Sponsored

Thank You to All R1S Owners Before Me!

mkg3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Unagi, Radio Flyer and Kette Car
Clubs

Thanks to all of you posting various issues on your respective R1S. When I took delivery today, I was able to to do quick checks on details that I would not have done so without all of you mentioning this, that, and the other things.

November 2021 reservation to delivery ~ roughly 21 months. Nothing compared to some of you, who have waited very long but I intentionally waited to place preorder because I did not want to have an early production vehicle. Hopefully it will payoff. Also I knew the wait wold be far less than those that reserved immediately at the launch.

My vehicle today, as the delivery guy was going over the exterior prior to accepting the vehicle, I had a chance to look at all the fit and finish and all the reported common issue areas. I can say that, for all practical purposes, could not find any issues to point out as fix needed during the process. I even PDF'd how to fix the tailgate misalignment procedure that one of you kindly posted, just in case.

Clearly, electromechanical issues cannot be determined at the delivery time so I am hopeful that this vehicle will be as reliable and trouble free as my Tesla. Unlike some, I have no ax to grind with Tesla and we love our Model 3. It is a great all around vehicle. We are keeping it and adding the R1S.

So, rather than post another first impression review, I wanted to simply thank the forum members for educating and informing the masses so that we go into accepting our vehicles with eyes wide open.

As for how it drives, not going to lie, the vehicle drives like a truck, not an unibody crossover SUV. Feels heavy and I hate the regen implementation as it is an effort to keep the vehicle moving, along with super light steering feel.. That said, I'll get used to it and over it quickly. It is my wife's now and our family roadtrip vehicle.

Again thanks and now I'll spend more time driving it than talking about it...

Cheers!
Sponsored

R1Ser

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW 530e
Clubs

We have such an amazing community! My feeling was that the R1T owners helped more than the R1S folks because they were the OG early adopters! Thanks a lot, everyone!

All we got to do now is - pay it forward!

rbr19870445

First Name
J
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, 981 GT4, 3rd gen 4runner, 1st gen JDM CRV
Clubs

Thanks to all of you posting various issues on your respective R1S. When I took delivery today, I was able to to do quick checks on details that I would not have done so without all of you mentioning this, that, and the other things.

November 2021 reservation to delivery ~ roughly 21 months. Nothing compared to some of you, who have waited very long but I intentionally waited to place preorder because I did not want to have an early production vehicle. Hopefully it will payoff. Also I knew the wait wold be far less than those that reserved immediately at the launch.

My vehicle today, as the delivery guy was going over the exterior prior to accepting the vehicle, I had a chance to look at all the fit and finish and all the reported common issue areas. I can say that, for all practical purposes, could not find any issues to point out as fix needed during the process. I even PDF'd how to fix the tailgate misalignment procedure that one of you kindly posted, just in case.

Clearly, electromechanical issues cannot be determined at the delivery time so I am hopeful that this vehicle will be as reliable and trouble free as my Tesla. Unlike some, I have no ax to grind with Tesla and we love our Model 3. It is a great all around vehicle. We are keeping it and adding the R1S.

So, rather than post another first impression review, I wanted to simply thank the forum members for educating and informing the masses so that we go into accepting our vehicles with eyes wide open.

As for how it drives, not going to lie, the vehicle drives like a truck, not an unibody crossover SUV. Feels heavy and I hate the regen implementation as it is an effort to keep the vehicle moving, along with super light steering feel.. That said, I'll get used to it and over it quickly. It is my wife's now and our family roadtrip vehicle.

Again thanks and now I'll spend more time driving it than talking about it...

Cheers!
try the different modes. I just discovered Rally mode and itā€™s magical on my daily drives

Chewy734

First Name
Ashu
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW, Ford, Rivian
Clubs

Congratulations! Where is the obligatory pic?

Youā€™ll get used to the regen and the light steering wheel soon enough.

This weekend I went to move my BMW after many weeks and it felt like I lost all my power steering fluid (when I hadnā€™t). Not long ago, I thought that steering wasnā€™t too heavy either.

Sponsored

mike22co

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model 3, BMW X3 (x2), s00n R1S
Occupation
Person
Great to hear this! Do you have a list of things you checked on? I pick up this coming Friday. Right now my list is:
  • Dent under the door handles
  • Any doors, frunk or tailgate rubbing paint on paint
  • Steering alignment
  • Obvious panel gaps (also a model 3 owner and love it! - no issues with it)
  • AC cooling and vibration in the accelerator when AC is on
This group has been so much fun for the past 2+ years!

Count Orlok

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 R1S/ 2024 INEOS Grenadier/ 1969 Ford / etc.
Occupation
retired
I'm picking up on Wednesday so would appreciate a list :)
there's a doc somewhere on the forum for the R1T that I used (but I can't seem to find the thread it's posted in).

Sponsored

MidnightRivian

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1S
Clubs

Njr423

First Name
Neilr
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ionic 5, palisade, R1s ( hope soon)
Occupation
Retired
Clubs

Thanks. I pick up my R1S on Thursday. Since i live in NC i have to go out of state( Atlanta SC) to pick mine up and cocerned about addressing service issues as well.

OP
OP

mkg3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Unagi, Radio Flyer and Kette Car
Clubs

Hereā€™s a checklist that someone, not me, prepared that I took a screenshot of.

IMG_0233.png
These lists that other have posted covers everything I did and more.

The only other things I'd mention is to make sure that air comes out of every vent (I think its noted on one of the list), and check the fit on the large door frame molding on the bottom of the body to seal the door and the body closure. Some reports said it doesn't fit properly.

I have RUS and is bit impractical and difficult to inspect the underbody. Did do a quick visual all around the underbody at the SC. Once home, I did get under the vehicle to make sure no bolts or fasteners were missing and everything appear to be secure.

Today, we doing a round trip from OC to San Diego (roughly 130 miles) so it will be a good chance to drive for a bit of distance on the freeway.
Sponsored