First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, Outback
Occupation
Architect
Spent Satruday and Sunday exploring east of snoqualmie pass. Both days started in West Seattle (sea level).

Saturday was with my wife and dogs. Headed out past the Crystal Springs sno park and out the Stampede Pass trail. Didn't track the miles but got tired of the high voltage power lines...not too scenic plus the militia like cosplay going on. Headed back and then out the East Kachess Lake Road and up the Kachess Outlook trail.

Out yellow lab was getting anxious with the vehcile rocking so we didn't make the summit. Headed back to where we saw a steep trail down to the lake bed for lunch. Stopped at the North Bend EA charger. Didn't need a charge but as a BEV newbie and a charging newbie decided to check out the location and charge for 15 minutes starting at 48% SOC. Peaked at 218 on #4.

Rivian R1T R1S R1T Snoqualmie Pass Area Radventures Lake1
Rivian R1T R1S R1T Snoqualmie Pass Area Radventures Lake2
Rivian R1T R1S R1T Snoqualmie Pass Area Radventures Lake3
Rivian R1T R1S R1T Snoqualmie Pass Area Radventures Lake4
Rivian R1T R1S R1T Snoqualmie Pass Area Radventures Lake5
Rivian R1T R1S R1T Snoqualmie Pass Area Radventures Lake6
Rivian R1T R1S R1T Snoqualmie Pass Area Radventures Lake7
Rivian R1T R1S R1T Snoqualmie Pass Area Radventures Lake8
Rivian R1T R1S R1T Snoqualmie Pass Area Radventures Trip Oct1

Wasn't planning to head out again Sunday but a friend talked me into it and my wife gave me the green light since it was his birthday. He has a '22 Wrangler in a beautiful army green color.
Hadn't charged up from the Saturday trip so I left 20 minutes early to hit the North Bend EA charger. Started at 47% SOC but my peak on #4 was only 189 this time.
We headed up Amabilis Mtn Summit at 4527'. Didn't know what to expect and were just hoping for a view. Spectacular views! On the way back we hit the Keechelus Ridge Trail.
We had incredibly rare PNW October weather in the 80s.

Great weather forcasted for next weekend too. My Jepp buddy and I are tentavely thinking of hitting segment 3 of the BDR between Ellensburgh and Cashmere.
Anyone interested to join us? Has anyone done it yet in their R1T?
Love the pedal mapping in rock crawl!
Rivian R1T R1S R1T Snoqualmie Pass Area Radventures summit8

Did someone say the 22s are mall crawlers??

Rivian R1T R1S R1T Snoqualmie Pass Area Radventures summit1.JPEG
Rivian R1T R1S R1T Snoqualmie Pass Area Radventures summit2.JPEG
Rivian R1T R1S R1T Snoqualmie Pass Area Radventures summit3.JPEG
Rivian R1T R1S R1T Snoqualmie Pass Area Radventures summit4.JPEG
Rivian R1T R1S R1T Snoqualmie Pass Area Radventures summit5
Rivian R1T R1S R1T Snoqualmie Pass Area Radventures summit6.JPEG
Rivian R1T R1S R1T Snoqualmie Pass Area Radventures summit7

Rivian R1T R1S R1T Snoqualmie Pass Area Radventures summit9.JPEG
Rivian R1T R1S R1T Snoqualmie Pass Area Radventures Trip Oct2.JPEG
Sponsored

PNWRIV

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
Damn I was up there at the same spot with my truck on Saturday!

silby1383

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla model S
I live in Sammamish and would really like to get my truck on on trails. I will say that I haven't ever done it, so I am a little worried about getting my self into a situation I cannot get of. Are there any "intro" level trails that would be good to get started with?

OP
OP
WSea

WSea

First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, Outback
Occupation
Architect
There are others on the forum that have much more off road experience than I do so maybe they can add some advice.
For me having a group with a minimum of 2 vehicles increases my comfort level 10x.
Look at a trail app like On X Offroad ahead of time to scope out potential routes and use during your travels since it live tracks your location. Gives good trail info and rates the trail on a scale of 1-10 with 1 being the easiest. I've only been on 2s and 3s so far with my R1T.

