Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S, Audi Q7, Ford Expedition, Porsche Cayenne
Occupation
self-employed code-slinger
Clubs

First time in the back of my R1S on the way to doggie daycare since my wife and daughter are out of town and I drop them off near my work. The cargo cover I actually got for them for the 2nd row of my Audi Q7 but we never used it, so it was good enough for now, since the Canvasback cargo liners were going to take 3 weeks to deliver which was too late for my wife and daughter's trip.

FWIW, I was surprised the back of my R1S is *significantly* higher than my Ford Expedition which they are used to jumping up in. I guess it's the difference between the 22" wheels on my R1S and the 18" wheels on my Expedition but that's even w/ my R1S set to the lowest height.

Rivian R1T R1S Dogs and Rivians 🐾 Romeo_and_Scarlet_Rivian_R1S.PNG
Sponsored

Ivman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Tesla Y Performance, 2016 Ram Rebel, R1T
Clubs

Shameless plug for my sister's company.

Sponsored

COdogman

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 R1T
Occupation
Dog Wrangler

COdogman

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 R1T
Occupation
Dog Wrangler

Ivman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Tesla Y Performance, 2016 Ram Rebel, R1T
Clubs

That is brilliant!
Yea, and for what it's worth her whole family is a committed dog loving family. They just registered a non-profit dog rescue, for mostly big dogs. Lots of German shepherds and other big dogs that are found at shelters around the country about to get euthanized.

So they built this for the right reasons. Not sure it's something I'd personally use (we rarely tote our dogs around) but it's a really cool product.

COdogman

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 R1T
Occupation
Dog Wrangler
Yea, and for what it's worth her whole family is a committed dog loving family. They just registered a non-profit dog rescue, for mostly big dogs. Lots of German shepherds and other big dogs that are found at shelters around the country about to get euthanized.

So they built this for the right reasons. Not sure it's something I'd personally use (we rarely tote our dogs around) but it's a really cool product.
That’s great to hear.

The best thing about her product is it makes the humans and the dogs safer inside the vehicle. it would be cool if you could connect 2-3 of them together to make a safe space across the entire back seat. That way older dogs, or any dog that prefers to lie down when the vehicle is moving would have a little more space. That might make it cost prohibitive because of the high quality material they chose, but I bet it would still come in way less than one of those heavy duty car crates.

Sponsored

electruck

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Rivian R1S
I love the kennel! Where did you get it? It fits so nicely and looks strong.
It's a MIM Safe Variocage and is ridiculous expensive but was worth it to me as one of my key criteria was minimal obstruction of rearward visibility. It's well built and, with a little strategic use of some felt between the roof panels near the sides, is dead silent.

https://4x4northamerica.com/product/mim-safe-variocage-double/

I went with the Double crate in size XXL.

Cruzdawg

First Name
Hak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S, KIA Telluride
Occupation
Retired teacher
Clubs

Great idea! Our english labs just hang on the backseat with a cover.
Bode & Winnie
Bode & Winnie.JPEG
I too have a Black English lab, and he loves to stick his head on the windowsill of the second row door. However, I cannot find a cover that works right to keep out his drool. 🤣 It kinda gets everywhere and have tried a few but can’t find one that lets you raise and lower the window when we get on the freeway.

WSea

First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, Outback
Occupation
Architect
I too have a Black English lab, and he loves to stick his head on the windowsill of the second row door. However, I cannot find a cover that works right to keep out his drool. 🤣 It kinda gets everywhere and have tried a few but can’t find one that lets you raise and lower the window when we get on the freeway.
Ours don't drool much however I do need to wipe down the doors with a damp cloth a couple times a month. Haven't been concerned about door protection.

StefanB

First Name
Stefan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S
Occupation
Sales and BD
Just returned from our road trip. Here is a shot of the pups up in the mountains. Golden has an eye condition so he is rocking the UV blocking goggles.
Rivian R1T R1S Dogs and Rivians 🐾 dogs n rivi.JPG
Sponsored