Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla MYP, Mini Cooper S
Occupation
Engineer
Clubs

Geocvl,

You wouldn't be the first. It happened several times yesterday alone. That's really been a very fun part of this Rivian experience. I love showing complete strangers the features of the R1T and answering every question they have about the car and the company. That said, if you were to chase me down on your way to Florida, I'll have questions of you.

After asking "How's life in Ontario?", and "Where are you headed in Florida?", the next might be "Then, what the Hell are you doing in Oregon!?" No matter, wave me down any time and I'll show you how to use your Nav System, and how to get the most out of your windshield wipers' "Drizzle" Mode (very handy here for Summers) over pizza and beer. 😉

I sure hope Rivian surprises you with your vehicle ahead of your trip this Fall. That sounds like a great maiden voyage and would make it really memorable!
That would be an awesome road trip.

I heard a rumour that Rivian won’t have the R1’s certified in Canada until September (just a rumour, no idea if it’s true).

My delivery window is 2nd half of 2023. I am hoping we get it for next years winter road trip.
Sponsored

Paradigm_Shift

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1S, Audi RS5, and a few more
Occupation
Architect
Clubs

I am in the Portland Maine area. My wife and I were heading out to the Rivian facility in Chelsea, MA on Saturday so we could finally see one. Driving down our street I saw the tail of an R1T in my neighbor’s garage a few houses down the street from mine! Saved four hours of driving!

crashmtb

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2002 aluminium garden shed TD5
That would be an awesome road trip.

I heard a rumour that Rivian won’t have the R1’s certified in Canada until September (just a rumour, no idea if it’s true).

My delivery window is 2nd half of 2023. I am hoping we get it for next years winter road trip.
they indicated september for transport canada approval in one of the recent investor communications.

surprising there such a hold up there as it’s basically a 6 week wait for approval usually. It is a self declaring process - you submit info to TC that your vehicles conform, they rubber stamp it and off you go.

schwartz83

First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2014 Subaru Outback
Occupation
Manager
Just saw a Glacier White R1T headed east outside of Ritzville, WA. My wife about drove us in the ditch because I startled her! 😂

Sponsored

bhopkins

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
Neighbor’s landscape crew saw me drive into my driveway. They all threw down their tools and came over for a look-see. Their supervisor was the most interested. Spent about 20 minutes showing them all the bells and whistles.

OP
OP
AdamsFan1983

AdamsFan1983

First Name
Silence Dogood
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T LE in GW
Occupation
Public Relations
I’m amending mine. I ran over a big staple on the road in the sidewall and took it to my buddy in a big Nissan dealer.

They all knew I was coming and were waiting on the service pull through fost pumping and staring as I drove in. The first hour of me being there was giving their service and sales teams a tour and demo drives.

Was pretty insane. I’m not one of those guys who begrudge dealers but I gotta tell y’all they are NOT ready to take on companies like Tesla and Rivian. It’s a completely different world to them and they just fundamentally don’t seem to understand their products they’re up against.

Riviot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
Clubs

New favorite from a grocery store parking lot in Salmon, Idaho: a man with hook hand walks up and stares for a while, goes to friend in an old F100, points at us with said hook. That friend rolls up in front of us and stares, I wave, he says "THAT'S ELECTRIC," and guns it off.

jennq

First Name
Jenn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla S/Y/3, R1T, R1S (order)
Ha, I was visiting my mom in Georgetown, TX last month and we were at Ace Hardware and as we were leaving, I was like, "Wait, Mom, stop!" She thought we were about to have an accident but there was a RB R1T parked right there and the owner was just getting in. I jumped out and he very obligingly showed me the truck and answered all of my questions. I was so happy to see one in my color in the wild. Mine is imminent now, as well. Super excited!

Dark-Fx

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Polestar 2, R1T, R1S, Livewire One, Fisker Ocean
Occupation
Engineering
Clubs

Ran into someone driving an Endurance yesterday, he hadn't seen the R1T up close yet.
Rivian R1T R1S What’s your best “OMG is that a Rivian?!?” sighting moment? PXL_20220528_002246651

Sponsored

swhme

First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S, Land Cruisers, BMW 535&335, MB 300TD, Cayenne
Occupation
Nerd
Clubs

Ran into someone driving an Endurance yesterday, he hadn't seen the R1T up close yet.
PXL_20220528_002246651.jpg
Holy moly that is an unfortunate looking truck!

mwexler2

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y, Prius Plug-in
Occupation
Software Engineer
Clubs

The locals admiring the new truck.
Rivian R1T R1S What’s your best “OMG is that a Rivian?!?” sighting moment? 2C5DA731-1BBC-480C-A47A-BE7FDA9CB5D9

U100

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T
Holy moly that is an unfortunate looking truck!
Wow. That looks like what the Griswolds would drive to Wally World if they needed to go in a pickup.

EVTrucking

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Unknown
Clubs

My adult daughter texted me a few days ago that she saw an R1T in Boise. I have talked about Rivian enough that she knew what it was. Trying to be clever I texted back “ was I driving it?”

Her response was “no because the driver could see over the steering wheel” to which I had a good chuckle. For context I top out at 5’4” and my daughter is 5’10” so the short jokes lovingly abound.

Someday if I do get my R1T I will prove that indeed I can see over the steering wheel !!!

mgc0216

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, BMW R1200RT, BMW F800GS
Occupation
Software guy
Clubs

My adult daughter texted me a few days ago that she saw an R1T in Boise. I have talked about Rivian enough that she knew what it was. Trying to be clever I texted back “ was I driving it?”

Her response was “no because the driver could see over the steering wheel” to which I had a good chuckle. For context I top out at 5’4” and my daughter is 5’10” so the short jokes lovingly abound.

Someday if I do get my R1T I will prove that indeed I can see over the steering wheel !!!
I was driving through Boise on thursday and can see over the steering wheel.
Sponsored