Real Rivian Photos & Videos

ElectricDan

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Jeep Grand Cherokee
Most likely a warning sticker for firemen/paramedics, due to the high voltage. My car has a sticker under the hood and a power wire that is marked for cutting by the fire department, in case of a crash.
I'm a firefighter/paramedic in a fairly large city and I've never seen them before. That's why I thought this perhaps a state requirement. Tbh EVs are kind of a pain in the ass to us because rarely is anything standardized or intuitive with EVs and their electrical access.
Sponsored

CommodoreAmiga

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
INACTIVE
I'm a firefighter/paramedic in a fairly large city and I've never seen them before. That's why I thought this perhaps a state requirement. Tbh EVs are kind of a pain in the ass to us because rarely is anything standardized or intuitive with EVs and their electrical access.
I'm surprised that the manufacturers haven't standardized a disconnect at the location of the charge port.

MW_Riley

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1974 Land Cruiser 2000 Land Cruiser 2009 Ducati Sport Classic 1000S 2011Ducati StreetfighterS
This last picture of parking at the EVGO charger is why I think they should have charge ports on both sides of the vehicle. Most CCS cables are not very long.
I prefer backing into my garage. Iā€™m going to have to rethink where I place my home charger. Wait, can I have all four corners please? Lol!

But seriously, thank you for bringing these issues up. Iā€™m completely new to EVā€™s and appreciate everyoneā€™s knowledge and experience. Looks like Iā€™ll have some shift in habits after delivery. There may be a few new minor inconvenience, but Iā€™m looking forward to waking up with a full charge every morning.

RIV206

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
ā€˜23 R1S, '23 Model Y
Clubs

are these just generic/one off wheels they are using? Look too small to be the black 22's.
Rivian R1T R1S Real Rivian Photos & Videos Screen Shot 2021-03-08 at 2.51.34 PM

Sponsored

electruck

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Rivian R1S
are these just generic/one off wheels they are using? Look too small to be the black 22's.
No, those are the R1T's 20" wheel option in black.
Rivian R1T R1S Real Rivian Photos & Videos r1t_wheels

CommodoreAmiga

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
INACTIVE

kanundrum

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Giulia QV, R1S (S00N)
Occupation
IT
Clubs

An eye-watering $3,500 option. Oy!

Depends If they are Forged 20's and you can buy them seperately for $3500 direct from Rivian in Addition to your current wheels I would say its totally worth it and pretty standard pricing for a good set of Forged wheels.

sevengroove

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S Launch Edition
Depends If they are Forged 20's and you can buy them seperately for $3500 direct from Rivian in Addition to your current wheels I would say its totally worth it and pretty standard pricing for a good set of Forged wheels.
My understanding is that it costs $3,500 to go from the already included 21" wheels to the 20"s or 22"s in black. So the cost to buy either of those black sets outright might be way more than $3,500 unfortunately.

Sponsored

MReda

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Audi S4, Lexus LX470
My understanding is that it costs $3,500 to go from the already included 21" wheels to the 20"s or 22"s in black. So the cost to buy either of those black sets outright might be way more than $3,500 unfortunately.
Yeah, most likely. My OEM Audi 19" wheels were $900 each if I wanted to buy them individually, if I remember correctly, and I think that is pretty standard for large diameter wheels from premium brands.

These are larger and forged. I'd expect more of a premium.

Jay

First Name
Vicky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Subaru Ascent
Heres the new video shared by RJ showing how flat the 2nd and 3rd row fold.. this should answer everyone's questions and clear our worries

LoneStar

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'23 R1S Launch Ed.
Occupation
engineer
Clubs

If that S in background is "Canyon Red" then that color is back on my possibilities list! :involve:
Sponsored