Sponsored

BigE

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T, Honda S2000
Here are a couple snaps of the full truck with 22" TerrainContact A/Ts. I'll get some more soon that better showcase the tires. In the meantime, since my initial post on the tire swap only had closeups ... hopefully these help show the bigger picture (no pun intended)

_V6A7782.jpg

_V6A7786.jpg

_V6A7789.jpg
I'm with you as an original Max Pack from 2018....I have the dark 22's and have thought about the Conti's. How is the noise on pavement vs OE?
Sponsored

OP
OP
Rob O

Rob O

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 R1T, 2019 RS5 Sportback, 2018 Raptor, 2020 M4
Occupation
Dad
Love the setup and the look. Can you tell me how do you like the way the Continental's drive on the pavement. Was looking at the ATS 20's from Rivian, but this might be the alternative that I am looking for.

Thanks!!
So far they're great. Definitely road-biased all terrains, but not sport/road/efficiency-biased like the OE Pirellis. Negligible change in cabin noise (i.e., road noise). Don't have a baseline for range/efficiency compared to OE tires, so don't know if or what the hit is with the Contis. Very happy with the change as a stopgap until I can go to 20s this summer.

OP
OP
Rob O

Rob O

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Dad
... Also, from what I can see of it, your house looks amazing! Congrats, hope you enjoy the truck!
... And, nice PacNW home!
Nice truck, but…man I’d like to see more pictures of your house, haha.
Hah ... Thanks. It's nothing special, in the grand scheme, but we love it. Construction began in 2020 and it was completed in late 2021.

We back to the National Forest, with myriad mtb (and hiking) trails right in our back yard. The house has over 1000 sq ft of outdoor living space, a couple fire pits, etc and sits on just under an acre within a golf resort community (the 4th and 5th fairways are just across from us out front). In addition to the house itself, we had a separate 500 sq ft casita (ADU) built for my wife's remote home office ... which is more like a nice, luxury apartment than WFM space (home theater/ lounge with fireplace, full bath, kitchenette/bar, workout area, and her office area).

Haven't done a proper photo shoot yet, as some of the build continued after we moved in and I wanted it to be done-done before photographing. Landscaping was only finally installed close to end of summer, and still not fully complete, while a few items in the home took until just last month to shore up ... and there are items that were stopgap and need to be retrofit (like the chimney tops, which aren't what we spec'd but had to settle on due to Covid related material shortages). A quick shot of the front, drone shot and video of the back -- which is what the house is really all about -- below.

Rivian R1T R1S The @blinker.fluid El Cap Granite R1T delivery/spec/build/journal ... 3E47C241-134D-4FF8-8890-A80D13B45BF0-675-0000001CD6E93D6F

Drone shot during construction
Rivian R1T R1S The @blinker.fluid El Cap Granite R1T delivery/spec/build/journal ... Photo_6553842_DJI_242_jpg_7282310_0_2021921174950_photo_original

Curb appeal is from back here! (sorry for the vertical video ... originally taken for IG Story)

DTown3011

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T
Hah ... Thanks. It's nothing special, in the grand scheme, but we love it.
Ya, you're right, nothing special - now that I see the photos, what a piece of crap....hahaha. Looks incredible!!!

OP
OP
Rob O

Rob O

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Dad
Posted the following in one of the many "delivered out of alignment" threads and figured I'd crosspost here just to keep track of it in the journal ...

When I took delivery my R1T was slightly out of alignment. Steering wheel is just tad off when traveling straight, and if I let go the truck would pull to the right. Pretty much exactly as others have experienced. Not that big a deal, but I’m OCD *and* know it’ll result in uneven/premature tire wear.

Rather than deal with sorting an alignment at the SC -- least because I’m 180 miles away from one, but also because many reported having to multiple times before it was right -- I scheduled an appointment with my local motorsport shop who specialize in alignments, corner balancing, race suspension set ups, etc.

The alignment was done in late April. They spent quite a bit of time on mine, partly because they'd never done a Rivian, partly because they didn't really have any factory specs to go by and partly because some panel removal was required (or they removed them thinking it was required). Below are my before/after ... both the way the steering wheel looked / looks now and the numbers.

I've now driven about 500 miles since, including surface streets, back roads, highways (many with crowned sections), etc and it's straight as an arrow now. I still think the quad motor set up -- how they're calibrated, throttle inputs, and so on -- play into how the truck behaves with regard to tracking ... meaning some of the "truck pulling" experiences people are having could be misconstrued as alignment issues. But as far as my steering wheel when on center and how the truck reacts when letting go of it, an alignment corrected my issues.

