Zybane

Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Raptor 37
Occupation
Military Pilot
Is Rivian still preventing deliveries from addresses that are "too far" from service centers?
Sponsored

Sevn86

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2025 BMW X5 M Sport
Occupation
Sales
Is Rivian still preventing deliveries from addresses that are "too far" from service centers?
I believe so as another member posted about it last week. He was in New Mexico.

tgo10000

First Name
J
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
mach e, r1t, r1s
I would be all over a double-green LE, but I just don't like LG as much on the S. It looks great for the T, but I prefer FG on the S.
It’s funny how they look different on such a similar vehicle.

Autolycus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
ICE only :(
It’s funny how they look different on such a similar vehicle.
Yep. I saw Compass Yellow in person for the first time a few weeks ago. I didn't mind it on an R1T. I think it would be too much on an R1S. B pillar forward is identical, but the body lines on the rear doors and for the C pillar and back really do make a difference in how a color looks. The black roof with chrome trim vs. painted roof also does make a difference.

And of course, the type of vehicle changes perceptions in funny ways. A yellow Porsche looks great. A yellow Camry would be terrible!

SANZC02

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model S, LE - R1S
Occupation
Retired
I would be all over a double-green LE, but I just don't like LG as much on the S. It looks great for the T, but I prefer FG on the S.

Screenshot 2023-05-23 at 7.51.36 AM.png
Screenshot 2023-05-23 at 7.51.55 AM.png
Screenshot 2023-05-23 at 7.52.11 AM.png
Just curious have you seen an LG R1S in person? I was El Cap from day one and changed to LG at the last minute once I saw it with the dark 22s at the Costa Mesa SC.

Sponsored

Autolycus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Just curious have you seen an LG R1S in person? I was El Cap from day one and changed to LG at the last minute once I saw it with the dark 22s at the Costa Mesa SC.
I have. It's certainly not a bad color. I just like FG more on the R1S. Enough to have me hold out for it over LG anyway. LG does also look better with one of the dark wheel sets, especially the dark 22s. I'm trying to keep it <$80k though, so the dark wheels are out.

Right now I'm open to FG, RB, Limestone, and ECG. ECG is a great color, but it's close to being bounced from my list. We'll see! :)

Southern R1S

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 R1S (LE/GW/OC/20"AT), Lexus GX 460 Luxury
Occupation
Builder
100% agree with you on this & actually made a post a while back basically saying the same thing (see quote below). LG is absolutely beautiful on the R1T, but for some reason just doesn't do it for me on the R1S (to be it looks sort of "dirty" or "washed out" on the R1S for some reason that I can't quite pin down). Interestingly, I feel the inverse is true about GW as well -- I love it on the R1S, but don't care for it nearly as much as the other colors on the R1T.

I know it's 100% preference, but I did a First Drive last weekend and for whatever reason the FG looked a lot better to me on the R1S than LG does (the truck is the opposite in my opinion - LG looks better than FG).

No idea why that is and not saying everyone will agree, but strongly recommend looking at those in person if you haven't if you are considering those two options. I thought going in I would much prefer LG and it was night-and-day when I saw them side-by-side.

SANZC02

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model S, LE - R1S
Occupation
Retired
I have. It's certainly not a bad color. I just like FG more on the R1S. Enough to have me hold out for it over LG anyway. LG does also look better with one of the dark wheel sets, especially the dark 22s. I'm trying to keep it <$80k though, so the dark wheels are out.

Right now I'm open to FG, RB, Limestone, and ECG. ECG is a great color, but it's close to being bounced from my list. We'll see! :)
I signed the agreement but not sure if I trusted it so wanted to stay under 80k as well. My guide was able to hook me up with LG/BM/Dark 22s at 79k. 👏🏻

Good luck with getting a config that works for you, very happy with mine.

linkwpc

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 R1S, 2016 CMax, 2001 Saleen, 2002 GS300
Clubs

Yep. I saw Compass Yellow in person for the first time a few weeks ago. I didn't mind it on an R1T. I think it would be too much on an R1S. B pillar forward is identical, but the body lines on the rear doors and for the C pillar and back really do make a difference in how a color looks. The black roof with chrome trim vs. painted roof also does make a difference.

And of course, the type of vehicle changes perceptions in funny ways. A yellow Porsche looks great. A yellow Camry would be terrible!
I think the other way, I like yellow on the R1S but not the T. Funny how people see things differently.

Sponsored

Duquesne

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ram Powerwagon, Alfa Giulia Quad
Occupation
Yes
I have a canyon red on order, I see so few of them I’m afraid that will be what keeps my order from being filled. I could do midnight.

the yellow and blue I did not like at all on the R1T but like them both on the R1S. Throw the dark rims on this and it’s perfect, the bright rims will work as I will have them powder coated.
Rivian R1T R1S R1S Shop access live with lots of inventory! 1684859090277

tgo10000

First Name
J
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
mach e, r1t, r1s
I have also seen in person and agree it’s good on the R1S but better on the R1T. It’s all just opinion though.

Autolycus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
I'm glad we all have our own tastes in color, etc. Life would be so boring if we didn't! I also wouldn't be able to laugh with my wife at how there can be people with such awful taste that the GLE Coupe exists. :CWL:

tgo10000

First Name
J
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
mach e, r1t, r1s
I have a canyon red on order, I see so few of them I’m afraid that will be what keeps my order from being filled. I could do midnight.

the yellow and blue I did not like at all on the R1T but like them both on the R1S. Throw the dark rims on this and it’s perfect, the bright rims will work as I will have them powder coated.
1684859090277.png
Several have taken delivery of RC recently, mine is ready at the factory, it’s not the most popular color but it definitely gets built frequently. It doesn’t stay in the shop very long if it’s not a super expensive build. Good luck!

mifj

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1S
Occupation
IT
Who got R1 Shop access, what is the cost for all terrain upgrade?
Sponsored