Sponsored

Colorado Checking In

moosehead

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
‘22 Ioniq 5, ‘78 Jeep Wagoneer
Stalked the Denver Rivian center today and finally saw three in the wild. Most noticeable impression to me was very high quality of fit and finish, and I’ve been labeled a german uber snob at times.

Spoke casually to a friendly new Rivian employee who was obviously thrilled to be part of the company, he is on the new vehicle delivery team (DIV?).

He said that there were no definitive Drive events yet planned for Denver as they are all drinking out of a fire hose. Coming sOOn.

Rivian R1T R1S Colorado Checking In A2DB71CC-BBEB-4EFC-9C8B-AC59B022A3C0
Rivian R1T R1S Colorado Checking In 049997CA-889D-4121-B560-049A79873C53
Rivian R1T R1S Colorado Checking In C63BEB47-8237-42D8-8FB1-2A08C65F0C21
Sponsored

Monkey

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Y, Ford F-350 and lots more…
Occupation
Software Developer
Is it possible that Rivian is considering the that blogger test drive event in Keystone as a First Drive? It's not Denver but perhaps they considered it to be close enough.
I posted that suggestion in another thread. But I'm thinking when they mentioned Denver in their update yesterday, the Colorado media drive is what they were referring to. It started at DIA after all.

EDIT> And it seems like many of you all are thinking the same thing...

Hopefully we get demo drives here soon. I was hopeful when they had 5 or 6 R1Ts at the service center, but when three of them left on the truck the other day...

lg3103

First Name
Lars
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
VW Atlas, Mini SE
Occupation
Director
Just went to my daughter’s dance recital in wheat ridge and looks like the el cap grey one is here…will need to figure out who this is ?
Rivian R1T R1S Colorado Checking In 1639871343775

Monkey

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Software Developer
So there is now a Launch Green R1T LE with black interior and off-road package driving around the Boulder/Broomfield area! My friend took delivery this morning. I've invited him to share some pics, but he's not big on social media/ sharing online. That and he knows what I went through with my Model X when I had one of the first ones.

He was expecting to take delivery at the service center, but they delivered right to his driveway!

Sponsored

Aardvark

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S, Model 3
I'm hoping we get a Colorado 1st Drive event soon. I would like to at least see the truck in person before pulling the trigger next year!

lg3103

First Name
Lars
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
VW Atlas, Mini SE
Occupation
Director
I'm hoping we get a Colorado 1st Drive event soon. I would like to at least see the truck in person before pulling the trigger next year!
Just go by the service center on a nice day. They showed me their own trucks when I asked nicely. Agree, would love a test drive as well, but great to see the trucks in person. They look so much better than on pictures

Monkey

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Software Developer
Very cool! Non employee? Hope he has a great experience!
He is not a Rivian employee. He just tried his best to be first in line.

He says the truck is near perfect all around. Can’t use the tonneau cover, I don’t know if it’s disconnected or they just told him not to use it until they get replacement parts.

They are now all electric for vehicles, his wife replaced her car with a Model Y last year and the R1T replaces his Tacoma. I’m hoping to meet up with him soon and will check it out.

cohall

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Rivian R1T
He is not a Rivian employee. He just tried his best to be first in line.

He says the truck is near perfect all around. Can’t use the tonneau cover, I don’t know if it’s disconnected or they just told him not to use it until they get replacement parts.
Lucky guy! Please let us know what other intel he shares with you, if and when he does so.

Concerning that the tonneau issue(s) still aren't resolved.

Sponsored

Sgt Beavis

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Rivian R1T, 2021 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon
Occupation
Overpaid Computer Nerd
Clubs

More reports of tonneau cover issues. I really wish Rivian would come clean on this.

Pixelshot

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
VW eGolf
Occupation
Filmmaker
I drove by the service center today and it's all ramped up and ready to go. Empty stalls for "Delivery Vehicles" even - It was super cool to see them in person. I did a vid about it:

GaryL

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 Silverado 3500
Occupation
Farm
So there is now a Launch Green R1T LE with black interior and off-road package driving around the Boulder/Broomfield area! My friend took delivery this morning. I've invited him to share some pics, but he's not big on social media/ sharing online. That and he knows what I went through with my Model X when I had one of the first ones.

He was expecting to take delivery at the service center, but they delivered right to his driveway!
Did he have to sign a NDA?

Ccomtois

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford 150
Occupation
Patient Rivian Pre-Order Holder

Wow that's exciting...getting closer to me. I'm in Louisville and was going to ask if there were any in the area. I've been on the waiting list for going on 3 years, and have yet to see one up close. I'm expecting delivery April-May 2022. Can't wait.
Sponsored