First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 R1T, 2019 RS5 Sportback, 2018 Raptor, 2020 M4
Occupation
Dad
Just installed these on my S this past Monday. Love them so far, hardly any noise increase compared to the stock Pirelli’s. Always prefer an AT over HT for capability purposes, but they also fit the look of the Rivian so much better
🙌🏻🙌🏻🙌🏻 Look forward to hearing others’ feedback on these.

FWIW, I did a tread depth check on mine (at 8000 miles) and the fronts are 25-28% worn while the rears are 22-25% (measured against new). Wear is nice and even front and rear. That mileage is a pretty solid 50/50 long highway trips (Conserve) / around town use (All Purpose).
Sponsored

OP
OP
Rob O

Rob O

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Dad
Thought I'd share a quick update regarding efficiency with the Continental TerrainContact AT, since I get asked often and just completed another 3k-ish mile road trip.

I now have over 11,000 miles on these tires and my lifetime average for the truck is 2.02 mi/kWh (which includes roughly 400 miles on the OE tires from delivery).

Of the 11k+ miles, around 6,000 are true highway (long distance, highway speeds) and the rest are a mix. Of the 6,000 highway miles, I'd estimate 75% were driven in Conserve mode; almost all others were in All Purpose with a small portion in Off Road. And around half of the highway miles (2500-3000) were driven with a cargo box mounted on the roof (the "range robber").

Wear is very even and consistent across each tire's section width and between tires (front/rear, left/right). I rotated them one time, at about 7,500 miles. At that time the fronts had slightly more wear than the rears. Now they are closer to equal wear (which makes sense). All tires are at around 6.5mm tread depth. Continental lists dread depth new at 12/32, which is 9.5mm ... so I'm at about 68% tread life compared with new, probably 55% usable life remaining.

Rivian R1T R1S The @blinker.fluid El Cap Granite R1T delivery/spec/build/journal ... IMG_0985

thebwk

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S
What shop did you have install the Continental A/T's? Tire Rack is telling me Discount Tire likely will not install these for me due to the T speed rating (H is required).

Thanks,
Ben

OP
OP
Rob O

Rob O

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Dad
What shop did you have install the Continental A/T's? Tire Rack is telling me Discount Tire likely will not install these for me due to the T speed rating (H is required).

Thanks,
Ben
Local tire and wheel shop. They’ve done a ton of Rivians (which are a dime a dozen here). They give the requisite “may not be load rated per factory spec”, but will mount them because they’re rated high enough.

Purpleemperor

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T

Thanks,
Ben
Did you try calling discount tire? My local shop had no issues installing them. They also were able to order and price match the tire rack price.
Sponsored