What will we learn 5/17-5/23?

RivianXpress

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, Sprinter, TE300i, R1250GSA, KTM 500, 790
Occupation
Retired Engineer
Better than what I got. " The vehicle-to-home charging is one of my favorite features of the new F-150 Lightning as well. We will be sharing more details around Rivian vehicles and their charging capabilities soon! "

I did touch on deliveries and Guide contacts for LE customers and...
"Guide contacts remain slated to begin here in May. It'll be great hearing our community's reactions to the good news that they're on their way to Rivian ownership!"

He also reaffirmed they are delivering in June.
Rivian R1T R1S What will we learn 5/17-5/23? 306A3BC6-658A-4D02-9E03-6FDDD36FDAE5
Sponsored

trickflow

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model 3 performance, Toyota 4runner
Tom Moughney, of Insideevs, said his friend had received a delivery notice from Rivian on the Motor1 coverage of the F-150 Lightning reveal.
No guides have contacted pre-order holders yet.

Sponsored

trickflow

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Corrected version:
"No preorder holders that post on this forum have reported that they have been contacted by a guide"
And you would be incorrect.

SANZC02

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model S, LE - R1S
Occupation
Retired
And you would be incorrect.
Just curious, can you explain why he is not correct?

I have not seen a single person on the forum reporting that they have been contacted by a guide.

I can see where his statement is actually a subset of your statement as he is referring only to preorder holders that are in this forum.

The previous statement may also be correct but without the entire list of reservation holders to contact, is not able to be verified.

trickflow

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Just curious, can you explain why he is not correct?

I have not seen a single person on the forum reporting that they have been contacted by a guide.

I can see where his statement is actually a subset of your statement as he is referring only to preorder holders that are in this forum.

The previous statement may also be correct but without the entire list of reservation holders to contact, is not able to be verified.
Sure, I contacted Rivian, removed names, see pics. I figured I would ask, and I did about an hour ago.

Rivian R1T R1S What will we learn 5/17-5/23? rivian1b

Rivian R1T R1S What will we learn 5/17-5/23? rivian2.PNG

kanundrum

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Giulia QV, R1S (S00N)
Occupation
IT
Clubs

Sponsored

SANZC02

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model S, LE - R1S
Occupation
Retired
If anyone is curious, door has not yet been slammed on VtoH.

I was chatting with CS today, asking about the VtoV charging to see if I could get some details on how they were implmenting that. They said they are still working on those details, so I asked if they had any plans to to VtoH like the ford lightening, this was the response.... It is not a no....

I redacted the Rep Name;

5/20/2021, 9:58:05 AM - Redacted: I had a feeling this is where you were going with that question!
------
5/20/2021, 9:59:11 AM - Redacted: It's so great that Ford is developing an EV pickup option! After the mess that happened in Texas this past year, it was a good point for them to tout.
------
5/20/2021, 10:00:08 AM - Redacted: The vehicle to home, return power to the grid, all of these are details that we'll be sharing soon as well. More to come soon!
------
5/20/2021, 10:00:40 AM - Redacted: We just want to ensure we have all of the details squared away so what we share is what our community will receive with the vehicles.

kylealden

First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T LE, Tesla Model Y, Zero DSR/X, '69 CJ5
Occupation
Product Management
Rivian has to have a V2G/H solution at launch or they are going to lose a fair # of customers IMO.
I think the fact that Ford is the first company to invest meaningfully in this is not an accident. It's nice-to-have and certainly fits within the "get-shit-done," commercial-segment theme that Ford has squarely in their sights; but if it were a broad customer need, Rivian (and others, including Tesla) would likely have prioritized it more. Don't forget that these companies do no small amount of customer research.

Take it from someone with a lot of customer research experience - the needs of a few outspoken enthusiasts (cough) rarely generalize well to the broad marketplace.

I'm not giving up on Rivian having some V2H, but it's not a dealbreaker for me. (I care much more about a higher amperage outlet in the bed - something that would be useful for boondocking with a trailer, which is squarely in the "adventure" use case ?)

Longhorngirl

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toyota Highlander
Occupation
Actuary
What are we going to learn this week ? Nothing. That doesn‘t stop all the speculation each week. For those like me that are constantly harassing CS for updates and refreshing the Rivian website, congratulations you have PRSD (Pre-Rivian Stress Disorder).

Ray R

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Bolt
I guess Vehicle to Grid/Home is nice but that is so off of a feature route as we have underground power and have never had a power outage in the time we have owned our home. Maybe for camping or what have you it would make sense but even then not on any list of priority for the average person.
Last I read, only 25% of the US electric grid was underground. So the average person would seem to be subject to power outages. During the Lightning announcement, they specifically mentioned the issues Texas recently had. And with all the crazy weather changes, having a solid backup power source for your home might be a very appealing feature. It certainly is for me.
Sponsored