IMG_2689.jpg

Last edited:

Sponsored

OP
OP
Rob O

Rob O

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Dad
Any more photos of your mods ?
In lieu of bigger (more meaningful) mods to come -- like wheels, bed rack, aux lighting, etc -- here are a few shots of the @EveryAmp Dash Anchors (17mm) and Metisinno MagSafe magnetic phone mounts. I have one on each side of the center display, for driver (shown with my iPhone 14 Pro) and passenger.

Links to both products are in the mod list of my original post.

Also note the "wedge" screw that comes with the EveryAmp mount is silver, and it stood out like a sore thumb on the passenger side (not visible on the driver side, so no issue there). I didn't have a black one handy, so just painted the one that comes with it black (and will replace with a black one next time I'm at the hardware store).

These are a great phone mount solution. And using OE Apple Lightning cables (black), plugged into center console USB-C ports, charging is easy and unobtrusive. I've been daily'ing this set up for the past couple months and it's perfect (even with some of the wireless options out there, since those don't put the phone in view of the driver).

Rivian R1T R1S The @blinker.fluid El Cap Granite R1T delivery/spec/build/journal ... _v6a7895.JPG

Rivian R1T R1S The @blinker.fluid El Cap Granite R1T delivery/spec/build/journal ... _v6a7899.JPG

Rivian R1T R1S The @blinker.fluid El Cap Granite R1T delivery/spec/build/journal ... _v6a7900.JPG

Rivian R1T R1S The @blinker.fluid El Cap Granite R1T delivery/spec/build/journal ... _v6a7901.JPG

Rivian R1T R1S The @blinker.fluid El Cap Granite R1T delivery/spec/build/journal ... _v6a7902.JPG

Rivian R1T R1S The @blinker.fluid El Cap Granite R1T delivery/spec/build/journal ... _v6a7905.JPG

Rivian R1T R1S The @blinker.fluid El Cap Granite R1T delivery/spec/build/journal ... _v6a7911.JPG

Rivian R1T R1S The @blinker.fluid El Cap Granite R1T delivery/spec/build/journal ... _v6a7909.JPG

WSea

First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, Outback
Occupation
Architect
Hah ... Thanks. It's nothing special, in the grand scheme, but we love it. Construction began in 2020 and it was completed in late 2021.

We back to the National Forest, with myriad mtb (and hiking) trails right in our back yard. The house has over 1000 sq ft of outdoor living space, a couple fire pits, etc and sits on just under an acre within a golf resort community (the 4th and 5th fairways are just across from us out front). In addition to the house itself, we had a separate 500 sq ft casita (ADU) built for my wife's remote home office ... which is more like a nice, luxury apartment than WFM space (home theater/ lounge with fireplace, full bath, kitchenette/bar, workout area, and her office area).

Haven't done a proper photo shoot yet, as some of the build continued after we moved in and I wanted it to be done-done before photographing. Landscaping was only finally installed close to end of summer, and still not fully complete, while a few items in the home took until just last month to shore up ... and there are items that were stopgap and need to be retrofit (like the chimney tops, which aren't what we spec'd but had to settle on due to Covid related material shortages). A quick shot of the front, drone shot and video of the back -- which is what the house is really all about -- below.

3E47C241-134D-4FF8-8890-A80D13B45BF0-675-0000001CD6E93D6F.jpg

Drone shot during construction
Photo_6553842_DJI_242_jpg_7282310_0_2021921174950_photo_original.jpg

Curb appeal is from back here! (sorry for the vertical video ... originally taken for IG Story)
Great house!
I'd recommend reading up on Firewise if you haven't already.
NFPA - Preparing homes for wildfire

OP
OP
Rob O

Rob O

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Dad

WSea

First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, Outback
Occupation
Architect
Thanks!

Our community is Firewise compliant and we follow their guidelines. My son is also a wildland firefighter, so we have a resident expert … so to speak. 😛
Excellent! Enjoy

EveryAmp

Site Sponsor
First Name
EveryAmp
Threads
Reaction score
Website
everyamp.com
Vehicles
Rivian R1T, Tesla Model 3, & Model Y
Also note the "wedge" screw that comes with the EveryAmp mount is silver, and it stood out like a sore thumb on the passenger side (not visible on the driver side, so no issue there). I didn't have a black one handy, so just painted the one that comes with it black (and will replace with a black one next time I'm at the hardware store).
Thanks for the feedback! We're working on that screw color. The black screws we got from McMaster looked more dirty brown than black and the coating would come off on your fingers, so that was no good.

