Sponsored

RayzorBEV

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'23 R1T QM, '23 R1S QM, '23 MY DM, '24 Cyberbeast
Occupation
Electric bum
On the date of delivery, I was stuck at work and couldn't make my scheduled delivery time. The driver and delivery Guide were nice enough to hang out at the hotel and waited over 2 hours for me to come home. Mean while my coworker arrived at work all excited and told me what he saw on the freeway on his way to work; a Rivian and proceeded to show me a video and pics that he had captured. I took a look and was really excited to see "another" Rivian R1T on a flatbed being delivered on the same day as mine. Turns out, what he'd captured was my Rivian R1T on her way to my house😄

Rivian R1T R1S What’s your best “OMG is that a Rivian?!?” sighting moment? IMG_70671

Rivian R1T R1S What’s your best “OMG is that a Rivian?!?” sighting moment? IMG_70701
Sponsored

abirozy

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
tesla model s, lexus gs 350 f sport, toyota corolla
Occupation
lawyer
Clubs

Ha, I was visiting my mom in Georgetown, TX last month and we were at Ace Hardware and as we were leaving, I was like, "Wait, Mom, stop!" She thought we were about to have an accident but there was a RB R1T parked right there and the owner was just getting in. I jumped out and he very obligingly showed me the truck and answered all of my questions. I was so happy to see one in my color in the wild. Mine is imminent now, as well. Super excited!
Where are you in socal? We have quite a few here, including my RB. And everyone i have met here has been very friendly and willing to share notes.

Rivian R1T R1S What’s your best “OMG is that a Rivian?!?” sighting moment? IMG_1250

AltaTruck

First Name
Al
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mazda RX8, R1T, Alta EXR (road) , Alta EXR (woods)
Occupation
Retired Science teacher
I had my Husaberg on a hitch hauler and was traveling down I-79 when a car overtook me at probably 20-25mph faster than my 70mph. When he got just past me in the passing lane he slammed on the brakes and I shot past him. He stayed at my left rear for almost a minute then slowly came up beside me. I could see they were taking a video and both driver and passenger gave me a big thumbs up as they sped up and continued the pass.

RayzorBEV

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'23 R1T QM, '23 R1S QM, '23 MY DM, '24 Cyberbeast
Occupation
Electric bum
I had my Husaberg on a hitch hauler and was traveling down I-79 when a car overtook me at probably 20-25mph faster than my 70mph. When he got just past me in the passing lane he slammed on the brakes and I shot past him. He stayed at my left rear for almost a minute then slowly came up beside me. I could see they were taking a video and both driver and passenger gave me a big thumbs up as they sped up and continued the pass.
Husaberg is definitely not common and unless you're into supermoto, enduro or motocross, you wouldn't even know what it is even if you see one, lol

kevinR1Tx2R1Sx1

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T Red/Black, R1T LG/FG
Well, my neighbors were a little shocked when I had two Rivians delivered the same day. And, actually, so was I!! I drove to Richmond to pick up the red one. My deliver rep asked me if I wanted the driver to meet me the same afternoon for my second delivery. I had just paid for the second, but had no idea it was ready for delivery. Later that evening the second one was delivered to my house on a flatbed.
The best part was the joke I played on my 9 year old daughter. She saw the green one delivered to the house. But I had left the red one at my office. The next morning I went and got it. When my daughter came outside to hop in the truck she was like, “wait a minute, does this change colors?”

I love the truck thus far. People always ask me how fast it is. I have punched it a few times, and I’d say it is so fast that my brain hurts from the acceleration. I really don’t see myself flooring it on a regular basis. It is incredibly fast.

oh, and when Rivian #3 arrives, I wonder if my daughter will fall for the truck to SUV conversion trick…

Rivian R1T R1S What’s your best “OMG is that a Rivian?!?” sighting moment? 84408043-CD3D-4385-827E-71F36255159F

Rivian R1T R1S What’s your best “OMG is that a Rivian?!?” sighting moment? 6A709530-1DEF-4277-B3FD-9D73132B871F

Sponsored

EVTrucking

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Unknown
Clubs

Well, my neighbors were a little shocked when I had two Rivians delivered the same day. And, actually, so was I!! I drove to Richmond to pick up the red one. My deliver rep asked me if I wanted the driver to meet me the same afternoon for my second delivery. I had just paid for the second, but had no idea it was ready for delivery. Later that evening the second one was delivered to my house on a flatbed.
The best part was the joke I played on my 9 year old daughter. She saw the green one delivered to the house. But I had left the red one at my office. The next morning I went and got it. When my daughter came outside to hop in the truck she was like, “wait a minute, does this change colors?”

I love the truck thus far. People always ask me how fast it is. I have punched it a few times, and I’d say it is so fast that my brain hurts from the acceleration. I really don’t see myself flooring it on a regular basis. It is incredibly fast.

oh, and when Rivian #3 arrives, I wonder if my daughter will fall for the truck to SUV conversion trick…

84408043-CD3D-4385-827E-71F36255159F.jpeg

6A709530-1DEF-4277-B3FD-9D73132B871F.jpeg
Out of curiosity what was your pre order date?

Sponsored

NeuronBasher

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW X7, VW Taos
Clubs

We have a pool and outdoor kitchen being built in our backyard right now. Today we went to pick out a granite slab for the kitchen area. One of the folks at the granite supplier tracked me down in while we were browsing to ask about the R1T. He and his cousin apparently have R1S order in and he was super curious how things were going with the R1T. "Do you love it?"

kurtlikevonnegut

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T QM, Honda Odyssey
Clubs

Just popped my "OMG a Rivian" in the Home Depot parking lot. Leaving the store and walking up to the truck, I hear a shout from behind me and turn to see a man jogging across the parking lot to me. I had parked at the very back of the lot to get a good picture of the damage from that asshole deer for insurance so he was running literally across the parking lot to get to me.

Guy was interested in a Rivian but hadn't gotten to see one up close because there aren't many in this area. He was very friendly and it was fun to show off a bit. I'm sure the lustre will wear off on those encounters soon. It was 97° out so that part wasn't ideal...

swazi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model 3
Not on topic but just have to share.
Had a guy talk to me today and he is clearly not on board for getting an ev. At least not until "they can go 800 miles" on a charge.
But his reason was priceless: EVs will make you fat. You will be charging so often and stop by a convenience store or restaurant every few hours and eat too much.
I really cannot find a flaw in his logic.

R1Sky Business

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S
Clubs

Just popped my "OMG a Rivian" in the Home Depot parking lot. Leaving the store and walking up to the truck, I hear a shout from behind me and turn to see a man jogging across the parking lot to me. I had parked at the very back of the lot to get a good picture of the damage from that asshole deer for insurance so he was running literally across the parking lot to get to me.

Guy was interested in a Rivian but hadn't gotten to see one up close because there aren't many in this area. He was very friendly and it was fun to show off a bit. I'm sure the lustre will wear off on those encounters soon. It was 97° out so that part wasn't ideal...
Especially a double Forest

R1Sky Business

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S
Clubs

Not on topic but just have to share.
Had a guy talk to me today and he is clearly not on board for getting an ev. At least not until "they can go 800 miles" on a charge.
But his reason was priceless: EVs will make you fat. You will be charging so often and stop by a convenience store or restaurant every few hours and eat too much.
I really cannot find a flaw in his logic.
That is genius logic.
Sponsored