Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T
Occupation
IT
Clubs

I guess I'm dumb or it requires the update to push to the truck because I updated my app to 1.15 and there is no added functionally. 😅

kurtlikevonnegut

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T QM, Honda Odyssey
Clubs

I guess I'm dumb or it requires the update to push to the truck because I updated my app to 1.15 and there is no added functionally. 😅
Truck has to be on the update that just started pushing today for the functionality to show up in the app.

Spades

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T
Occupation
IT
Clubs

Truck has to be on the update that just started pushing today for the functionality to show up in the app.
Ahh ok. I thought I saw in the release notes it said or app version 1.15 or later so I got excited lol

Biturbowned

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
‘20 Model Y, ‘22 R1T
Occupation
Engineer
Clubs

This is great news! Looking forward to the update!

Sponsored

Batman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 R1S Launch Edition; Kia Telluride SX-P
For vehicle software update, is it part of the upcoming software release or is it separate?

Oldsmobile_Mike

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
FG/FE R1T recv'd 3/31/2023
Occupation
I build stuff
Clubs

I was confused by this as well. Brave new world we live in. App needs an update, car needs an update, toaster needs an update.... everybody gets an update. LOL. 😆

Rivian R1T R1S Official Spotlight: Latest App & Software Updated w/ Enhanced Trip Planning Powered by ABRP (Updated w/ Screenshots) 1687468792860

s4wrxttcs

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T
Occupation
Engineer
I was confused by this as well. Brave new world we live in. App needs an update, car needs an update, toaster needs an update.... everybody gets an update. LOL. 😆

1687468792860.png
My cloud connected Toaster is coming this Friday.

I can't wait for its first update.

I did recently have to pull a device off any internet connectivity due to excessive updates. That was my OLED TV where I don't even use any App.

Green Mean Machine

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 R1T Adventure Quad
Occupation
Lead PDM
I was just at the SC so the SC Tech said that they will be pushing the update according to their schedule. So we are going to get but we need to be patience :cool:

Sponsored

bgoldber88

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Rivian R1T LE, 2021 BMW X3 PHEV
Occupation
Engineer
This seems like a great set of features. I've updated my car but haven't had a look yet.

That being said, I'm really excited about the trip planner. I assume if you set departure SoC that it actually schedules that charge level for the vehicle. If so, that is an amazing feature.

azbill

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, Mach E, Hummer EV SUT
Occupation
Engineer
This seems like a great set of features. I've updated my car but haven't had a look yet.

That being said, I'm really excited about the trip planner. I assume if you set departure SoC that it actually schedules that charge level for the vehicle. If so, that is an amazing feature.
An amazing feature that even my 2017 Bolt had, as well as my Mach E.

electruck

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Rivian R1S
I'd love to see them extend this trip planning capability to our Rivian accounts as accessed via web browser. Trip planning from my phone will certainly be necessary at times, but doing it with the advantage of a large screen, mouse, and keyboard would be really nice too.

zefram47

First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, C6 Corvette GS
Occupation
Software Engineer
Clubs

Looks like a great update! I know there's a lot to come, but I am a little disappointed in a few things I've found so far. For some reason they still insist on showing waypoints on the route and final arrival in miles instead of %SoC. Especially when you are sitting at a charger you really care about what %SoC you can unplug at...the ABRP app properly shows this, but the truck and Rivian app do not. The number of minutes estimated on the charger assumes that ideal battery temperature exists as well as correct info in the system for the charger power where EA still shows almost all chargers as 150 kW vs 350 kW. Another issue is that there's no way in the truck to select a different charger for the route plan and if you start tapping the map it just randomly changes the plan in unintuitive ways.

For instance, I planned a route from Denver to Moab. One cool thing was being able to say that I wanted to arrive with 50% battery since there's no charging in Moab right now. It generated a route stopping in Edwards, CO and the Grand Junction RAN site with the RAN stop being a very deep charge. If I changed that to a 60% arrival SoC then it added a stop in Green River, UT before backtracking to Moab, which is the route I actually plan to use when I head out there in August. TL;DR...great update and a sign of things to come, but I do really hope they get some usability stuff in there like SoC on arrival at each stop, what SoC to unplug at, and the ability to edit the suggested route.
Sponsored