We have a good custom black nickel-plated stainless steel source from a factory that makes our SnapPlate screws, so those are in progress!

Sponsored

Robin

First Name
Robin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Bicycle
Occupation
Waitress
Delivery day snaps. I had about an hour with the truck before dropping it off for paint correction, PPF, ceramic coating and window tint ... wouldn't see it for another 30 days due to travel schedule.

B87FA496-7D34-430F-AC1F-6CE0F3D9C2DA.jpeg
A4095DAE-ABB4-4161-99A9-878CB207E564.jpeg

0D7FE6C6-84D1-4D1A-9628-DB900D229673.jpeg

DAFF49B5-38F9-4B59-A05A-4578659C39BB.jpeg

7A1E26DE-0C91-4A97-A4CC-91AF2CA8A751.jpeg

849CA906-613F-47C5-B3DD-720942C64795.jpeg

5408F35F-C08D-4AA2-8F6E-F9ED0D5AE916.jpeg

FFEAB191-B390-4B5D-BEEC-5670C8B555C6.jpeg

B39A0F87-BF5E-4D08-9E3C-5765FD24F0F6.jpeg

336053A4-32B8-4838-A9FD-74B3DB568888.jpeg
Awesome 😎

OP
OP
Rob O

Rob O

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Dad
Quick update on tire wear, since it's come up in other recent threads ...

I’m at about 5500 miles on my Conti TerrainContact AT 22s, which I mounted almost immediately after delivery. A little more than half of those 5k+ miles have been in Conserve Mode and Low suspension setting, entirely on the highway (road trip / long journey miles). Otherwise, the majority of the remaining miles were in All Purpose at Standard ride height, with a little bit of Off Road / High. When using Conserve Mode on road trips, I wasn’t terribly disciplined about activating before getting on the Interstate or after I was at speed; nor was I diligent about when I deactivated it (as I approached an exit, after exiting, etc) … I just engaged it as I drove and disengaged it when I stopped to charge.

Anyway, my tread wear to this point is perfectly even at all four corners, and I’ve seen hardly any change in tread depth from new. I'll probably rotate them within the next 1000 miles, just to be safe.

DTown3011

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T
Quick update on tire wear, since it's come up in other recent threads ...

I’m at about 5500 miles on my Conti TerrainContact AT 22s, which I mounted almost immediately after delivery. A little more than half of those 5k+ miles have been in Conserve Mode and Low suspension setting, entirely on the highway (road trip / long journey miles). Otherwise, the majority of the remaining miles were in All Purpose at Standard ride height, with a little bit of Off Road / High. When using Conserve Mode on road trips, I wasn’t terribly disciplined about activating before getting on the Interstate or after I was at speed; nor was I diligent about when I deactivated it (as I approached an exit, after exiting, etc) … I just engaged it as I drove and disengaged it when I stopped to charge.

Anyway, my tread wear to this point is perfectly even at all four corners, and I’ve seen hardly any change in tread depth from new. I'll probably rotate them within the next 1000 miles, just to be safe.

When my stock Pirelli tires wear out (which is likely to be soon given the tread depth I saw at first rotation 7,500 miles) I will plan to install these tires on my 22's!

OP
OP
Rob O

Rob O

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Dad
When my stock Pirelli tires wear out (which is likely to be soon given the tread depth I saw at first rotation 7,500 miles) I will plan to install these tires on my 22's!
A little over 8000 miles on these now, pretty much 50/50 “city/highway” (the latter being predominantly long journeys, and often in Conserve mode), no rotation yet and they’re wearing perfectly.
Rivian R1T R1S The @blinker.fluid El Cap Granite R1T delivery/spec/build/journal ... IMG_7569

Rivian R1T R1S The @blinker.fluid El Cap Granite R1T delivery/spec/build/journal ... IMG_7568

Egen

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S, 4Runner
Just installed these on my S this past Monday. Love them so far, hardly any noise increase compared to the stock Pirelli’s. Always prefer an AT over HT for capability purposes, but they also fit the look of the Rivian so much better
Sponsored