HeresRonnie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
Occupation
Gambler
There are others on the forum that have much more off road experience than I do so maybe they can add some advice.
For me having a group with a minimum of 2 vehicles increases my comfort level 10x.
Look at a trail app like On X Offroad ahead of time to scope out potential routes and use during your travels since it live tracks your location. Gives good trail info and rates the trail on a scale of 1-10 with 1 being the easiest. I've only been on 2s and 3s so far with my R1T.
I did stampede pass and it was longer than I anticipated but was fun. If you’re looking for another good trail resource check out trailsoffroad.com you have to pay for the premium subscription but the reviews and trail ratings have been valuable to me.

Sponsored

VSG

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T LE/RB/OC/20
I live in Sammamish and would really like to get my truck on on trails. I will say that I haven't ever done it, so I am a little worried about getting my self into a situation I cannot get of. Are there any "intro" level trails that would be good to get started with?
I recommend the North Fork Snoqualmie River Road (NF-57) as a good place to start. It's close (from downtown North Bend take Ballarat Ave north and keep going), scenic, long, lots of places to turn around, and is a good place to gain some confidence on a somewhat graveled and pot holed road with lots of washboard. Also, plenty of hikes along the way, but be aware that the first part of the road goes through private timber land and they want you to buy a day permit to hike on their land. The road is county and Forest Service property though, so no pass is needed if you're just driving. Check trail information on wta.org - they will tell you if the hike is on private land and give you a link to buy a pass.

Kidentist

First Name
Carlitos way
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Audi Q7,A3, Macan GTS
Occupation
Mouth Janitor
Love that area ! Can't wait.....

SeaGeo

First Name
Brice
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Xc60 T8
Occupation
Engineer
I'd totally be up for BDR section 3 next weekend, but am heading up to Winthrop to try and catch the larches when they're changing. Have fun!

PappaBolt

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S, Corvette, 911
Occupation
Tech
Clubs

Great experience and write-up. Love seeing your limestone R1T on the trail.

I’m looking forward to doing more of this in the PNW as well. I do worry about a lack of spare and a compressor hose that won’t connect for emergency repairs. Might have to look into a full spare to throw in the back as an outback insurance plan.

OP
OP
WSea

WSea

First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, Outback
Occupation
Architect
I'd totally be up for BDR section 3 next weekend, but am heading up to Winthrop to try and catch the larches when they're changing. Have fun!
Have fun! Should be beautiful and hopefully not too smoky. Try Copper Glance if you haven't. Our favorite in Winthrop. Gotta take advantage of these sunny and warm October days.

Sponsored

Inkedsphynx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 LE R1T, '21 CB500FA, '21 CMX1100A
I was contemplating the same, tho in a slightly different area. Any recommendations on where to go up there for a good view?

OP
OP
WSea

WSea

First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, Outback
Occupation
Architect
North Cascades highway.
Sun Mountain
Check out these gravel routes too. Been on a number of them on a cyclocross bike. I imagine they'd be fun in a R1T too.
methowcyclesport.com/articles/gravel-trails-conditions-pg185.htm

SeaGeo

First Name
Brice
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Xc60 T8
Occupation
Engineer
I was contemplating the same, tho in a slightly different area. Any recommendations on where to go up there for a good view?
Blue Lake is supposed to have good views and very accessible. Across the highway from there is a lookout as well.

Heather Maple Loop pass is about a 7 mile hike, but full of views (assuming the trees cooperate).

Jess has a good summary of several larch hikes.
https://jesswandering.com/the-best-golden-larch-hiking-trails-in-washington/

Inkedsphynx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 LE R1T, '21 CB500FA, '21 CMX1100A

wicked2112

First Name
Kenny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Subaru Outback & CrossTrek
Occupation
Warranty & Product Integrity Manager - Yakima Racks.
Clubs

Detroit Lake is a great place to photograph! Waiting on my R1S to run out there as well.
Sponsored