.

dleewla

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian, Toyota, Lexus
Clubs

To be fair, I just was asked to confirm and I ordered a full year before you.
makes sense. not complaining, just throwing it out there for info.

First Name
Raffael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian
Occupation
Engineer
Ditto for me. R1Sā€™s must be pushing R1Ts out. My Max Pack + Dual Performance moved from Oct-Dec 2023 to Feb-Mar 2024. That may do it for meā€¦ tired of waiting, since 10/2021. Pre-March pricing was nice to haveā€¦ but only if it actually buys you something, and life only lasts so long. The Max was needed for a specific regular trip plan, but time to cut bait or fish. Iā€™ll review the store, and maybe decide to accept something (without knowing if I will get a 2022 or 23 model!?). But I needed (and was depending upon) the tax credit for 2022, and I have to question how long the IRS will continue to allow an amended return that has an April 2022 (!) ā€˜placed in serviceā€™ date on the forms which is required for the pre-March pricing to get the original $7500 credit regardless of total price. If the new date gets me a new generation powered tonneau cover, Iā€™ll stick it out. But really, what are the chancesā€¦ :-(
I'm on the same boat.... Pre-ordered R1T Max-pack in Oct 2019. I'm hoping for a powered tonneau cover, a decent EPA with Dual motor + Max Pack. I'm also curious to know the IRS details for filing amendments as we have received our R1S and plan on filing our 2022 taxes by Oct 2023 and not sure if we can ammend the 2022 tax return in 2024.
Sponsored