Sponsored

PNW 02

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Multiple
Just wanted to share our current order update as we had some good news lately:

We gained shop access on Thursday and found our configuration, but in Launch Edition, in the shop this morning and locked it in. Order & location details can be seen in my signature, currently awaiting vehicle location, approximate delivery timing and VIN!
Sponsored

sub

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1S, Tesla Model 3
I just lost shop access! And my ETA changed to pending. Fingers crossed that means they are about to build my car.

R1Sky Business

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S
Clubs

I just lost shop access! And my ETA changed to pending. Fingers crossed that means they are about to build my car.
Get the accessories ready

R1Sky Business

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S
Clubs

What was projected delivery window???

Sponsored

Autolycus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
ICE only :(
August-September.
Woohoo! OK... so, what's the process from start to finish here so I can be sure I know how to prepare a couple things: Had your guide asked for you to "lock" your configuration before today?

sub

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1S, Tesla Model 3
Woohoo! OK... so, what's the process from start to finish here so I can be sure I know how to prepare a couple things: Had your guide asked for you to "lock" your configuration before today?
I was assigned a guide in February when I did a test drive. The guide never reached out, but I noticed their contact info was added to my account page.

In mid April when I started seeing people with similar reservation dates getting shop access I emailed my guide several times asking about shop access. No response or even confirmation that my request was received.

In late April I set a Text message to my guide asking for shop access. They responded immediately saying yes - expect access in 48 hours.

Almost exactly 48 hours later @tgo10000 posted a screenshot showing my exact config as a LE. I didn't yet have shop access so I immediately texted my guide asking if they could match me to it. They said yes and my account changed from configured to confirmed, my ETA disappeared, and my config changed from Adventure to LE.

A few hours later I had shop access and the exact match was gone. There was a close-enough vehicle, but I didn't act on it since I thought I already had a car selected.

3 days later I had a call with my guide, who told me that I didn't actually get that shop vehicle because someone with real shop access had claimed it before their matching request had been processed.

The end of April ETA updates came out after my almost-match, but the ETA was calculated before it. My account still shows my config as Launch Edition. The Aug-Sept ETA was based on an Adventure order.

I have refreshed the shop page pretty much non-stop for the last month. Nothing else close enough (Yellow with OC - flexible on wheels and RUS) has shown up. And now my shop access is gone.

I suspect that the Adv->LE change may be why I am possibly entering production a few months ahead of schedule. Or else everyone else ahead of me in line selected something from the shop.

Last edited:

tgo10000

First Name
J
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
mach e, r1t, r1s
@sub that’s kinda hype you ended up being configured with LE maybe lessens the sting of losing the other one

Reactions: sub

Autolycus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
I was assigned a guide in February when I did a test drive. The guide never reached out, but I noticed their contact info was added to my account page.

In mid April when I started seeing people with similar reservation dates getting shop access I emailed my guide several times asking about shop access. No response or even confirmation that my request was received.

In late April I set a Text message to my guide asking for shop access. They responded immediately saying yes - expect access in 48 hours.

Almost exactly 48 hours later @tgo10000 posted a screenshot showing my exact config as a LE. I didn't yet have shop access so I immediately texted my guide asking if they could match me to it. They said yes and my account changed from configured to confirmed, my ETA disappeared, and my config changed from Adventure to LE.

A few hours later I had shop access and the exact match was gone. There was a close-enough vehicle, but I didn't act on it since I thought I already had a car selected.

3 days later I had a call with my guide, who told me that I didn't actually get that shop vehicle because someone with real shop access had claimed it before their matching request had been processed.

The end of April ETA updates came out after my almost-match, but the ETA was calculated before it. My account still shows my config as Launch Edition. The Aug-Sept ETA was based on an Adventure order.

I have refreshed the shop page pretty much non-stop for the last month. Nothing else close enough (Yellow with OC - flexible on wheels and RUS) has shown up. And now my shop access is gone.

I suspect that the Adv->LE change may be why I am possibly entering production a few months ahead of schedule. Or else everyone else ahead of me in line selected something from the shop.
I hope LE saves you some cash for your "trouble"! :)

Reactions: sub

Sponsored

Zybane

Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Raptor 37
Occupation
Military Pilot
I have a July to September expected delivery. I don't have a "guide" to ask for access to the R1 shop. How do you even get a guide?

Sevn86

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2025 BMW X5 M Sport
Occupation
Sales
Woohoo!!! That can only mean one thing!

COdogman

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 R1T
Occupation
Dog Wrangler
I have a July to September expected delivery. I don't have a "guide" to ask for access to the R1 shop. How do you even get a guide?
It is very inconsistent who gets a guide and when in the process. Some people get a guide randomly months before their window and others get assigned a guide just days before their vehicle ships from Normal.

Most people seem to get access to the shop through a guide but it can't hurt to also just call CS regularly and nicely ask for access.

Mygrain

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 IONIQ 5, '23 R1S quad, many Deeres
Occupation
grain farmer, ex-Honda factory engineer
Clubs

Inventory alert: Launch Green / Forest Edge with 22 brights in my shop this morning (central IL). $77,500.
Also, Launch Green / Forest Edge with 20 AT wheels and RUS. $79,500.
Go!

Autolycus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
I would be all over a double-green LE, but I just don't like LG as much on the S. It looks great for the T, but I prefer FG on the S.

Rivian R1T R1S R1S Shop access live with lots of inventory! Screenshot 2023-05-23 at 7.51.36 AM
Rivian R1T R1S R1S Shop access live with lots of inventory! Screenshot 2023-05-23 at 7.51.55 AM
Rivian R1T R1S R1S Shop access live with lots of inventory! Screenshot 2023-05-23 at 7.52.11 AM
Sponsored